Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 17:23 It is currently 08 May 2024, 17:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone have a guess as to when we will start hearing results. The wait is making me go crazy :(.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
I'm trying to just assume the 17th... no point in being anxious for a full 2 weeks. :-/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
elbie wrote:
I'm trying to just assume the 17th... no point in being anxious for a full 2 weeks. :-/

Amen. Anxiety is contagious. Let's all turn down the dial!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Admits will not start coming out before 12th December, as per the last year thread. Yet 17th is not far away, better to wait for the last day :)
Got a phone interview invite, round I applicant. Any new round-I invites here?

Originally posted by adivik on 05 Dec 2012, 06:00.
Last edited by adivik on 05 Dec 2012, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Adivik when did you get the invite?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Kellogg
 Q50  V20 GMAT 2: 580  Q49  V20 GMAT 3: 710  Q50  V35
GPA: 3.39
WE 1: Project Engineer (1yr)
WE 2: Analyst(3 yrs)
Send PM
elbie wrote:

From my experience, it could start next monday. Good luck guys.
Intern
Intern
Status:GMAT date booked, Drafting essays, University Shortlisting
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Fuqua '14
GMAT Date: 09-09-2011
WE:Other (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I finished part 1 application two days ago: Prior to the Round 2, Part 1 deadline. I haven't even started Part 2 yet. But, I have requested for an off-campus interview. When can I expect them to let me know if the interview has been waived or not?
<Going crazy with essays! :-|>
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
One of my recommenders didn't give me great makes on the evaluation form for McCombs so I reached out to a third recommender last minute to off that with a stellar recommendation. I decided to delete him from my Kellogg application since his letter and evaluation form hasn't gone in yet. Does anyone know if he will be notified of being deleted or will he just not be able to access the site anymore?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
swgator13 wrote:
One of my recommenders didn't give me great makes on the evaluation form for McCombs so I reached out to a third recommender last minute to off that with a stellar recommendation. I decided to delete him from my Kellogg application since his letter and evaluation form hasn't gone in yet. Does anyone know if he will be notified of being deleted or will he just not be able to access the site anymore?

I had to remove a recommender from an application because I thought I had not waived my right to examine my recommendation. I know my recommender got an email saying my request for a recommendation has been canceled. Also, that school (Wharton) uses the same clunky online software as Kellogg, so I'd expect your recommender will get a similar email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
swgator13 wrote:

I had to remove a recommender from an application because I thought I had not waived my right to examine my recommendation. I know my recommender got an email saying my request for a recommendation has been canceled. Also, that school (Wharton) uses the same clunky online software as Kellogg, so I'd expect your recommender will get a similar email.

Ok, thanks. I guess he'd find out out some point anyway. I just found it odd I told him to hold off on submitting the others (until I figured out a nice way to ask him not to) an then the very next day Kellogg's website said he has started the letter. I thought I better beat him to the punch:p
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Is not waiving your right to access the reco a bad thing? I never waived my right for any school

Director
Director
Send PM
VibhaVKM wrote:
Is not waiving your right to access the reco a bad thing? I never waived my right for any school

I've heard that it conveys a lack of confidence in one's recommenders, but that may just be hearsay. Personally, I trust my recommenders unequivocally and did not want to take any unnecessary risks by failing to waive my right to review the recs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
VibhaVKM wrote:

I've heard that it conveys a lack of confidence in one's recommenders, but that may just be hearsay. Personally, I trust my recommenders unequivocally and did not want to take any unnecessary risks by failing to waive my right to review the recs.

I didn't waive me right on them. I couldn't see it before it went in or even now after it went in so I don't see how you would look bad to the adcoms since you aren't giving it the OK before the school sees it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
swgator13 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
VibhaVKM wrote:

I didn't waive me right on them. I couldn't see it before it went in or even now after it went in so I don't see how you would look bad to the adcoms since you aren't giving it the OK before the school sees it.

Even if the letter is only available after submission, the writer can have a different attitude when he / she is aware that the applicant will eventually get to read what the writer wrote. In my point of view, this is similar to feedback systems that are common in many industries and firms. When you seek feedback from your colleagues, (whether it's upstream or downstream) people who give feedback have potential to be not as honest when the system is not anonymous.
Director
Director
Send PM
redpringles wrote:

Even if the letter is only available after submission, the writer can have a different attitude when he / she is aware that the applicant will eventually get to read what the writer wrote. In my point of view, this is similar to feedback systems that are common in many industries and firms. When you seek feedback from your colleagues, (whether it's upstream or downstream) people who give feedback have potential to be not as honest when the system is not anonymous.

This was my thought process. Also, trying to put myself in the adcom's shoes, why would you want/need to see the recommendation if you know it will be positive? Again, this probably isn't a make-or-break thing, but I did not want that data point going against me.
Intern
Intern
Status:GMAT date booked, Drafting essays, University Shortlisting
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Fuqua '14
GMAT Date: 09-09-2011
WE:Other (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I finished part 1 application, prior to the Round 2, Part 1 deadline. I haven't even started Part 2 yet. But, I have requested for an off-campus interview. When can I expect them to let me know if the interview has been waived or not? Or should I submit Part 2 of the application as well?
<Going crazy with essays! :-|>
2nd try
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
swgator13 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
VibhaVKM wrote:

The recommender can see whether you've waived the right to see what they write. If they know you'll see what they're writing, that will - in many cases - influence how they write the letter and it takes away some of the credibility in the mind of the adcom. Or so I've been told.

Of course not waiving your right probably won't make much difference to the final decision. But at the same time if you trust your recommenders why wouldn't you waive your right? Not doing so just means the adcom has to swallow it with a small grain of salt.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts