Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:32 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Did anyone get an email from the Admissions Office titled "Thank You for Participating in the Team-Based Discussion"? I got one at 4 PM ET.

It also contains some information about the financial aid. I wonder whether this is a positive sign...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
exoniensis wrote:
Did anyone get an email from the Admissions Office titled "Thank You for Participating in the Team-Based Discussion"? I got one at 4 PM ET.

It also contains some information about the financial aid. I wonder whether this is a positive sign...

i believe everyone gets this email a certain # of days after their interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
igzolt wrote:
exoniensis wrote:

i believe everyone gets this email a certain # of days after their interview.

But I do know someone who got the email 3-4 days after interview while I had been waiting for 2 weeks to get it. So maybe there is some certain sequences that admins sending out emails.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DreamerfromPQ wrote:
1. How long have you known the applicant and describe your relationship to the applicant?
2. Provide an example of constructive feedback you have provided to the applicant. How did the applicant receive this feedback and what efforts did the applicant make to address the concern?
3. Please provide an example of a time when the applicant was particularly successful at interacting with others in a team (employees, peers, managers, etc.)? How does the applicant compare to his/her peers in this dimension?
4. How has the applicant’s career progressed and what sets them apart from their peers?
5. Is there anything else about this applicant that you would like us to know? (Optional)

Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
For those of you interested in Entrepreneurship at Wharton, check out their online chat today at 5 PM ET:
https://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/blo ... rship.aspx

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wow very nice building!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Did anyone else get that email about financing options today? I thought that was a bit strange to send out prior to any decisions actually being made.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
u0422811 wrote:
Did anyone else get that email about financing options today? I thought that was a bit strange to send out prior to any decisions actually being made.

Nothing here.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
u0422811 wrote:

I think everyone who interviews gets that email a few days after it's complete. Who knows, though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
u0422811 wrote:

I got it a few days ago. Apparently, this is common practice for the Wharton adcom.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51458 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
New blog post from Admissions talking about R1's team-based interviews. No new news really ... just good luck to those who interviewed. You'll find out in 20 (short?) days!

The brisk air, “wintry mix” weather earlier this week, and twinkling holiday lights hung high in the trees lining Locust Walk are all reminders that December is just around the corner. And with the approach of the holidays, comes another important milestone as our Round One process nears its conclusion. We know your calendars are marked, but as a reminder, Round One decisions will be released on Thursday, December 20. Over the next few weeks, the Admissions team will be reviewing your applications in their entirety, adding insights gleaned during the team based discussion and 1:1 interviews to what you shared with us in your written applications.

As we wrap up our interviews this week, I wanted to thank all of our applicants for coming to meet with us on campus and in cities across the globe. The Admissions Fellows and our Admissions team have all thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to get to meet you, chat with you and see you in action as part of the team based discussion.

In sharing our experiences across the Admissions team and the Admissions Fellows, it’s clear the team based discussion has been even more successful than we imagined. Despite the natural trepidation that comes with any change (especially to an admissions process!) we have heard resounding positive feedback from you, our applicants, about your experience. Among the themes we have heard from you are that you not only enjoyed the exercise and opportunity to experience firsthand what team work at Wharton is like, you also relished in the opportunity to meet and connect with each other, your potential future classmates.

It was wonderful to observe our candidates connecting with one other – both inside and outside of the team based discussion. We saw you exchange contact information for future business endeavors, continue to discuss the question posed to your team far after the exercise came to a close, and we noticed a few groups that headed out for celebratory dinner or drinks after the interview was complete. The most heartwarming part for us was to see how much you invested in and supported one other; waiting for everyone in your group to be done, high fiving each other, laughing together, this is the true hallmark of Wharton’s culture of collaboration and something we look forward to your bringing to the program.

It was also interesting for us to see you in “3-D” and peek into how you are in your everyday professional lives. Each of you brought something different to your teams, in your specific ideas, your thoughtfulness in your approach, your challenging and pushing of the thinking of your teammates and their ideas. No two teams were alike in the conclusion they drew, or the process by which they came to a conclusion. Whether it was discussing business’ role in making the world a better place or debating the most critical skills for successful leadership, your perspectives and brainstorms gave us food for thought. We hope that Wharton is a place where you can further explore ideas such as how the business community can better support environmental sustainability, educational attainment, and closing the gap in wealth disparity or how effective communication, adaptive leadership, and having a “playbook” for approaching strategy decisions would help you post-MBA.

Thank you all again for taking this ride with us. We truly appreciate the energy and enthusiasm that each of our candidates brought to the interview process and we look forward to being in touch in a few short weeks.

Source: https://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/blo ... ssion.aspx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: HBS '15 (D)
GPA: 3.98
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi all,

for those who had their TBD and one-to-one interviews in London - can you share/PM to me the name of the interviewer please?
I have to contact her for an administrative stuff and it's difficult to find it out...

thanks a lot
MMF
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 2.96
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hello, I would really appreciate the expert/peer opinion on this:

I am applying to Booth and Wharton in R2 - both require 2 recommendations. I am an entrepreneur in a brick and mortar business with a total 10 years of work experience, the last 5 of which were spent starting and growing my business successfully. Prior to that, I worked as an IT management consultant with a well-known firm.

I have the option of choosing 1) My Auditor/Financial adviser/mentor from my current business, 2) A senior customer representative from my current business or 3) My Practice partner from my previous consulting job as my recommenders. I am planning to choose the first 2, but that makes my application pretty uni-dimensional as my essays also focus on my business venture. My practice partner from consulting can bring a different perspective on my managerial/leadership skills (examples of my leading teams internationally across different countries). On the other hand, if I choose the partner from my previous job, it makes the recommendation content 5 years old. That makes the recommendation's current relevance questionable.

So, I am pondering over whom to choose as my recommenders. Would be grateful for your inputs.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I think (though I am not an expert), I would like to see what someone who managed you in a big firm will say about you. I don't think a recommendation from "My Auditor/Financial adviser/mentor from my current business" is a good one because he is an invested party and someone you have paid to be an advisor/ auditor and mentors you and not really a supervisor or third-party.
I think it also depends on your goals. if your goal is to go work at a firm (IBD/Consulting/Corporate) then your manager might be a good choice.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
theblueknight wrote:
Hello, I would really appreciate the expert/peer opinion on this:

I am applying to Booth and Wharton in R2 - both require 2 recommendations. I am an entrepreneur in a brick and mortar business with a total 10 years of work experience, the last 5 of which were spent starting and growing my business successfully. Prior to that, I worked as an IT management consultant with a well-known firm.

I have the option of choosing 1) My Auditor/Financial adviser/mentor from my current business, 2) A senior customer representative from my current business or 3) My Practice partner from my previous consulting job as my recommenders. I am planning to choose the first 2, but that makes my application pretty uni-dimensional as my essays also focus on my business venture. My practice partner from consulting can bring a different perspective on my managerial/leadership skills (examples of my leading teams internationally across different countries). On the other hand, if I choose the partner from my previous job, it makes the recommendation content 5 years old. That makes the recommendation's current relevance questionable.

So, I am pondering over whom to choose as my recommenders. Would be grateful for your inputs.

Thanks.

That's a tough one. I am very wary of using recommenders (or stories) that are more than 5 years old. It has been a pretty long time since the practice partner has worked with you. To put this into context, there was a totally different person in the White House when you two worked together. An adcom may wonder if his experiences with you are still relevant to who you are today. On the other hand he does offer a different perspective than two people from your business. Could you ask a competitor to do a recommendation for you? That would be unique and relevant.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wharton is hosting Coffee Chats around the world this winter. Meet some current students and mingle with other applicants & R1 acceptees.

For more information and to register:
https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... events.cfm
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts