Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]
leopold wrote:
Hi,

I submitted my ED application on August 4th. Is it realistic to assume I can hear something (either an interview invitation or an application denial letter) back before the end of August?

I asked a few friends who applied before, and they all said they heard from the admission office about two weeks after the submission (late July and early August submissions).

Thank you very much.

Best,

Leopold

Hi leopold,

We try to move as quickly as possible with the review process and we are usually able to move very quickly this early; however you should allow six weeks before you move to the next step in the process. We will either deny an application or invite to interview with six weeks of us receiving a completed application.

Best of luck!
Send PM
vishals08 wrote:
hi,

i am really interested in applying for Columbia's January entry for class of 2016, but heard that there are no loan options for students outside US without a US guarantor. Is that true? second, there are no scholarships available for January entry? is that correct?

Hi vishals08,

We have a new loan option for international students without a co-signor. Please visit our financial aid website to learn more. We also have need based scholarships available to our January students.

I hope this helps! Best of luck,
Send PM
kwu325 wrote:
leopold wrote:
Hi,

I submitted my ED application on August 4th. Is it realistic to assume I can hear something (either an interview invitation or an application denial letter) back before the end of August?

I asked a few friends who applied before, and they all said they heard from the admission office about two weeks after the submission (late July and early August submissions).

Thank you very much.

Best,

Leopold

Leopold,

Before Matthew gets back to you, here's what I've observed so far:

1. the official answer is that they will get back to you with a decision (whether to interview or not) within 6 weeks after your application is complete (which means your rec has to be submitted)

2. what I've observed on the website is that for late july / late august submission, usually you will hear back in about 2 weeks. But it's OK if you don't hear back in 2 weeks. I know waiting is hard. I submitted in early august and am waiting as well. keep your hopes up! I hope you hear great news :)

Hope it helps.

Ken

Sorry I missed your post Ken!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi - In the essays tab of regular August online application against each essay there is a indication of number of words. Is it the maximum number to be used in particular essay?
Thank you,
Levon
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Thank you for taking our questions here:

When the interview is complete and the ambassador sends in their report, is admissions based solely on the report at that point or does that get added back to the packet and it's reviewed again with the report for a final decision?
Send PM
lnazaretyan wrote:
Hi - In the essays tab of regular August online application against each essay there is a indication of number of words. Is it the maximum number to be used in particular essay?
Thank you,
Levon

Hi Levon.

Thank you for your question. Yes, each essay has its own word limit. It is best to stick as closely as possible to those limits.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Send PM
wnoyes wrote:
Thank you for taking our questions here:

When the interview is complete and the ambassador sends in their report, is admissions based solely on the report at that point or does that get added back to the packet and it's reviewed again with the report for a final decision?

Hi wnoyes,

Thank you for your question! The admissions committee will review your entire application along with the interview before releasing your final decision. The interview is certainly an important piece of the process, but it is only one piece, and it will be reviewed holistically along with the rest of your application by the admissions committee.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, there. Thanks for your time answering all the questions.

I wanted to visit a class before the ED deadline. The website says they are expected to start late september. I haven't seen any on the calendar so far, only info sessions. When will you start the class visits this year and when will the registration open?

Best,
Anton
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

thanks for taking the time to answer our questions here!

I have one regarding the essays - is it fair to assume that a reader typically reads all the essays in order, i.e. that in essay no. two I can build on topics I have already talked about in essay one, or would you recommend to write the essays more on a stand-alone basis?
Send PM
Suse2014 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

thanks for taking the time to answer our questions here!

I have one regarding the essays - is it fair to assume that a reader typically reads all the essays in order, i.e. that in essay no. two I can build on topics I have already talked about in essay one, or would you recommend to write the essays more on a stand-alone basis?

Hi Suse2014,

Thank you for your question! Readers will review your entire application so either approach is fine.

Best of luck!
Send PM
ranton96 wrote:
Hi, there. Thanks for your time answering all the questions.

I wanted to visit a class before the ED deadline. The website says they are expected to start late september. I haven't seen any on the calendar so far, only info sessions. When will you start the class visits this year and when will the registration open?

Best,
Anton

Hi Anton,

Thank you for your question! They class visit for the Fall have not been posted, but they should be posted in mid to late September.

Thank you again for posting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hi,

I received a query from one of my recommenders. He wanted to know that there was no specific question about describing his relationship with me. How does he address that, given the 1000 word limit?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi Columbia GSB Admissions team,

I have a question regarding Letters of Rec. Can the ED application be submitted if one of the Letters of Rec is still in progress? My supervisor at my previous job has not completed the Rec and got called out of the country for a work project so I'm not sure if she will be able to make Wednesday's deadline. Also, as a follow-up question, if this is allowed, will my application only start to get reviewed once she has submitted the LOR? Thanks!
Send PM
duffman26 wrote:
Hi,

I received a query from one of my recommenders. He wanted to know that there was no specific question about describing his relationship with me. How does he address that, given the 1000 word limit?

Thanks

Hi duffman26,

Thank you for your question! Please have your recommender briefly let us know your relationship. How long you have worked together and in what capacity is usually what recommenders provide. Most recommenders are able to address this and the two questions in under 1000 words. The word limit is a guideline, so recommenders can exceed the word limit, but most recommendations are under 1000 words.

I hope this helps!
Send PM
big4sucks wrote:
Hi Columbia GSB Admissions team,

I have a question regarding Letters of Rec. Can the ED application be submitted if one of the Letters of Rec is still in progress? My supervisor at my previous job has not completed the Rec and got called out of the country for a work project so I'm not sure if she will be able to make Wednesday's deadline. Also, as a follow-up question, if this is allowed, will my application only start to get reviewed once she has submitted the LOR? Thanks!

Thank you for your question! You can submit your application without a letter of recommendation, but your application will be considered incomplete and we will not begin reviewing your application until it is complete. Once we receive all required parts of your application - which includes two letters of recommendation - then we will be able to review your application.

I hope this helps! Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, is the CBS adcom sticking to the 2 week decision turn-around following the interview assessment report? If not, when can one expect to hear back (I.e. How long does the final review stage take)? Thanks,
Send PM
nazimmoh wrote:
Hi, is the CBS adcom sticking to the 2 week decision turn-around following the interview assessment report? If not, when can one expect to hear back (I.e. How long does the final review stage take)? Thanks,

Hi nazimmoh,

Thank you for your question! Our goal is to give applicants a final decisions within two weeks of when their interview report is submitted by their interviewer.

I hope this helps!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts