Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 01:46 It is currently 05 May 2024, 01:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: CBS '15
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]
Hi Admission Team,
I have just started with my application process and want to understand whether I am a fit for Columbia and vice-versa.
Since I am an International candidate, visiting school and attending Info session is not possible.
Could you suggest how can I get in touch with admission committee/ Student body/ any one who can help.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your response. In my application, I will indicate likely future sponsorship in my optional essay and also on the questionnaire about how I expect to pay for business school. However, since I am applying early, I won’t actually receive formal indication of sponsorship before the decision has been rendered. Is this still acceptable?

Thanks again.

ColumbiaMBA wrote:
magsj73 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your help. I am planning to apply ED, and I am currently employed at a company that sponsors MBAs. I noticed that in the application, a note from the company indicating sponsorship is requested. My company makes decisions regarding sponsorship later on in the year, and while it is highly likely that I will be sponsored, sponsorship has not been formally offerred at this time. Given this, what do you suggest that I show on the application?

Thanks again.

Hi magsj73,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the GMATclub forum. Since you are not currently sponsored I suggest putting in the optional essay that you will likely be sponsored at a later date. Once you have your sponsorship letter please e-mail this to us and we can add the letter to you application.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Hello,

My GMAT scores appear 'Verified' rather than 'Self-Reported' in the Columbia online application.

GMAC recently updated the percentiles for the GMAT raw scores, however, my scores still appear with the old percentiles. Do you update the percentiles in your system too or do you consider percentiles received when the test was taken?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,
I was wondering if re-applicants went through the same interview process if they were interviewed but ultimately denied admission on their first application.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Are we able to submit our application before our references have submitted their input? I am finished the application but waiting on my reference to submit later this week.
Send PM
catabell2010 wrote:
Hi Admission Team,
I have just started with my application process and want to understand whether I am a fit for Columbia and vice-versa.
Since I am an International candidate, visiting school and attending Info session is not possible.
Could you suggest how can I get in touch with admission committee/ Student body/ any one who can help.

Regards

Hi catabell2010,

Thank you for your question! Please feel free to reach out to our office via phone (212-854-1961) from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. You do not need an appointment. You may also reach out to us via e-mail (apply@gsb.columbia.edu) and we will be happy to assist you with your questions. You can contact students through our website at https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/programs-a ... ct-student. Keep in mind however we will not be able to evaluate your profile or give you feedback about the likelihood of being admitted.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Send PM
magsj73 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your response. In my application, I will indicate likely future sponsorship in my optional essay and also on the questionnaire about how I expect to pay for business school. However, since I am applying early, I won’t actually receive formal indication of sponsorship before the decision has been rendered. Is this still acceptable?

Thanks again.

ColumbiaMBA wrote:
magsj73 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your help. I am planning to apply ED, and I am currently employed at a company that sponsors MBAs. I noticed that in the application, a note from the company indicating sponsorship is requested. My company makes decisions regarding sponsorship later on in the year, and while it is highly likely that I will be sponsored, sponsorship has not been formally offerred at this time. Given this, what do you suggest that I show on the application?

Thanks again.

Hi magsj73,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the GMATclub forum. Since you are not currently sponsored I suggest putting in the optional essay that you will likely be sponsored at a later date. Once you have your sponsorship letter please e-mail this to us and we can add the letter to you application.

Best of luck!

Hi magsj73,

I recommended explaining this in the application even if you will receive a decision on your admission before your receive a final decision on your sponsorship.

Best of luck,
Send PM
yonderworld wrote:
Hello,

My GMAT scores appear 'Verified' rather than 'Self-Reported' in the Columbia online application.

GMAC recently updated the percentiles for the GMAT raw scores, however, my scores still appear with the old percentiles. Do you update the percentiles in your system too or do you consider percentiles received when the test was taken?

Hi yonderworld,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this forum! Please feel free to pass along your updated scores and we can add those to your application.

Regards,
Send PM
AH202 wrote:
Are we able to submit our application before our references have submitted their input? I am finished the application but waiting on my reference to submit later this week.

Hi AH202,

Thank you for your question! It is best to wait until your recommenders submit as we will not be able to review your application until it is complete, which includes your recommendations.

Best of luck,
Send PM
mbahelp wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if re-applicants went through the same interview process if they were interviewed but ultimately denied admission on their first application.
Thanks!

Hi mbahelp,

Thank you for your question. Reapplicants can be interviewed again during the process, but we will not necessarily interview all reapplicants who were interviewed a first time.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
yonderworld wrote:
Hello,

Hi yonderworld,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this forum! Please feel free to pass along your updated scores and we can add those to your application.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply Matthew. I have another question.

I understand that re-applicants are required to only submit the re-applicant essay and one additional recommendation. Is that necessarily restrictive or can I submit all essays and all recommendations again if I wish to? Columbia was the first school that I applied to last year and I dint put forward my story in the best possible way through my essays. Submitting all essays again will hopefully help me strengthen my application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Can you provide us with a breakdown of what % of a typical accepted class is ED?
Send PM
AH202 wrote:
Can you provide us with a breakdown of what % of a typical accepted class is ED?

Hi AH202,

Thank you for your question. We do not publish these statistics, but I can tell you that we do not have a specific quota for ED or RD.

Best of luck!
Send PM
yonderworld wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
yonderworld wrote:
Hello,

Hi yonderworld,

Regards,

I understand that re-applicants are required to only submit the re-applicant essay and one additional recommendation. Is that necessarily restrictive or can I submit all essays and all recommendations again if I wish to? Columbia was the first school that I applied to last year and I dint put forward my story in the best possible way through my essays. Submitting all essays again will hopefully help me strengthen my application.

Hi yonderworld,

You are welcome to submit more, but we only require updates and the pieces you mentioned. Please feel free to submit additional information as you see fit.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
yonderworld wrote:

Hi yonderworld,

You are welcome to submit more, but we only require updates and the pieces you mentioned. Please feel free to submit additional information as you see fit.

Best of luck,

So submitting all essays & recommendations again even though they are not required will not be taken negatively by the Adcom? Would you like me to explain that in the optional essay?
Send PM
yonderworld wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
yonderworld wrote:

Hi yonderworld,

Best of luck,

So submitting all essays & recommendations again even though they are not required will not be taken negatively by the Adcom? Would you like me to explain that in the optional essay?

Hi yonderworld,

You are welcome to submit additional information. It is not necessary, but it will not be received negatively.

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Good Morning,

I have a quick question regarding the application. Under the employment section, I'm in project management so have extensive experience supervising a number of people but technically do no have any one that reports to me. What to you recommend putting in the Direct/Indirect reports field?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts