Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Other
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
bschaspire wrote:
Hi,

I am done with the IESE interview and it was a pretty decent experience. I have now been invited for the assessment day. Does everyone has to go through the Assessment Day or does this mean that the Admissions Committee is still not convinced on one's candidacy to the program?

Any insights on what happens on the Assessment Day is highly appreciated. Looks like a day long event.

Regards
Bschaspire

(1) Fantastic! I have been admitted as well and will most probably join IESE.
(2) No - the Assessment day is not mandatory UNLESS the Admissions committee specifically TELLS you to attend it. I attended the AD because I wanted to and I was in Barca for my interview anyway! I believe that the AD is a huge opportunity to sell yourself.
(3) AD - It was really quite fun! I had a great time and did not worry about putting on my 'interview' face. There is no need to prepare beforehand. Without giving away too much (I am not sure I am allowed to reveal all the 'details') - everyone introduces themselves, you are then split into groups by the adcom to work on case studies. And then each team presents their case in front of the other candidates and adcom. That's it!

A few tips for AD -
* Think through your case well - with your team, but dont stress yourself trying to find incredible insights.
* I think it is more crucial that your team works together well, comes to a concrete decision and explains it clearly to the rest of the peeps. Presentation skill matters A LOT. Make it interesting. Dont become your old prof from undergrad who put you to sleep.
* Dont hog the stage.
* Try to stay interested in other's cases as well. You will be cold called.
* After the AD go out with your team and get your drink on! You just interviewed at a top school!

Cheers.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Interesting thread so far. Lurked on this site for a while but had a question about these informational interviews and so on. I am applying for the Feb 13 round from the US (FL specifically) and I see they are going to be in Miami on 2/27. I am confused as to whether I can request an informational interview or if interviews are only extended after they review the application?

Thanks for any help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: IESE - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
snipes wrote:
Interesting thread so far. Lurked on this site for a while but had a question about these informational interviews and so on. I am applying for the Feb 13 round from the US (FL specifically) and I see they are going to be in Miami on 2/27. I am confused as to whether I can request an informational interview or if interviews are only extended after they review the application?

Thanks for any help.

You can, and should ask for an informational interview. You don't need to submit your application before requesting one. Indeed, the purpose is to exchange information. The Adcom however, may or may grant one depending on their slots availability (and I think, also your resume and GMAT)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 129 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ra011y wrote:
bschaspire wrote:
Hi,

I am done with the IESE interview and it was a pretty decent experience. I have now been invited for the assessment day. Does everyone has to go through the Assessment Day or does this mean that the Admissions Committee is still not convinced on one's candidacy to the program?

Any insights on what happens on the Assessment Day is highly appreciated. Looks like a day long event.

Regards
Bschaspire

(1) Fantastic! I have been admitted as well and will most probably join IESE.
(2) No - the Assessment day is not mandatory UNLESS the Admissions committee specifically TELLS you to attend it. I attended the AD because I wanted to and I was in Barca for my interview anyway! I believe that the AD is a huge opportunity to sell yourself.
(3) AD - It was really quite fun! I had a great time and did not worry about putting on my 'interview' face. There is no need to prepare beforehand. Without giving away too much (I am not sure I am allowed to reveal all the 'details') - everyone introduces themselves, you are then split into groups by the adcom to work on case studies. And then each team presents their case in front of the other candidates and adcom. That's it!

A few tips for AD -
* Think through your case well - with your team, but dont stress yourself trying to find incredible insights.
* I think it is more crucial that your team works together well, comes to a concrete decision and explains it clearly to the rest of the peeps. Presentation skill matters A LOT. Make it interesting. Dont become your old prof from undergrad who put you to sleep.
* Dont hog the stage.
* Try to stay interested in other's cases as well. You will be cold called.
* After the AD go out with your team and get your drink on! You just interviewed at a top school!

Cheers.

Will it be a good option of applying for the Feb 13 deadline?? Little confused here.. Can anybody give comparisons between ESADE and IESE..

Also does IESE have an option of applying for 2013 class??
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
BattleToad wrote:
snipes wrote:

Thanks for any help.

You can, and should ask for an informational interview. You don't need to submit your application before requesting one. Indeed, the purpose is to exchange information. The Adcom however, may or may grant one depending on their slots availability (and I think, also your resume and GMAT)

Thanks, appreciate the info. Going to go ahead and request an informational interview then.

BattleToad--Could you estimate how many couples there are at IESE? Any info on what life is like for significant others who aren't enrolled?
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Little confused here.. Can anybody give comparisons between ESADE and IESE..
You can look up all the facts and figures online. I am not going to go into that.

What I will tell you about is what I heard when I visited Barca. ESADE is quite close to IESE. The building has a nice modern look to it. Something that I heard from a few of my friends who visited ESADE and IESE is that they felt a little bit more comfortable talking to the current students at ESADE. During the IESE Open Day we talked to alumni in one of the lecture halls and talked to the current students during lunch. We had a few adcom members floating around us as we talked to them. Contrast this with ESADE where at the end of the day the prospective students went out with current students to a bar. It was a little more informal at ESADE. A combination of such qualitative factors were enough to tip the balance in favor of ESADE (for a friend of mine). I went out with a few ESADE students as well. I had an interesting time at the bar and I had a great time overall. We even went dancing!

I think your best strategy would be to visit both schools and talk to students and alumni. Only you can decide which one you like better.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IESE - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
snipes wrote:
BattleToad wrote:
snipes wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Thanks, appreciate the info. Going to go ahead and request an informational interview then.

BattleToad--Could you estimate how many couples there are at IESE? Any info on what life is like for significant others who aren't enrolled?

I don't have a number, but there are quite a few I know personally. My wild guess would be 3 out of 10. There is a partners club here that's quite active. PM me your email/skype and I can put you in touch with one of the couples since I can't speak from personal experience.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ra011y wrote:
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
You can look up all the facts and figures online. I am not going to go into that.

What I will tell you about is what I heard when I visited Barca. ESADE is quite close to IESE. The building has a nice modern look to it. Something that I heard from a few of my friends who visited ESADE and IESE is that they felt a little bit more comfortable talking to the current students at ESADE. During the IESE Open Day we talked to alumni in one of the lecture halls and talked to the current students during lunch. We had a few adcom members floating around us as we talked to them. Contrast this with ESADE where at the end of the day the prospective students went out with current students to a bar. It was a little more informal at ESADE. A combination of such qualitative factors were enough to tip the balance in favor of ESADE (for a friend of mine). I went out with a few ESADE students as well. I had an interesting time at the bar and I had a great time overall. We even went dancing!

I think your best strategy would be to visit both schools and talk to students and alumni. Only you can decide which one you like better.

And you say you got admitted to IESE:-) To be honest I wont be able to visit both the schools, leave alone one.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
ra011y wrote:
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:

And you say you got admitted to IESE:-) To be honest I wont be able to visit both the schools, leave alone one.

Also what will be a good GMAT score to apply to both schools, mention the lower side as well..As everybody says are ESADE and IESE more localized Spanish schools or do they have a strong global presence like an Insead or LBS or HEC..

What are your views on IE then??Would love to know your perspective on IE as well..
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Also what will be a good GMAT score to apply to both schools, mention the lower side as well..
Get at-least the average GMAT score that is listed on the MBA website with an equal/proper split in both quant and verbal. Anything more doesn't necessarily hurt your application, but doesn't help you too much either. But anything less might very well hurt your candidacy. Obviously people have been admitted with much lesser scores, but are you willing to risk it?
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
As everybody says are ESADE and IESE more localized Spanish schools or do they have a strong global presence like an Insead or LBS or HEC..
Maybe a current student can answer this question better. From my perspective, IESE has a pretty good brand name in Europe and Latam. Not so much in NA and Asia, although they are working very hard to promote the name. You should be choosing your school with a keen eye towards the geographic location you eventually want to work in.
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
What are your views on IE then??Would love to know your perspective on IE as well..
IE is a really good school. I was initially considering applying to IE but eventually decided against it because the MBA course is a 13 month program with heavy emphasis on entrepreneurship. And for various other reasons IESE just seemed to better fit my goals. Try posting this question in the IE thread - you might get more detailed responses.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ra011y wrote:
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Also what will be a good GMAT score to apply to both schools, mention the lower side as well..
Get at-least the average GMAT score that is listed on the MBA website with an equal/proper split in both quant and verbal. Anything more doesn't necessarily hurt your application, but doesn't help you too much either. But anything less might very well hurt your candidacy. Obviously people have been admitted with much lesser scores, but are you willing to risk it?
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
As everybody says are ESADE and IESE more localized Spanish schools or do they have a strong global presence like an Insead or LBS or HEC..
Maybe a current student can answer this question better. From my perspective, IESE has a pretty good brand name in Europe and Latam. Not so much in NA and Asia, although they are working very hard to promote the name. You should be choosing your school with a keen eye towards the geographic location you eventually want to work in.
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
IE is a really good school. I was initially considering applying to IE but eventually decided against it because the MBA course is a 13 month program with heavy emphasis on entrepreneurship. And for various other reasons IESE just seemed to better fit my goals. Try posting this question in the IE thread - you might get more detailed responses.

Thanks rally,

Can you share your profile please??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to all who already made it. I am looking to apply in 12th Mar'12 round but not sure if that is too late to apply? Like many other schools which have only 3 rounds of admission do not advise to apply on R3, I am wondering whether it's a similar case for IESE? Also can anyone tell how long does it take to get final decision after deadline?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

Anyone here who got interview and assessment day invite for 16/17 march at singapore?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 513 [0]
Send PM
I am striving to meet the Feb 13th deadline as well. I got the initial assessment done on my profile and they encouraged me to apply for this round.
However , i am not sure whether i need to submit the official GMAT score through Pearson, Can someone please guide ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
shashankp27 wrote:
I am striving to meet the Feb 13th deadline as well. I got the initial assessment done on my profile and they encouraged me to apply for this round.
However , i am not sure whether i need to submit the official GMAT score through Pearson, Can someone please guide ?

I'm not sure. Why don't you shoot off an email to the adcom, or give them a ring.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Send PM
Kudos
Got my admit today...... I'm in for the IESE Class of 2014 !!!!!!!!

Yahoooo :D :D :D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
maxkrewl wrote:
Got my admit today...... I'm in for the IESE Class of 2014 !!!!!!!!

Yahoooo :D :D :D

Congrats !! Did you apply during R4 ? How long did it take between AD and decision ?

Is anyone going to the open day and assessment day on 17 and 18 February ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts