Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:17 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Finance
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink]
SCBooth wrote:
I received an interview invite from Ross, but then I received an email from CGSM that they needed my transcript. I checked the application and my transcript was uploaded successfully. Did anyone else get this?

I got the email regarding my transcript as well this past Thursday. When I talked to Corey Webb, the director of recruiting, he said that my transcript was unreadable. I guess because when I scanned it to upload it, the word void appears all over the digital copy. I just had to have my school send an official copy to him electronically to rectify this issue.

Just contact him to make sure.

On another note, I still haven't recieved an email stating that my application was sent to the schools I applied to. Getting a little nervous.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Kudos
BigUp wrote:

So, the timing of this fellowship draft is not really optimal. I have been fortunate enough to get into a couple of my round 1 schools (non-consortium), but they require that I pay a deposit to hold my spot in the class in late feb/early march. The draft is in mid march. I would definitely attend one of these schools, but I'm hoping for the fellowship from my #1 consortium school...

Anyone else in a similar position? How would you guys approach this?

This is my biggest gripe with the draft system of the Consortium. There is absolutely no benefit to applying round 1 when it comes to fellowships unless you're putting Ross or Yale #1. I was in a similar position as you and just decided to do all my apps round 2. The risk was that my competition would be tougher. But I decided I'd rather see all my financial options in front of me at the same time.

So really you have two choices.
1. Pay the deposit at your round 1 school and wait. If you get a fellowship then you lose a few thousand that you put down for a deposit.
2. Decline admission and gamble on the CGSM fellowship
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
So, if I received a "consortium scholarship" from my number two ranked school but have yet to receive an admission decision from my number one, what exactly does that mean? I thought that schools not ranked #1 wouldnt be able to offer any consortium related money until the draft...

And is it safe to assume that a "consortium scholarship" is not a "consortium fellowship"?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got an email from one of the schools I submitted to stating that the Consortium has extended their application deadline to January 31st.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
BigUp wrote:
So, if I received a "consortium scholarship" from my number two ranked school but have yet to receive an admission decision from my number one, what exactly does that mean? I thought that schools not ranked #1 wouldnt be able to offer any consortium related money until the draft...

And is it safe to assume that a "consortium scholarship" is not a "consortium fellowship"?

BigUp,

I would say that you did not get the Consortium named fellowship. More than likely the school found you worthy of a merit based scholarship. Since you applied to them through the Consortium they called it "Consortium Scholarship." An Ad Com member from UNC told me that they review CGSM applicants against all available money, not just CGSM fellowship dollars. Some CGSM admits get other scholarships and fellowships besides the named Consortium Fellowship. It really does not matter if the money is scholarship or fellowship, if you are granted membership into the Consortium you will still go to OP. Congrats on the $ though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Anyone receive an interview invite from Darden yet? I noticed on the school's GC msg board that invitations were sent out today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Round 2:
I've gotten an interview invite from Ross, and a receiving confirmation from Haas. Has anyone gotten anything from Anderson??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
I haven't heard anything at all from Haas or Anderson. I received confirmation of application from UT, NYU and UNC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GPA: 3.57
WE:Psychology and Counseling (Health Care)
Send PM
meeeshelleee wrote:

are you guys planning on attending the event for sure? where are you guys located? I can't decide whether to interview with alumni in town or attend the event....

I am planning on attending their Consortium/Conference weekend. I'm from Boston, but as Ross is my first choice I felt like it was too good of an opportunity to pass up going to Ann Arbor!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [5]
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got admitted to Stern this evening!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
tdesena wrote:
meeeshelleee wrote:

are you guys planning on attending the event for sure? where are you guys located? I can't decide whether to interview with alumni in town or attend the event....

I am planning on attending their Consortium/Conference weekend. I'm from Boston, but as Ross is my first choice I felt like it was too good of an opportunity to pass up going to Ann Arbor!

Tdesena, I'll be there too. I'm driving in from Chicago but will be staying at a Red Roof Inn which I managed to get through Priceline for only $60. Looking forward to seeing you guys.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
hopefulmba23 wrote:
Just got admitted to Stern this evening!

congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I still haven't recieved the email stating that my application has been released. Anyone else have the same problem?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Congrats hopeful!

Marc, I'd suggest emailing or calling the Consortium to sort out your application status.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Marcg153 wrote:
I still haven't recieved the email stating that my application has been released. Anyone else have the same problem?

When (day) did you submit the application (they process by order of receipt)? Are all portions of it complete, including the Consortium mission/recommender portion? I would agree that you should call or email them for a status.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JavertHL wrote:
Marcg153 wrote:

When (day) did you submit the application (they process by order of receipt)? Are all portions of it complete, including the Consortium mission/recommender portion? I would agree that you should call or email them for a status.

I just recieved the release email this morning. Such a relief. Now I can worry about getting interviews lol.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
You can add NYU alongside Ross and Yale for schools that are offering the Fellowship with your admission - I just got the call that I received it (two days after getting admission letter)!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts