Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Aximili85 wrote:
Dakells wrote:
Aximili85 wrote:
Hello all, ironically as I received an admit from INSEAD and Ross, Kellogg took me off its waitlist and gave me admission. I'm almost certain I will go with INSEAD, and am not even waiting for LBS' final decision. Going to write to Kellogg tonight to withdraw my admit.

Take care all and I wish you the best of luck with this process that takes so much out of you.

Congrats Aximili! I'm assuming you heard of your acceptance at Kellogg on the 11th?

Hi Dakells, I'm travelling in the US currently so don't have access to office email (where Kellogg sent the update), I asked a colleague to check for any important work updates and they're like "oh btw you have an acceptance note from Kellogg". I'll send an email asking what the date was and let you know.

A hearty congrats. If int'l programs were an option for me, I would have no doubt applied to INSEAD - such an amazing program! They have a unique exchange partnership with Kellogg so if I get into Kellogg, I'll get my INSEAD on that way for a couple months. Perhaps you can be my exchange and get a taste of Kellogg #gettingaheadofmyselfwhatwhat.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
1 day after I confirmed INSEAD, I received an email from a German partner in McKinsey who connected me with a Senior Recruiter within the firm to ease my return if I choose. I'm a Research Analyst, not Business, so its harder to return. This is more than I deserve to be frank. Not sharing that with anybody in school though =)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ha! Looks like things are really looking good for you! Awesome! Best of luck at INSEAD! Now let's hope Kellogg replaces your acceptance with someone else on the waitlist...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Send PM
I wish you all the best and I hope you get the school of your choice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Hi all- round 2-er here who was added to the waitlist this morning. I'm sure there's a bunch of us who will be joining you on this thread over the course of today. Part of me is kind of bummed, but I know that this is better than a ding. Reading through your earlier posts has helped me prepare for what's to come.

Here's a question that totally falls into the "counting my chickens before they're hatched" bucket: anyone know when the remaining DAKs are? I feel like I haven't been able to spend as much "quality time" with Kellogg as I would have liked, and as I have with other schools, and I feel like Kellogg could very well be my first choice. It would be heartbreaking to miss the DAK experience, if I'm fortunate enough to get an eventual acceptance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAtLast wrote:
Hi all- round 2-er here who was added to the waitlist this morning. I'm sure there's a bunch of us who will be joining you on this thread over the course of today. Part of me is kind of bummed, but I know that this is better than a ding. Reading through your earlier posts has helped me prepare for what's to come.

Here's a question that totally falls into the "counting my chickens before they're hatched" bucket: anyone know when the remaining DAKs are? I feel like I haven't been able to spend as much "quality time" with Kellogg as I would have liked, and as I have with other schools, and I feel like Kellogg could very well be my first choice. It would be heartbreaking to miss the DAK experience, if I'm fortunate enough to get an eventual acceptance.

Hi MBAtLast! Welcome to the club! As far as I know, the only remaining DAK is April 19-20, so unfortunately I imagine you won't be hearing anything before then. Not sure if your communication dates are the same as ours, but our next date is April 16th, not a lot of time before the wknd, ha! Good luck, looks like you've got an awesome admit though in the event things don't work out at kellogg!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
MBAtLast wrote:

Hi MBAtLast! Welcome to the club! As far as I know, the only remaining DAK is April 19-20, so unfortunately I imagine you won't be hearing anything before then. Not sure if your communication dates are the same as ours, but our next date is April 16th, not a lot of time before the wknd, ha! Good luck, looks like you've got an awesome admit though in the event things don't work out at kellogg!

Thanks! Yeah, it's a quandry, but you're right: for now at least I'm going somewhere! We were also told that the next update date is April 16th. From reading through the posts, it sounds like maybe people did hear earlier than the status update dates for R1? Or did I read that incorrectly?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hi all, along with MBAtLast I am a new joiner from R2. Very helpful reading the early posts in this forum.

I'm hoping that the right answer on April 16th would mean we get to go to DAK!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Feel a bit late to the party, but here I am, on the Kellogg WL as an R2 Applicant. Looks like the chances of getting off the WL are very small, and require very active management to induce movement. Congrats to all those that have clawed their way off of the WL! Reading your posts carefully...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAtLast wrote:
Dakells wrote:
MBAtLast wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, it's a quandry, but you're right: for now at least I'm going somewhere! We were also told that the next update date is April 16th. From reading through the posts, it sounds like maybe people did hear earlier than the status update dates for R1? Or did I read that incorrectly?

Hmm, I don't recall anyone hearing earlier, there might have been one person who found out like the night before, but I don't remember anyone hearing days or weeks before, could be wrong though. Off the top of my head, on GMAT Club, only about 4 people have said they were accepted off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
R2 WL here. Sup guys...

<walks around the room, gives dap to everyone>

Not really hanging my head too much. With the self-initiated interview, you really have NO indication as to what they actually think about your application. So I guess in a sense it's good to know you're at least in the game. There's something to be said for knowing that you're not on the other end of the spectrum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I am also in... Just to check whether the following is true: If I send no updates to Kellogg in the following month, I will not be accepted almost for sure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
darkdoug wrote:
I am also in... Just to check whether the following is true: If I send no updates to Kellogg in the following month, I will not be accepted almost for sure.

I don't think so.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
rainfall wrote:
darkdoug wrote:

I don't think so.

There is probably an upper limit to the number of times you can respond with the same generic 'I did XXX this month' type of updates. I will likely send a short email reiterating my interest, but I have no update that would actually add value to my application. I would suspect that this is true of most of us.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
rainfall wrote:
darkdoug wrote:

I don't think so.

There is probably an upper limit to the number of times you can respond with the same generic 'I did XXX this month' type of updates. I will likely send a short email reiterating my interest, but I have no update that would actually add value to my application. I would suspect that this is true of most of us.

Agreed. I definitely don't have anything of value to update so probably won't send anything. I actually think as long as you contact your WL manager and express your interest, even if you don't send an update you could still get in. If they like you and you fit the profile of whatever they're looking for, they're not going to not take you because you didn't send in an update. Especially if you're round 2 and applied more recently.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi All,

Just found this topic, and unfortunately, I got waitlisted at Kellogg in Rd 2. Has anyone from round 2 contacted their waitlist managers yet? I recently got a promotion and would like to update the adcom. Is this the type of information they want updates on? Should I be detailing the projects I am working on in my new role and the number of direct reports I now have?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Hi All,

Just found this topic, and unfortunately, I got waitlisted at Kellogg in Rd 2. Has anyone from round 2 contacted their waitlist managers yet? I recently got a promotion and would like to update the adcom. Is this the type of information they want updates on? Should I be detailing the projects I am working on in my new role and the number of direct reports I now have?

Thanks for your help in advance!

According to the FAQs on the site, we're not supposed to contact our waitlist managers until April 1. But yes, I think that would be the kind of update they would look for.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts