It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 22:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Columbia GSB Admissions

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1195

Kudos [?]: 1816 [0], given: 150

Premium Member
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2014, 10:47
Hi Matthew,
Just double checking this info - so far my knowledge goes, Columbia generally follows a 6 week decision (re interview invite/waitlist/ding) window after application is submitted and completed in all aspects. And accordingly if the decision is for "interview invite" then in the following stage, after the interview is done and the interviewer submits the report it's another 2/3 weeks or so to get the final decision.

Kindly correct me if this is not the case this year or if I'm wrong somewhere in the above - as you understand it'd be really helpful for all CBS applicants to get their nerves calm!

Thank you :-)
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Kudos [?]: 1816 [0], given: 150

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 126

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2014, 09:46
Hi Matt, thanks for answering questions. As a honored and accepted applicant, I was hoping you could shed light on the time table for when Merit Scholarships are awarded and if any have already been awarded. Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2014, 12:19
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Matthew,
Just double checking this info - so far my knowledge goes, Columbia generally follows a 6 week decision (re interview invite/waitlist/ding) window after application is submitted and completed in all aspects. And accordingly if the decision is for "interview invite" then in the following stage, after the interview is done and the interviewer submits the report it's another 2/3 weeks or so to get the final decision.

Kindly correct me if this is not the case this year or if I'm wrong somewhere in the above - as you understand it'd be really helpful for all CBS applicants to get their nerves calm!

Thank you :-)


Hi bagdbmba,

Thank you for your question! Our goal is either to deny admission or invite for an interview or within six weeks of a completed application being received. Our goal for interviewed applicants is to render a final decision within two weeks of the interview report being completed.

I hope this helps!
_________________

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2014, 12:21
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Hi Matt, thanks for answering questions. As a honored and accepted applicant, I was hoping you could shed light on the time table for when Merit Scholarships are awarded and if any have already been awarded. Thanks!


Hi Kathmandu2013,

Congratulations on your admission! Fellowships can be awarded at any time after admission, but the majority will be awarded in the Spring.

Congratulations again on your admission!
_________________

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1195

Kudos [?]: 1816 [0], given: 150

Premium Member
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2014, 08:35
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Matthew,
Just double checking this info - so far my knowledge goes, Columbia generally follows a 6 week decision (re interview invite/waitlist/ding) window after application is submitted and completed in all aspects. And accordingly if the decision is for "interview invite" then in the following stage, after the interview is done and the interviewer submits the report it's another 2/3 weeks or so to get the final decision.

Kindly correct me if this is not the case this year or if I'm wrong somewhere in the above - as you understand it'd be really helpful for all CBS applicants to get their nerves calm!

Thank you :-)


Hi bagdbmba,

Thank you for your question! Our goal is either to deny admission or invite for an interview or within six weeks of a completed application being received. Our goal for interviewed applicants is to render a final decision within two weeks of the interview report being completed.

I hope this helps!


Thank you Matthew for clarifying again!

Just one quick question - could there be any exceptions of the above mentioned time-line of decision/final decision ? If so, could you please shed some light on that aspect ?

Much thanks Sir!
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Kudos [?]: 1816 [0], given: 150

Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2014, 14:16
bagdbmba wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Matthew,
Just double checking this info - so far my knowledge goes, Columbia generally follows a 6 week decision (re interview invite/waitlist/ding) window after application is submitted and completed in all aspects. And accordingly if the decision is for "interview invite" then in the following stage, after the interview is done and the interviewer submits the report it's another 2/3 weeks or so to get the final decision.

Kindly correct me if this is not the case this year or if I'm wrong somewhere in the above - as you understand it'd be really helpful for all CBS applicants to get their nerves calm!

Thank you :-)


Hi bagdbmba,

Thank you for your question! Our goal is either to deny admission or invite for an interview or within six weeks of a completed application being received. Our goal for interviewed applicants is to render a final decision within two weeks of the interview report being completed.

I hope this helps!


Thank you Matthew for clarifying again!

Just one quick question - could there be any exceptions of the above mentioned time-line of decision/final decision ? If so, could you please shed some light on that aspect ?

Much thanks Sir!


Hi bagdbmba,

Thanks for following up! It is our goal that all reviews are within these timelines. I suggest that candidates reach out to us if their application is outside of the six week timeline, but before doing so they should check their application status page for their complete date. Regarding the interview, it is two weeks from when the interviewer has submitted the interview feedback, not the date of the interview, so applicants should keep that in mind as well.

I hope this helps!
_________________

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2014
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2014, 07:29
Hi Matthew, thank you very much for taking time answering questions. I received my interview invite and had my interview with an admission ambassador last Monday. But as of today (a little more than 1 week after the interview), I haven't received any notice that the interview report was submitted yet. I just wonder what the timeline is and I would appreciate any suggestions on what I can/should do.

Thanks again.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 126

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2014, 11:55
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Hi Matt, thanks for answering questions. As a honored and accepted applicant, I was hoping you could shed light on the time table for when Merit Scholarships are awarded and if any have already been awarded. Thanks!


Hi Kathmandu2013,

Congratulations on your admission! Fellowships can be awarded at any time after admission, but the majority will be awarded in the Spring.

Congratulations again on your admission!


Thanks Matt!

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 May 2013
Posts: 80

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 43

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.94
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2014, 20:11
brownie615 wrote:
Hi Matthew, thank you very much for taking time answering questions. I received my interview invite and had my interview with an admission ambassador last Monday. But as of today (a little more than 1 week after the interview), I haven't received any notice that the interview report was submitted yet. I just wonder what the timeline is and I would appreciate any suggestions on what I can/should do.

Thanks again.


I had my interview today, and my interviewer stated multiple times that they had 48 hours to complete the report.
Let's see what Matt says.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 43

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

GRE 1: 710 Q V
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2014, 06:49
Hello,

Does Columbia have any special considerations for couples who apply together? My fiance and I do not live in NYC and while we love Columbia and NYC we were reluctant to apply Early Decision in case one of us got in and the other didnt, despite our belief of Columbia as a top choice. I am also wondering if that needed to be noted to interviewers in the situation we are granted an interview.

Thank you for any guidance.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1195

Kudos [?]: 1816 [0], given: 150

Premium Member
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2014, 11:01
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Hi bagdbmba,

Thank you for your question! Our goal is either to deny admission or invite for an interview or within six weeks of a completed application being received. Our goal for interviewed applicants is to render a final decision within two weeks of the interview report being completed.

I hope this helps!


Thank you Matthew for clarifying again!

Just one quick question - could there be any exceptions of the above mentioned time-line of decision/final decision ? If so, could you please shed some light on that aspect ?

Much thanks Sir!


Hi bagdbmba,

Thanks for following up! It is our goal that all reviews are within these timelines. I suggest that candidates reach out to us if their application is outside of the six week timeline, but before doing so they should check their application status page for their complete date. Regarding the interview, it is two weeks from when the interviewer has submitted the interview feedback, not the date of the interview, so applicants should keep that in mind as well.

I hope this helps!


Thank you Matthew for clarifying this in detail. I'd refer this to the fellow applicants and I'm sure it'd be really helpful for 'em!

Much appreciate your help Sir!
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Kudos [?]: 1816 [0], given: 150

Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 15:08
rarawwr wrote:
Hello,

Does Columbia have any special considerations for couples who apply together? My fiance and I do not live in NYC and while we love Columbia and NYC we were reluctant to apply Early Decision in case one of us got in and the other didnt, despite our belief of Columbia as a top choice. I am also wondering if that needed to be noted to interviewers in the situation we are granted an interview.

Thank you for any guidance.


Hi rarawwr,

Thank you for your questions. You should note that you are both applying (there is a section in the application for this); however we will consider your applications separately. You are also welcome to share this information with your interviewer, but it is not a requirement.

Best of luck to you and your wife!

Regards,
_________________

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 11:23
is there a way to get any feedback for a rejected application? i'm very disappointed as columbia was my first choice and things seemed to be going well until after the interview i had.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 20:17
Hi - I've got a personal application question. I applied and was accepted to Columbia for undergrad but ultimately decided to attend another Ivy because my major was not offered at Columbia. For my MBA, I am very much interested in Columbia as my first choice but am worried that if I bring this up it may detract from my application. Should I bring this up in my essays, or not? If I don't, will the admissions committee be able to see that I declined acceptance to Columbia once before?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Location: United States
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 05:24
macey15 wrote:
Hi - I've got a personal application question. I applied and was accepted to Columbia for undergrad but ultimately decided to attend another Ivy because my major was not offered at Columbia. For my MBA, I am very much interested in Columbia as my first choice but am worried that if I bring this up it may detract from my application. Should I bring this up in my essays, or not? If I don't, will the admissions committee be able to see that I declined acceptance to Columbia once before?


I would be shocked if they had the ability to cross check against undergrad applicants and whether or not they chose to attend school. Even if they could I wouldn't think that the undergrad decision would bother them enough to deny an applicant for the MBA program. As you said the school didn't offer the degree you wanted and if they can cross check your undergrad application status they should also have the knowledge of the degrees offered by the university versus your ultimate major. Having said that if you think there is a chance and you want to head it off, find a subtle way to work it into an essay without making it feel forced there probably isn't any harm in that. CBS definitely wants to know why you as an applicant are the right fit for them and why they are the right fit for you, so whatever you can do to stress that relationship is important, as long as it comes across as genuine. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask and best of luck!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 144

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 22:29
macey15 wrote:
Hi - I've got a personal application question. I applied and was accepted to Columbia for undergrad but ultimately decided to attend another Ivy because my major was not offered at Columbia. For my MBA, I am very much interested in Columbia as my first choice but am worried that if I bring this up it may detract from my application. Should I bring this up in my essays, or not? If I don't, will the admissions committee be able to see that I declined acceptance to Columbia once before?


I'm not part of AdCom, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they probably don't track that, and even if they did, wouldn't care at all.

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 2

Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:35
macey15 wrote:
Hi - I've got a personal application question. I applied and was accepted to Columbia for undergrad but ultimately decided to attend another Ivy because my major was not offered at Columbia. For my MBA, I am very much interested in Columbia as my first choice but am worried that if I bring this up it may detract from my application. Should I bring this up in my essays, or not? If I don't, will the admissions committee be able to see that I declined acceptance to Columbia once before?


Hi macey15,

Thank you for your question. You do not need to address this at any point in the application. How you chose your undergraduate school is a very personal choice and not part of our process.

Best of luck,

Matthew
_________________

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2015, 10:03
dhlee922 wrote:
is there a way to get any feedback for a rejected application? i'm very disappointed as columbia was my first choice and things seemed to be going well until after the interview i had.


Hi dhlee922,

My apologies for the late response. It looks like I missed your question when going through the thread. We are not able to provide feedback for denied applications. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the reapplication process if you decide you would like to be considered for next year.

Best of going forward,
_________________

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 126

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 10:35
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Hi Matt, thanks for answering questions. As a honored and accepted applicant, I was hoping you could shed light on the time table for when Merit Scholarships are awarded and if any have already been awarded. Thanks!


Hi Kathmandu2013,

Congratulations on your admission! Fellowships can be awarded at any time after admission, but the majority will be awarded in the Spring.

Congratulations again on your admission!


Hi Matthew,

I was hoping to follow up on the Merit Scholarships, as, at least on my end, it's coming down to crunch time to figure out my loans, departure from work and financing from savings. Do you know if all Merit Awards have been issued, or is there still a chance something comes through over the next month? Any insight would be much appreciated.

thanks much

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Official Business School Representative
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 14:05
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Kathmandu2013 wrote:
Hi Matt, thanks for answering questions. As a honored and accepted applicant, I was hoping you could shed light on the time table for when Merit Scholarships are awarded and if any have already been awarded. Thanks!


Hi Kathmandu2013,

Congratulations on your admission! Fellowships can be awarded at any time after admission, but the majority will be awarded in the Spring.

Congratulations again on your admission!


Hi Matthew,

I was hoping to follow up on the Merit Scholarships, as, at least on my end, it's coming down to crunch time to figure out my loans, departure from work and financing from savings. Do you know if all Merit Awards have been issued, or is there still a chance something comes through over the next month? Any insight would be much appreciated.

thanks much


Hi Kathmandu2013,

I hope you are well! We are still awarding fellowships, but there isn't a definitive timeline as we award fellowships throughout the cycle. If you would like, we can set up a phone call to talk further about your specific questions.

Let me know if that is something you would to do or feel free to call or e-mail anytime.

Regards,
_________________

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2015, 14:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22    Next  [ 440 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Will Early Decision Boost My Admissions Odds at Columbia GSB? ShellyLWatts 3 28 Apr 2016, 09:41
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Columbia GSB Class of 2019 Essay Question Analysis - How to Start! PersonalMBACoach 2 19 Apr 2016, 14:52
9 Experts publish their posts in the topic Columbia MBA Admissions & Related Blogs BlogBot 44 31 May 2017, 14:33
1 Columbia - Too Late for Rolling Admission? ValueInvestor 4 31 Mar 2016, 13:20
Dog at Columbia? dave785 8 06 Jul 2013, 11:06
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ask Columbia GSB Admissions

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: bagdbmba



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.