Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 07:45 It is currently 20 May 2024, 07:45
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9  ...  52   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos

Originally posted by McCombsStudent2015 on 29 Oct 2013, 12:58.
Last edited by McCombsStudent2015 on 04 Nov 2013, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 947 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
So those of us that have not yet received interview invites yet may still have a chance to get it :-D They should do them all in one go like other business schools so that you know after a certain date that you dont have a chance to get in..Mid december is too long a wait :evil:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3129 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
It has hardly been two weeks since the deadline man.... I think it is too early for those of us who haven't received the invitation to despair... Especially internationals who have not submitted a TOEFL and have requested a waiver...
vomhorizon wrote:
So those of us that have not yet received interview invites yet may still have a chance to get it :-D They should do them all in one go like other business schools so that you know after a certain date that you dont have a chance to get in..Mid december is too long a wait :evil:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
It has hardly been two weeks since the deadline man.... I think it is too early for those of us who haven't received the invitation to despair... Especially internationals who have not submitted a TOEFL and have requested a waiver...
vomhorizon wrote:

True! Hope you are right..From what they said it really seems that they start to send out invites as soon as they have decided on a set of candidates and keep doing this in batches..Duke for example waits till they have all the shortlisted candidates and sends out invites all in one go..Most programs do this (iirc)...I just wish they would let us know if we are not invited..
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3129 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I hope I'm right as well... :P BTW.. Did you apply with a TOEFL or requested a waiver?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I am a US Permanent Resident so i got an automatic waiver from them. Where i may land in a bit of delay could be that my transcripts (Indian MBBS and MD) are in the traditional percentage format..I offered a WES evaluation since i already paid for it (because some other programs required it) but McCombs said that they would do their own evals. I would be very surprised if they are done with the invites already since its been only a week and a half and they specifically referred to it as a "ONGOING PROCESS" rather than a single bulk invite sent to all the shortlisted candidates. I submitted my application around the 10th of October..Lets see how it goes, I only applied to 2 programs (UT and DUKE) so its kind of a big deal for me :oops:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can some one please share their interview experience especially with Adcom?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.21
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I submitted my application in-time for the Round1(15 Oct) for McCombs. However, one of my two recommenders was able to post his recommendation only on 27th of October(McCombs time). Within a day of submitting the recommendation, the application status changed to 'Submitted' (with the pending TOEFL score disappearing). I am seeing that Mccombs sent out invites to applicants from India. Got no invite yet.
Does it review applications region-wise or an invite can come anytime before their interview completion deadline in December?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
From going over the last years McCombs thread and reading (many times) the email that was sent after submission of application, i think that the invites are sent over a period of time so wait out a couple of more weeks before giving up..atleast thats what I am doing..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
gorintlasatya wrote:
I submitted my application in-time for the Round1(15 Oct) for McCombs. However, one of my two recommenders was able to post his recommendation only on 27th of October(McCombs time). Within a day of submitting the recommendation, the application status changed to 'Submitted' (with the pending TOEFL score disappearing). I am seeing that Mccombs sent out invites to applicants from India. Got no invite yet.
Does it review applications region-wise or an invite can come anytime before their interview completion deadline in December?

You might want to check with Adcom to see if you are eligible for Round 1. I don't mean to scare you but I think they only allow a buffer for late recommendations upto a certain period. I think that's what was mentioned on the webinar/chat. Maybe you can email them to ask them - that way if you have been moved to R2, you may not have to stress (for now atleast). Regarding the region-wise, I'm not sure but they do say interview invites can come anytime up till the deadline. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
kana162 wrote:
gorintlasatya wrote:

You might want to check with Adcom to see if you are eligible for Round 1. I don't mean to scare you but I think they only allow a buffer for late recommendations upto a certain period. I think that's what was mentioned on the webinar/chat. Maybe you can email them to ask them - that way if you have been moved to R2, you may not have to stress (for now atleast). Regarding the region-wise, I'm not sure but they do say interview invites can come anytime up till the deadline. Good luck!

I had asked about this before I submitted my application and the response I had received was the following:

"You will need to have your recommenders submit your letters of recommendation by the deadline in order to be considered from Round 1."

So it is better to check the status with them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Anyone done a skype interview yet? What would you recommend, Skype or in-person? I am a lil low on budget and vacation days but if the in-person interview is much preffered, i would not want to let that opportunity go !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Its getting awefully quiet with the invites :oops:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3129 [0]
Send PM
I was expecting some movement last friday.. But with Halloween and the weekends, I guess we might have to wait a bit more to see any movement... Long long long November coming up...
vomhorizon wrote:
Its getting awefully quiet with the invites :oops:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Shashank: Sharma
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Project Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Even I havn't received an interview invite from mccombs. I wasn't worried about it until I read the above posts.
All I can say is that its too early to press the panic button.

My application status was showing incomplete until 23rd oct, which was changed only after continuous follow ups from my end.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
No need to panic especially since no one here has got the invite after the initial ones went out..I just wish they took their time and sent out all the invites at once so that we did not have to go through all this :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can anyone(alum or current applicants) please share info about their interview experience with adcom
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts