Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 06:47 It is currently 03 May 2024, 06:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Guys,
I finally got the call just now! This forum has been so supportive ... I've been refreshing the page every 2 minutes for the last 2 days! I look forward to meeting the class mates soon!

My Profile: GMAT: 750 (50Q, 41V), Indian Male, 29, Product Management, Telecom Industry.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
aim4mba2012 wrote:
Looks like nobody has received calls yet? Does anybody know when the status changes to WL/D?

Well, either they are done with all the calls yesterday or they will start calling the rest of us later today! They should find a faster way of passing on the good/bad news from next year. This sucks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
riskall wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:
on the same lines... any suggestions for books we should definitely refer to while preparing for GMAT? i know gmatclub has a lot of threads where folks are very active while preparing for GMAT...

Speeding it's a little too early to give up hope, no? :)
Even in the worst-case if you continue to be on WL it's clearly not over for you.
Also with a 700 on the GMAT I think you are good on that front.

I agree with "riskball"... you shouldn't lose hope. I really think you have a chance.. hang it there
Intern
Intern
Send PM
testuser1122 wrote:
Guys,
I finally got the call just now! This forum has been so supportive ... I've been refreshing the page every 2 minutes for the last 2 days! I look forward to meeting the class mates soon!

My Profile: GMAT: 750 (50Q, 41V), Indian Male, 29, Product Management, Telecom Industry.

Congrats testuser. How many years of experience do you have?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
MoEWMBA16 wrote:
That's what I found out too.. your GMAT score is very important.. I think I'll take some kaplan classes this summer.. anybody has any suggestions on how to "study" for the GMAT.. I did it on my own last year, but obviously i didn't do as good as you all... so maybe I need to take some of those classes to get faster...

Shoot for a 700. Haas appears to be slowly increasing the avg GMAT for the EWMBA program in an attempt to get over 700. While it's not the only thing they look at, it's still an important hurdle to jump over.

I've found the Manhattan GMAT books, the official guides, and grockit.com to be a great combination for studying by myself.

I agree with Packet. Also, from what I have gathered, I don't think Kaplan classes are a good idea. I've heard from a few people that their standard is sub-par. I once heard from a friend of mine that an instructor there argued that there are such things called "negative prime numbers" -- not kidding. I believe MGMAT study guides/classes are the way to go. That along with official guides should suffice to take you past the 700 mark.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
Kenny0929 wrote:
aim4mba2012 wrote:
Looks like nobody has received calls yet? Does anybody know when the status changes to WL/D?

Well, either they are done with all the calls yesterday or they will start calling the rest of us later today! They should find a faster way of passing on the good/bad news from next year. This sucks!

Mine is still "under review"... thou I'm not waiting for good news...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
MoEWMBA16 wrote:
That's what I found out too.. your GMAT score is very important.. I think I'll take some kaplan classes this summer.. anybody has any suggestions on how to "study" for the GMAT.. I did it on my own last year, but obviously i didn't do as good as you all... so maybe I need to take some of those classes to get faster...

Shoot for a 700. Haas appears to be slowly increasing the avg GMAT for the EWMBA program in an attempt to get over 700. While it's not the only thing they look at, it's still an important hurdle to jump over.

I've found the Manhattan GMAT books, the official guides, and grockit.com to be a great combination for studying by myself.

I actually dedicated a full month to 2 sources: OG12 and Knewton. I found that using a few good sources helped me stay focused. I also subscribed to GMATClub's problem of the day e-mails and found them helpful.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
aim4mba2012 wrote:
testuser1122 wrote:
Guys,

6.5 Years (2 years in Product Management and the remaining in software development)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
testuser1122 wrote:
aim4mba2012 wrote:
testuser1122 wrote:
Guys,

6.5 Years (2 years in Product Management and the remaining in software development)

Congrats testuser!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
MoEWMBA16 wrote:
riskall wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:
on the same lines... any suggestions for books we should definitely refer to while preparing for GMAT? i know gmatclub has a lot of threads where folks are very active while preparing for GMAT...

Speeding it's a little too early to give up hope, no? :)
Even in the worst-case if you continue to be on WL it's clearly not over for you.
Also with a 700 on the GMAT I think you are good on that front.

I agree with "riskball"... you shouldn't lose hope. I really think you have a chance.. hang it there

Well... There is still some time left for them to get done with all the admit calls and rest of the results...
But here is the thing. With so many guys reporting about their admits, I am guessing each admit reported on this thread equates to 8 admits that are sent out (going by this thread's stats).
So by that rule, almost 120-130 admits have been handed out so far (since almost 13-15 folks have reported getting calls)
And I don't think I stand much of a chance being in the low 700s (for an Indian software guy)... :)
But guys, thanks for all your encouragement so far! It really means a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
speedingdaemon wrote:

I took an online course by Manhattan. I thought the instructors were great and the guided homework really helped me guide my studies. They also offer a ton of bonus classes / materials to help you with your essays, interviews, school specific information, etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Nyx303 wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:

I took an online course by Manhattan. I thought the instructors were great and the guided homework really helped me guide my studies. They also offer a ton of bonus classes / materials to help you with your essays, interviews, school specific information, etc.

I did self study. Don't lose hope...Try a prep course; it will provide you with the right motivation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I'm not sure about the decision-making stage. I wonder they made the final decisions earlier and have just been notifying since yesterday, or are they actually doing both simultaneously since yesterday? If it's the latter, the could possibly explain why it is taking time and also why the online status does not change till later this evening.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
kris610 wrote:
I'm not sure about the decision-making stage. I wonder they made the final decisions earlier and have just been notifying since yesterday, or are they actually doing both simultaneously since yesterday? If it's the latter, the could possibly explain why it is taking time and also why the online status does not change till later this evening.

I checked my R1 WL email. It came at 11.17 which is just about time :( I guess it is either ding or WL again for me...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the call, I'm in.

Haas undergrad, 5 years in public accounting/consulting, 680 GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lydia1204 wrote:
Just got the call, I'm in.

Haas undergrad, 5 years in public accounting/consulting, 680 GMAT.

Congrats Lydia1204...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Just got the call... I'm in the weekend cohort! Can't wait to meet you all!

I was interviewed by Ellen and recieved the call from Courtney.

Best of luck to those who are waiting. The phones are still ringing :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts