Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Cox '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
vincepeng wrote:
gmattaker08 wrote:
Are we supposed to courier them anything???

submitted on 7th but haven't received any email stating application is under review or so...

The only email I got was stating :

"Thank you for submitting your application to the Tepper MBA program at Carnegie Mellon University. We will begin processing it as soon as possible. ..."

I was freaking out about it also, but I guess they just haven't get to most of the applications. Calling them doesn't help much, just relax and give them another week or so, I know it is touch. Best of luck!!

I agree with 'vincepeng'. Keep your calm. I received an email but the status inside the app did not change. I guess it only means that your file has now embarked on its journey to reaching the reviewers. It may or may not have been completely reviewed yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

Any one from India passed out from the Visvesvaraiah Technological University?

I have got a question from the adcom to submit the grading scale for VTU. I responded to them saying that the grading scale is a percentage(%) (like most of the Indian universities) and the class (such as FCD,FC and others).

Looks like they are still not convinced with that. Did anyone else got a similar question from the adcom?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi All,

I have got a question from the adcom to submit the grading scale for VTU. I responded to them saying that the grading scale is a percentage(%) (like most of the Indian universities) and the class (such as FCD,FC and others).

Looks like they are still not convinced with that. Did anyone else got a similar question from the adcom?

Thanks in advance! :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3122 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
What they want is some sort of legend showing which percentage range corresponds to which class... Something like that should be available at the university website..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
How long after the "Under Review" mail did the interview invite come in? It's been a week that I got the mail. No news after that. Should I be worried?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

I got the mail too, but I'm not from VTU. However, behind my main certificate I have a small table that depicts which % range comes under which Class (>70% - I with distinction ... ) . I sent them a scanned copy of it. That was sufficient.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ssg91 wrote:
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

I got the mail too, but I'm not from VTU. However, behind my main certificate I have a small table that depicts which % range comes under which Class (>70% - I with distinction ... ) . I sent them a scanned copy of it. That was sufficient.

Thank You!

In the GPA field in the application form, I entered my total percentage and the basis as 100 (like 77.XX on 100). Is this the same format you entered as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
ssg91 wrote:
thereddevil wrote:
Hi All,

Thank You!

In the GPA field in the application form, I entered my total percentage and the basis as 100 (like 77.XX on 100). Is this the same format you entered as well?

Yup. That's what I did and my app is under review now. Actually, 77.29% to be precise ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ssg91 wrote:
thereddevil wrote:
ssg91 wrote:

Thank You!

Yup. That's what I did and my app is under review now. Actually, 77.29% to be precise ;)

Cool 8-) , I also sent them an email. Hopefully that should suffice.

I have got an interview invite and I don't want to mess up my R1 plans due to these simple things. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ssg91 wrote:
How long after the "Under Review" mail did the interview invite come in? It's been a week that I got the mail. No news after that. Should I be worried?

Same Question
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hey.. Anybody from india getting any calls ?? I see 6 people (from gmatclub amd beatthegmat) getting calls already .. And they all have scores in access of 730..
Any luck with anybody else ??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
linzhouu wrote:
Hey.. Anybody from india getting any calls ?? I see 6 people (from gmatclub amd beatthegmat) getting calls already .. And they all have scores in access of 730..
Any luck with anybody else ??

Not that I know..! Still awaited... I think people here represent a very small part of actual pool of applicants...so could be the case of people not so active on forum getting calls..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Not to sound too depressing and negative.. but i had nothing better to do, so i took to doing some maths on tepper's on class profile ..

201 - total students,
32% international i.e 64 students,
31 countries represented i.e average of 2-3 per country.. and say from india they pick up 5-6 may be 10(too many?) from all three rounds
with yield of say max 50% they call in 20, may be 25 for interview (again all three rounds) ... == 7-8 calls per international country/round ..

I think its too early to press the panick button but ... :cry: :cry: :!: :!:
VP
VP
Send PM
If this were an AWA question, I would bring up the following points :

1) The number of people admitted in each round is not the same. R1 and R2 are more or less the same. But R3 is more often drastically lesser. Maybe about 10% of the class.

2) A major chunk of the internationals are Indians... Maybe a third of all internationals are Indians. So I think 10% would be more accurate.. So by numbers, closer to 20.

Even going by these numbers there should be around 40 calls i.e for Indians at least. Actual numbers might even be more depending on what percent of interviewed applicants are actually accepted.

You are of course correct in saying that it is too early to press the panic button.
linzhouu wrote:
Not to sound too depressing and negative.. but i had nothing better to do, so i took to doing some maths on tepper's on class profile ..

201 - total students,
31 countries represented i.e average of 2-3 per country.. and say from india they pick up 5-6 may be 10(too many?) from all three rounds
with yield of say max 50% they call in 20, may be 25 for interview (again all three rounds) ... == 7-8 calls per international country/round ..

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:

1) The number of people admitted in each round is not the same. R1 and R2 are more or less the same. But R3 is more often drastically lesser. Maybe about 10% of the class.

2) A major chunk of the internationals are Indians... Maybe a third of all internationals are Indians. So I think 10% would be more accurate.. So by numbers, closer to 20.

Even going by these numbers there should be around 40 calls i.e for Indians at least. Actual numbers might even be more depending on what percent of interviewed applicants are actually accepted.

You are of course correct in saying that it is too early to press the panic button.
linzhouu wrote:

201 - total students,

yeah .. lol ..
should put my head to other things.. may be take some time off work :P ..

BTW MacFauz, you done with your interview(s)? How is it going ?
VP
VP
Send PM
Still waiting for the third week of December.... November is gonna be the longest one month of my life...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:

linzhouu wrote:

201 - total students,

If this is generally true for the whole applicant pool, the number of invites could be more. Also the site says 22% of 1554 applicants are admitted out of which there are 726 full-time applicants. So to conform to a class size of 201, the acceptance percentage has to be 28%. Assuming they interview 40% of the pool, then this year out of 101 applicants 50 of which are roughly Indian, 20 of them will get invites on that site. However 101 is a very small sample, hence it may not be generically applied to a larger pool but just for maths sake anyway :-). Note that if we extend that unitarily to 726 full-time applicants (assuming same number of applications this year), then roughly 20 x (726/101) = 144 Indians will get the invites. Out of these 28%, i.e. 40 will get accepted. So the rest 24 will be from other countries as 32% of 201 = 64.

Word of Caution in this analysis: This information might make sense iff the number of Indian applicants scales uniformly (i.e. half of applicants are always Indians). If they don't then the accepted number will reduce, so one can assume 40 as maximum number of acceptances given that condition.

Ultimately we should not read too much into this. I was just trying to play around with numbers looking for an optimistic pattern :-).
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts