Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
rjdunn03 wrote:
You're welcome! I understand that. I was talking to a student during my visit who said her learning team meets 2 to 3 hours a night. I was thinking to myself that that would probably feel like a waste of time if you already understand the days cases. Especially in light of everything else you could be doing.

It's hard to say if all groups meet for that long though.

When I visited Darden, the students leading the tour also said they met with their learning teams 2-3 hours a night. I suspect its fairly standard.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
WE:Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Congrats to the R3 admits! I wonder if they are really going to trickle them out for a whole week.

In other news, these Preview Weekend "optional" happy hours sound great. Some of these bars will be really nice to get free drinks in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Congrats to all the R3 applicants who got in! For those who haven't heard yet, keep the faith. I bet there will be more calls and emails that go out next week.

I received my acceptance email yesterday while at another school's "welcome day." That school was my safety so it was really hard not to just get up and walk out the room after hearing good news from mccombs.

I won't be able to make it to Austin on April 4-6, but I've already visited campus and know the program fairly well. Now it comes down to cost/scholarship... I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Silly question ik...but did they send emails on Saturdays and Sundays on the previous rounds?

Or do we need to wait until Monday as it's sent manually?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AlonZ wrote:
Silly question ik...but did they send emails on Saturdays and Sundays on the previous rounds?

Hi Alonzo, I'm very sorry but I believe they only sent out acceptances during the work week. I believe round 1 they started releasing acceptances thurs and friday of the week before the deadline. Then nothing over the weekend. They then released the rest throughout the following week.

Also, most of the acceptances are phone calls I believe. Though some tend to be e-mails.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
AlonZ wrote:

Hi Alonzo, I'm very sorry but I believe they only sent out acceptances during the work week. I believe round 1 they started releasing acceptances thurs and friday of the week before the deadline. Then nothing over the weekend. They then released the rest throughout the following week.

Also, most of the acceptances are phone calls I believe. Though some tend to be e-mails.

Does that apply to international students or ones that are outside of the US too?

Can anyone international student testify?

:-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AlonZ wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
AlonZ wrote:

Does that apply to international students or ones that are outside of the US too?

Can anyone international student testify?

:-)

Well no international students posted that they were accepted on the weekend so I'd assume so.

If you are asking about calls vs e-mails I'm not sure. I am domestic and received a call. Not sure how international students were notified.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Any indian/internationals got accepted in Round3?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
chdheeraj1 wrote:
Any indian/internationals got accepted in Round3?

I am permanent resident currently abroad so I might be considered sort of international and I have received admit email. Also in that email they say that I will receive a phone call next week. So I suppose phone call applys to internationals also.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GRE 1: Q164 V159
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

Here is thread for admitted students for class of 2015. Please join who are coming to McCombs.

admitted-to-ut-austin-mccombs-class-of-2015-thread-149715.html

Thanks and Regards,
Namrta
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks narmtra
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
kasonhills wrote:
Got another e-mail about the preview weekend. there was a survey about a class on friday now. i hope they do one because i'm getting in kinda late on thursday so i wont be able to go to a class then.

The class on Friday is a mock class discussion. This is a chance to get to interact with one of our great professors and better understand they type of materials that would be discussed in a real class. Unfortunately actual class visits can only be offerred on Thursday as McCombs does not conduct class on Fridays.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
McCombsStudent wrote:
kasonhills wrote:
Got another e-mail about the preview weekend. there was a survey about a class on friday now. i hope they do one because i'm getting in kinda late on thursday so i wont be able to go to a class then.

The class on Friday is a mock class discussion. This is a chance to get to interact with one of our great professors and better understand they type of materials that would be discussed in a real class. Unfortunately actual class visits can only be offerred on Thursday as McCombs does not conduct class on Fridays.

Thank you for the clarification.

What usually goes on on fridays? I think I remember reading that interviews are often scheduled for fridays, are there other activities on campus for MBA students on Fridays, or is it mostly just a study day.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
AlonZ wrote:

By saying "They then released the rest throughout the following week" you mean the acceptances and denials or denials only? :cry:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AlonZ wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
AlonZ wrote:

By saying "They then released the rest throughout the following week" you mean the acceptances and denials or denials only? :cry:

hi alonzo. i'm sure they will release acceptances throughout this week. all rejections will be posted on friday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Has anybody else from the R2 waitlist done the video interview yet? If so, what are the questions that were asked; are they the same as people previously reported? It doesn't look like I can see the questions until I start the interview and you only get one shot at it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
As an asian applicant of 3rd round, is there anyone who received the acceptance email? I have no email or call from mccombs. It means that there no possibility of acceptance.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts