GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 16:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ask Columbia GSB Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  
Official Business School Representative
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 09:14
Allday028 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

For merit scholarships are these communicated to you when you are admitted? Meaning, If we didn't hear when we got the call we were admitted then it is safe to assume we didn't get any scholarships?

Hi Allday028,

Thank you for your question! Need based scholarships are awarded by financial aid and will be awarded later in the cycle after admission. Merit based fellowships are managed by admissions and usually are not awarded at admissions. If you were admitted and did not hear about these awards keep in mind they usually happen later in the cycle!

Regards,

Matthew

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 12:40
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Hi StressEater,

Thank you for your question! We will start reviewing Regular Decision applications once we complete the review of Early Decision. This usually happens in early December. Regular Decision applications that are submitted prior to the start of our review of Regular Decision will be placed in a queue and reviewed on a rolling basis once we start reviewing RD applications. Additionally, candidates who submit prior to the start of our review of RD will receive notification that their six week review process has begun.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your inputs.

There have been lots of anxieties, I think, from the RD applicants on this particular aspect as I see on the Columbia discussion thread. So, as the CBD moderator, I'd try to clarify this little BIT more from you so that I can convey the most clear picture to the fellow applicants on the CBS discussion thread to somewhat help relax their nerves!

1. From your above reply, what I understand is that as CBS starts reviewing its RD applications on a rolling basis from early December(most likely), RD applicants would get a notification at this time through EMAIL that their six week review process has begun. Am I correct ?

2. Also, please clarify that will this notification be sent out as a generic one as you start reviewing the FIRST RD application or will it be sort of individual notification sent to each RD candidate as and when the corresponding file gets opened for review starting early December ?

Look forward to your clarifications. Thanks in advance!

Hi bagdbmba,

Thank you for following up! The Regular Decision review will process will begin sometime in late December. You are correct, we will send an e-mail to candidates who have already submitted and are in a queue who are 'waiting' for their process to being.

Thank you!

Hi bagdbmba - To clarify that should say early December. My apologies!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 17:45
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Hi bagdbmba,

Thank you for following up! The Regular Decision review will process will begin sometime in early December. You are correct, we will send an e-mail to candidates who have already submitted and are in a queue who are 'waiting' for their process to being.

Thank you!

(edited - my apologies! I meant to write early [not late] December. Sorry for the confusion!)

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the update on RD application process! Just wondering, for RD applicants who submitted early, there's almost a three-month gap between submit and review dates, what is the best way to keep admissions updated if there's any change (e.g., promotion, major achievement, job change...etc). Should we reach out to provide (major) updates or is the material we submitted enough for a fair evaluation?
Retired Moderator
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 03:33
Thank you Matthew for clarifying! I think, it'll be REALLY helpful for Columbia applicants in the forum.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 !!! NEW !!!

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 18:18
Malluce wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Hi bagdbmba,

Thank you for following up! The Regular Decision review will process will begin sometime in early December. You are correct, we will send an e-mail to candidates who have already submitted and are in a queue who are 'waiting' for their process to being.

Thank you!

(edited - my apologies! I meant to write early [not late] December. Sorry for the confusion!)

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the update on RD application process! Just wondering, for RD applicants who submitted early, there's almost a three-month gap between submit and review dates, what is the best way to keep admissions updated if there's any change (e.g., promotion, major achievement, job change...etc). Should we reach out to provide (major) updates or is the material we submitted enough for a fair evaluation?

Hi Malluce,

Thank you for your question! There is no need to submit anything further, but if you have updates you can e-mail those to us at apply@gsb.columbia.edu.

Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 18:19
bagdbmba wrote:
Thank you Matthew for clarifying! I think, it'll be REALLY helpful for Columbia applicants in the forum.

You are welcome bagdbmba!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Dec 2015, 20:37
Edited.

Originally posted by JarJarSphinx on 10 Nov 2015, 08:05.
Last edited by JarJarSphinx on 07 Dec 2015, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 09:07
Matthew,

As a re-applicant this year, I have two questions:

1. Are we allowed to re-submit three new essays in addition to the re-applicant essay?

2. If we are allowed, would you recommend doing so or does the committee prefer to just receive the re-applicant essay?

Thanks!

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 11:11
afalfa wrote:
Hello!

I am a recent ED admit at Columbia.

There has been a significant change in my personal circumstances which requires me to reside as close to my home (in the Midwest) as possible during my MBA. If I have not conveyed my acceptance yet, may I decline the university's admit (not pay the deposit before the deadline) and matriculate at another school for the same year?

If not, what is the process I should follow? Does the university have a policy around ED admits who are unable to join? Would really appreciate an answer.

Thanks,

Afalfa

Hi Afalfa - Thank you for reaching out to me. Is it possible for you to connect with us over the phone. We can be reached at 212-854-1961 - this way we can get all your questions answered around this in one conversation. Talk soon!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 11:12
wags888 wrote:
Matthew,

As a re-applicant this year, I have two questions:

1. Are we allowed to re-submit three new essays in addition to the re-applicant essay?

2. If we are allowed, would you recommend doing so or does the committee prefer to just receive the re-applicant essay?

Thanks!

Hi wags888 - Thank you for your questions! I recommend following the reapplicant checklist. If there are major changes to your candidacy then I suggest addressing these in the optional essay. It is possible to submit all of the essays, but it is not necessary as a reapplicant.

Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 15:20
Hi Everyone,

We have started reviewing Regular Decision applications! Best of luck to those who have submitted! For those who have not, there is still time before the merit based award deadline on January 6. We look forward to getting to know you through your applications!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 22:51
Dear Admissions Team,

My interview with my CBS alumni interviewer was on Friday 13th, November and my interviewer hasn't yet submitted my feedback. I was wondering if there is a deadline by which interviewers are requested to submit feedback? I came across a page on the CBS website that mentions that interviewers should submit feedback within a week, but I am not sure if that is valid? Do you suggest that I remind my interviewer directly or write to you at CBS admissions, requesting you to remind them? How long do you suggest that I wait before reminding them directly or through you?

Thanks in advance.

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 09:20
Gourmet16 wrote:
Dear Admissions Team,

My interview with my CBS alumni interviewer was on Friday 13th, November and my interviewer hasn't yet submitted my feedback. I was wondering if there is a deadline by which interviewers are requested to submit feedback? I came across a page on the CBS website that mentions that interviewers should submit feedback within a week, but I am not sure if that is valid? Do you suggest that I remind my interviewer directly or write to you at CBS admissions, requesting you to remind them? How long do you suggest that I wait before reminding them directly or through you?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gourmet16 - Thank you for your question and congratulations on your interview! We check in with the alums, so there is no need for any action on your end. You will see an update from our system once the process moves forward.

Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 10:05
Hi Mathew,

I have received an invitation to interview with CBS and my interview is scheduled for next week. May I I request a CBS alumni I worked closely with on a volunteer project to write an additional recommendation for me and if so, how may I request them to submit it? I think that this would contribute to my candidacy by highlighting new information.

Thanks,
NYNY07

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 10:09
NYNY07 wrote:
Hi Mathew,

I have received an invitation to interview with CBS and my interview is scheduled for next week. May I I request a CBS alumni I worked closely with on a volunteer project to write an additional recommendation for me and if so, how may I request them to submit it? I think that this would contribute to my candidacy by highlighting new information.

Thanks,
NYNY07

Hi NYNY07,

Congratulations on your interview! You are welcome to have the alum you worked with send an additional recommendation. Please have the alum send the recommendation to apply@gsb.columbia.edu and we will add it to your file.

Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '18 (II)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 07:14
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Gourmet16 wrote:
Dear Admissions Team,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gourmet16 - Thank you for your question and congratulations on your interview! We check in with the alums, so there is no need for any action on your end. You will see an update from our system once the process moves forward.

Best of luck!

Matthew, thanks so much for taking the time to answer applicant questions. This is very helpful.

I’m in a similar position to the applicant above. I’m an ED applicant who interviewed 13 days ago, but my interviewer hasn’t yet submitted feedback. I saw that the website mentions that interviewers should submit feedback within a week.

It has been almost two weeks since my interview and as you can imagine, I am really anxious for this process to move forward. I would greatly appreciate more details on the timeline and am curious as to when the admissions office sends a reminder to interviewers. Thanks in advance.

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 11:14
JPrufrock wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
Gourmet16 wrote:
Dear Admissions Team,

Thanks in advance.

Best of luck!

Matthew, thanks so much for taking the time to answer applicant questions. This is very helpful.

I’m in a similar position to the applicant above. I’m an ED applicant who interviewed 13 days ago, but my interviewer hasn’t yet submitted feedback. I saw that the website mentions that interviewers should submit feedback within a week.

It has been almost two weeks since my interview and as you can imagine, I am really anxious for this process to move forward. I would greatly appreciate more details on the timeline and am curious as to when the admissions office sends a reminder to interviewers. Thanks in advance.

Hi JPrufrock - Thank you for your question. We have reached out to all of our alums individually, so we should hear back from them soon. Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 23:12
Hello!

I was wondering how many spots are left for us regular decisoners? I see a ton of early decision folks have received the nod!

Thanks,

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 15:29
TheLostOne wrote:
Hello!

I was wondering how many spots are left for us regular decisoners? I see a ton of early decision folks have received the nod!

Thanks,

Thank you for your question! We are extremely early in the process and the class has many spots available.

Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 09:47
Hello,

I am an ED applicant, who recently got deferred to RD. I was asked to send an email to Rachael to confirm my intent. The email provided to me is @columbia.edu, but her email on the website is @gsb.columbia.edu. Just want to check if she can receive emails from both accounts.

thanks
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions &nbs [#permalink] 01 Dec 2015, 09:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23    Next  [ 441 posts ] 

Ask Columbia GSB Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap