It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 16:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Columbia GSB Admissions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Official Business School Representative

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 12:34
bulaienny wrote:
Hello,

I am an ED applicant, who recently got deferred to RD. I was asked to send an email to Rachael to confirm my intent. The email provided to me is @columbia.edu, but her email on the website is @gsb.columbia.edu. Just want to check if she can receive emails from both accounts.

thanks

Hi bulaienny,

Thank you for your e-mail. She receives e-mails at both addresses.

Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions
Twitter: @ColumbiaMBA

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 03:17
Hello ColumbiaMBA,
I've completed all the other parts of the application and I'm looking to write my essays soon. Do you have tips specifically for college seniors applying for CBS MBA?
The general tips I've come across for college seniors are on the lines of explaining why you wan't to do the MBA at this stage of your career and how will you contribute to a class with minimal professional experience. Is there anything else I need to take into consideration?
Further, since some of these questions do not come under the context of the current Essay questions, should I address them in the optional essay?
Thanks for the help.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 13:12
Two questions: How do you view applicants that take time off work for extended volunteer positions that align with their long-term post-MBA interests. I retain the option of returning to my consulting firm, but I the learning curve in this current role is higher.

And how do you honestly view the GRE in terms of percentiles. Currently sitting at 95% for Verbal, and 77% for Quant.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 15:00
Hello ColumbiaMBA,

What are the operating hours during holiday season? Will the admission release results in this period?

Thanks!

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 16:13
nicholasbentham wrote:
Two questions: How do you view applicants that take time off work for extended volunteer positions that align with their long-term post-MBA interests. I retain the option of returning to my consulting firm, but I the learning curve in this current role is higher.

And how do you honestly view the GRE in terms of percentiles. Currently sitting at 95% for Verbal, and 77% for Quant.

Hi nicholasbentham - Thank you for your questions. I suggest explaining your volunteer experience in the optional essay so we can fully understand your experience. As for the GRE we review it as we would the GMAT and both are considered part of the holistic application process.

Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 16:14
bulaienny wrote:
Hello ColumbiaMBA,

What are the operating hours during holiday season? Will the admission release results in this period?

Thanks!

Hi bulaienny - Thank you for your question! The admissions office will be closed on Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1. We will be making decisions on the days we are in the office.

Happy Holidays!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 17:35
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
nicholasbentham wrote:

Hi nicholasbentham - Thank you for your questions. I suggest explaining your volunteer experience in the optional essay so we can fully understand your experience. As for the GRE we review it as we would the GMAT and both are considered part of the holistic application process.

Best of luck!

Thank you very much, and enjoy your holiday season.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.84

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 03:09
I just got dinged. Very low now. Well, do you still provide feedback? So I can learn from the failure and plan a reapplication? Thank you very much.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 15:31
mcwoodhill wrote:
I just got dinged. Very low now. Well, do you still provide feedback? So I can learn from the failure and plan a reapplication? Thank you very much.

Hi mcwoodhill,

Thank you for your application. I am sorry to hear about your decision. As you know the process is extremely competitive and every year we are not able to admit strong candidates. We are not able to give feedback on your application; however if you plan to reapply please let us know and we can talk through the reapplication process.

Best,

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 09:30
Dear Matthew, I am an ED candidate who was deferred to the regular round. With Feb first so close, can you confirm when the waitlist committee is meeting? I think the closer it gets to the date, the less chances we have. Would really appreciate a response. Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 09:40
NYNY07 wrote:
Dear Matthew, I am an ED candidate who was deferred to the regular round. With Feb first so close, can you confirm when the waitlist committee is meeting? I think the closer it gets to the date, the less chances we have. Would really appreciate a response. Thanks.

Hi NYNY07,

Thank you for your question and your patience while on the waitlist. The committee meets periodically and you will receive a decision by the February deadline. We review the waitlist and make decisions periodically so being on the waitlist until the deadline is not an indication of your candidacy or your chances.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2016, 22:53
Dear Matthew,

Understand that the merit-based fellowship distribution for Class 18 is still on-going until Aug. :)

I'm an international matriculated student, and have been anxiously and quietly waiting to get an update on that for quite a few months now. The reason is that if there could be any confirmation soon, I could better plan my finances. For e.g. I may need to apply a loan and I can only apply from Prodigy Finance (w/o US co-signer). And I think PF may have limited financial resources and is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Just curious, does CBS have any schedule on when to update international students about merit-based fellowship?
And how does CBS go through the merit-based fellowship distribution process, i.e. from ED admitted to RD admitted or no particular order at all?
How frequently does CBS release updates on that, e.g. weekly, monthly, etc?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks a lot for your time!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 07:09
PursuingGold wrote:
Dear Matthew,

Understand that the merit-based fellowship distribution for Class 18 is still on-going until Aug. :)

I'm an international matriculated student, and have been anxiously and quietly waiting to get an update on that for quite a few months now. The reason is that if there could be any confirmation soon, I could better plan my finances. For e.g. I may need to apply a loan and I can only apply from Prodigy Finance (w/o US co-signer). And I think PF may have limited financial resources and is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Just curious, does CBS have any schedule on when to update international students about merit-based fellowship?
And how does CBS go through the merit-based fellowship distribution process, i.e. from ED admitted to RD admitted or no particular order at all?
How frequently does CBS release updates on that, e.g. weekly, monthly, etc?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks a lot for your time!

Hi PursuingGold,

Great to hear you will be joining us this August! I suggest reaching out to me or anyone else you may know on the admissions committee to discuss your questions. Please feel free to reach out at any time.

Regards,

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2016, 17:09
Hello Columbia MBA!

I had a few questions about the application specific to my case. Would it be possible to call the admissions office and schedule an in-person appointment with someone from the ad com? I wasn't sure what the proper etiquette is- post on a forum or email? I always think in person is the best- but I do realize that it is application season and I may not be able to get time with an ad com member. How do you recommend I go about asking my questions?

Thanks so much!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Healthcare, General Management

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2016, 16:14
Do you know if the admissions committee looks at an undergrad gpa below 3.0 (2.9) as a complete cut-off? It seems like most stats show an extremely low to nonexistent acceptance rate for a sub 3.0 gpa. I completed a masters degree after college with a 3.8, and a business certification course after that scoring in the top 10%. Does the committee take those into account or will the low ug gpa significantly hurt my application?

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2016, 19:33
Hello! We do not have any cut offs for any test score. We take into account any other degrees completed or coursework a prospective student has pursued.

Posted from my mobile device

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 10:36
Hi,

The decision on my ED app was deferred last week. I emailed the director included in the letter last week indicating my continued interest in the application process, but so far I have not had a response confirming that I will still be considered an active candidate. Should I expect a reply? Otherwise, I will just send in any significant updates as they come up.

Thanks!

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 11:29
cps439 wrote:
Hi,

The decision on my ED app was deferred last week. I emailed the director included in the letter last week indicating my continued interest in the application process, but so far I have not had a response confirming that I will still be considered an active candidate. Should I expect a reply? Otherwise, I will just send in any significant updates as they come up.

Thanks!

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. Excellent question. For anyone else reading, there is a small pool of Early Decision candidates that receive a "waitlist" decision. This defers our final decision until later in the application cycle. They will receive a final decision on, or before, February 1, 2017.

I would encourage you to resend the email AND to also to send any updates you have to your assigned manager. Waitlist managers are diligent in keeping track of all sent material.

Kelsey Kephart
Assistant Director
MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 09:43
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
cps439 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. Excellent question. For anyone else reading, there is a small pool of Early Decision candidates that receive a "waitlist" decision. This defers our final decision until later in the application cycle. They will receive a final decision on, or before, February 1, 2017.

I would encourage you to resend the email AND to also to send any updates you have to your assigned manager. Waitlist managers are diligent in keeping track of all sent material.

Hi - PM'ed you further about this

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 18:31
ColumbiaMBA if you are still answering questions, do you know about how long ED applications for Fall 2018 are under review right now, on average?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2017, 18:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23    Next  [ 441 posts ] 

Ask Columbia GSB Admissions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap