Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.91
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi All, received an invite for an interview yesterday. I'm based out of India so I don't think i'll be able to go for the Assessment day in Barcelona. I'm going to be opting for the videoconferencing option.

Can anyone in India tell me where they did their videoconferencing from? I checked the rates at Reliance Webworld and they're pretty steep!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys I had my interview on 28th Nov in Mumbai and have been selected for the assessment day to be held in India on Feb 5th. Very excited :). Hope I can convert

@Sageonaroll-Hey why dont you ask for an interview when they come to India in Feb the only drawback is it might delay any other plans you might be having
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Same here received an invite to assessment day. Kind of a bummer, I was hoping for an admit. This pushes the decision date by almost 2 months :? .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yah its kind of a bummer , but what I heard is that if you are called for the assessment day it pretty much means that you are through ,anyway fingers crossed lets see what happens
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I did attend the open day on December 16th. Had a fabulous time. IESE scored major points in my book.

Dan340iel wrote:
Hi all, I got accepted into the IESE Young Talent Program back in 2010 and have been pre-admitted to the MBA with start date in the fall of 2012.

Pixaar, if possible/reasonable (e.g. considering cost to travel), I would always aim for a personal encounter. Skype is nice and I am sure one can bring his arguments/motivation across, but the personal encounter always adds an additional layer to the whole process. Plus, in case your assessment day is on campus (?), you could combine your stay with a class visit or connecting to current students, which is great! When I had my interview, IESE arranged for lunch with 3 current students from my country, which was great to ask different types of questions. Unfortunately, I could not participate in a class since I had my interview just after lecture period had ended.

Good luck everyone for the interview/assessment day! :)

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Victoria, How much time did they give you to reply to the offer and submit your deposit? I hope you manage to find your way out of this pickle :) Good luck!

victorialg wrote:
Got an admit today- very excited. Anyone else? I'm trying to figure out how to make a decision, since the deposit is due before I'll hear back from other schools in the US!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I finally got the invite for interview and to join the facebook group...how many of you have joined this group?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am there! The adcom is active there. Good luck for your interview. Are you going to Barcelona?

longbyte75 wrote:
I finally got the invite for interview and to join the facebook group...how many of you have joined this group?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got my admit today. I had applied for the November 7 deadline and had my interview on December 16 with the Open Day. No Assessment Day required. Admitted folks - have you heard anything about scholarships?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys,

New to this forum. Congratulations to the all who are already admitted to the program.

I have also applied to IESE in the Nov 7 deadline and got an interview for mid Jan. I need to reserve a video conference center for the same. Can someone please help me with this?

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks
Bschaspire
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.77
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
pixaar wrote:
Hi Victoria, How much time did they give you to reply to the offer and submit your deposit? I hope you manage to find your way out of this pickle :) Good luck!

victorialg wrote:
Got an admit today- very excited. Anyone else? I'm trying to figure out how to make a decision, since the deposit is due before I'll hear back from other schools in the US!

Hey Pixaar, they gave me one month. Since my situation is very unique (I'm an independent contractor with a bunch of clients and I need to discuss things with them), IESE was gracious in giving me an extension. I have a couple more weeks to figure things out. I'm still waiting on MIT Sloan but they don't post decisions until February 4, so I might just have to take a leap of faith!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck for your interview. I went for Open Day on December 16th.
No experience with VC but if you check previous year's thread, you will find some good suggestions.
But if you have the means, I would really encourage you to interview in person.
For me personally, it was good to put faces to names and give the personal touch to my interviews.
I met all the members of the adcom and when I got my final decision, 3 of them sent me separate emails to congratulate and welcome to the class.
I am now ditching Tuck for IESE.

bschaspire wrote:
Hey Guys,

New to this forum. Congratulations to the all who are already admitted to the program.

I have also applied to IESE in the Nov 7 deadline and got an interview for mid Jan. I need to reserve a video conference center for the same. Can someone please help me with this?

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks
Bschaspire

Originally posted by pixaar on 22 Dec 2011, 02:32.
Last edited by pixaar on 22 Dec 2011, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here. They gave me a month.
I already had an admit from Tuck but I am going to IESE.
Good luck for MIT.

victorialg wrote:
pixaar wrote:

victorialg wrote:

Hey Pixaar, they gave me one month. Since my situation is very unique (I'm an independent contractor with a bunch of clients and I need to discuss things with them), IESE was gracious in giving me an extension. I have a couple more weeks to figure things out. I'm still waiting on MIT Sloan but they don't post decisions until February 4, so I might just have to take a leap of faith!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Pixar,

I spoke to Reliance Web World (India). They do provide VC service but looks pretty expensive. Also, as much as I would like to meet the Adcom in person, travelling to Barcelona might not be feasible at this stage. So that leaves VC as the next best option.

Your post brings and interesting point though. Tuck seems an excellent brand in business education. Would you mind sharing what prompts you to prefer IESE over Tuck? I am in a similar boat though my US option is not as prestigious as Tuck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Send PM
any one who applied in R4 ( Dec 5th ) got an invite as of today ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Send PM
IESE is coming back from holidays from today....... So remaining guys who applied in R4 can start expecting their calls from tomm I suppose.......fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.91
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
i applied to R4(december 5th) but am still waiting for any kind of communication from the college!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts