Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:54 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for the EA round at Tuck and had an inquiry on the interview process. I checked on the FAQs sections of Tuck and it says " No, but they are strongly recommended. Tuck offers all applicants the opportunity to interview on campus in Hanover. Interviews are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so request an interview as soon as you decide to apply. If you have not been able to interview by the deadline, the admissions committee may invite you to interview if they feel it is necessary. Because we cannot invite all applicants to interview, if you would like to guarantee an interview, you should schedule an on-campus interview. Tuck does not conduct student-initiated interviews off campus."

I was a bit concerned about how much impact will it be on my application if I am not able to go for an on-campus interview. Also this seems to be a bit different strategy from lot of other MBAs where-in they provide the option for an off-campus interview for prospective applicants living abroad or Skype interviews. Will be helpful if someone can shed some light on this and possibly if anyone can share their own experience of how it impacts the application if you didn't give an interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
vivekmehta88 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for the EA round at Tuck and had an inquiry on the interview process. I checked on the FAQs sections of Tuck and it says " No, but they are strongly recommended. Tuck offers all applicants the opportunity to interview on campus in Hanover. Interviews are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so request an interview as soon as you decide to apply. If you have not been able to interview by the deadline, the admissions committee may invite you to interview if they feel it is necessary. Because we cannot invite all applicants to interview, if you would like to guarantee an interview, you should schedule an on-campus interview. Tuck does not conduct student-initiated interviews off campus."

I was a bit concerned about how much impact will it be on my application if I am not able to go for an on-campus interview. Also this seems to be a bit different strategy from lot of other MBAs where-in they provide the option for an off-campus interview for prospective applicants living abroad or Skype interviews. Will be helpful if someone can shed some light on this and possibly if anyone can share their own experience of how it impacts the application if you didn't give an interview.

As Dawna Clarke mentions in her P&Q interview, visiting/interviewing on campus is definitely a plus because it shows a sincere interest in the school and allows the applicant's essays to come to life because the applicant is not just speaking in generalities about why he or she likes Tuck, but instead has a concrete experience from which to draw.

That said, plenty of people get into Tuck without ever setting foot on campus. In fact, if Tuck likes your application they can invite you to interview on campus or via Skype, as you alluded other schools do.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
vivekmehta88 wrote:
Hello everyone,

The aforementioned Poets and Quants article
https://poetsandquants.com/2013/08/17/the-mba-gatekeeper-to-dartmouths-tuck-school-of-business/3/

Basically over half the applicant pool visit Tuck and take advantage of the open interview period. Dawna also explicitly states that because they know more about an applicant this way, there is a higher admit rate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
vivekmehta88 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi Vivek,

Glad you asked. I was an International applicant last year and due to prior commitments I couldn't visit Tuck for interviews. If your application is competitive enough, the AdCom will find one or the other ways to get in touch with you. F2F interviews (in your home country) and Skype calls are common for international candidates.

But that being said, if you live and work in the US or nearby countries, its expected that you make use of open interview policy at Tuck. Hope it helps

Cheers
Current Student
Send PM
Just to let everyone know interview slots are available up to 22nd Nov.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Essays written and interview booked for September 18th! Making the 8 hour drive from Toronto.
Director
Director
Send PM
domotron wrote:
Just to let everyone know interview slots are available up to 22nd Nov.

visiting on October 7th. Excited!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi future tuckies. I'm a T'14 and will pop by from time to time to answer questions. Happy applying :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Quick question about sending GMAT score reports. I took the GMAT in 2011 and listed Tuck as a score report recipient during my test day. Will they still have my official score report for this admissions season or do I need to send my official score to Tuck again?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Jamico7 wrote:
Quick question about sending GMAT score reports. I took the GMAT in 2011 and listed Tuck as a score report recipient during my test day. Will they still have my official score report for this admissions season or do I need to send my official score to Tuck again?
You should contact the school about this one. If you never submitted an app, we're not certain they keep the scores past the current admissions season or not, and it also could depend on when specifically in 2011 that you took it. For schools that retain test data it's usually for 2 admissions seasons, so if you tested in early 2011 then it may be purged by now. You need to confirm directly with each school on this one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
Jamico7 wrote:
You should contact the school about this one. If you never submitted an app, we're not certain they keep the scores past the current admissions season or not, and it also could depend on when specifically in 2011 that you took it. For schools that retain test data it's usually for 2 admissions seasons, so if you tested in early 2011 then it may be purged by now. You need to confirm directly with each school on this one.

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Tuck and they quickly responded, stating that they have my GMAT score I sent them on the date I took the exam!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
CMcAboy wrote:
Yes Pallmall, you can interview before submitting your application. This is actually pretty standard as your application asks you if you did a self initiated interview and when it was performed.

They only ask that you send them a resume within 5 days of your interview.

I can't find where they are asking to send a resume in? Do I just send an email to the admissions department?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Send PM
pberry wrote:
CMcAboy wrote:
Yes Pallmall, you can interview before submitting your application. This is actually pretty standard as your application asks you if you did a self initiated interview and when it was performed.

I can't find where they are asking to send a resume in? Do I just send an email to the admissions department?

Thanks!

I was asked to email last time, and I will do the same this time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Had to reschedule my interview for Sept 24th. Hanover Inn was overbooked for that day so I'll be staying at Six South Street.
Before then, I'll be attending the Tuck Reception in Boston on the 19th and tour the area for a few days.
Current Student
Send PM
pberry wrote:
CMcAboy wrote:

Thanks!

All the information for sending a resume in is in the confirmation email you get when you book an interview slot.

I am interviewing on the 3rd October. Beyond excited!
Director
Director
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
pberry wrote:
CMcAboy wrote:

Thanks!

I was asked to email last time, and I will do the same this time.

I emailed mine last year, but was asked to provide a copy on the day of my interview, so you should bring a couple copies.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
As a T15, I second the opinion that you should interview on campus if you live in the US / North America. I didn't and I'm positive it affected the strength of my application. I was lucky that the adcom asked me to interview after I applied and I flew out for the interview then. Tuck is a very unique place in a very unique part of the US. People have an incredibly visceral reaction to meeting the community. You love it or you don't. For me, I know I fell in love in a way that would have made for a completely different application. As it happens, I wasn't admitted right away. I was waitlisted. I'm almost positive that if I had flown out to interview before I submitted my application that I would have been a much stronger applicant and been admitted right away.

Moral of the story: Interview on campus, have a better application, and maybe even avoid the waitlist.

vanishingnerd wrote:
vivekmehta88 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi Vivek,

Glad you asked. I was an International applicant last year and due to prior commitments I couldn't visit Tuck for interviews. If your application is competitive enough, the AdCom will find one or the other ways to get in touch with you. F2F interviews (in your home country) and Skype calls are common for international candidates.

But that being said, if you live and work in the US or nearby countries, its expected that you make use of open interview policy at Tuck. Hope it helps

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts