Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:39 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
If you don't get a call today does it mean you got rejected?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
An e-mail will go out later today for waitlisted/rejected applicants - I think I got mine last year around noon.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I didn't get a call so it's looking like a ding/waitlist for me... but congrats to everyone admitted so far!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Officially Dinged!! :cry:

I remember Packet82 saying Number matters, Personality matters... every thing matters!! - I am sure my GMAT score killed my app!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Programming (Telecommunications)
Send PM
same here ... I had a feeling of this coming the way the interview went ... Congratulations to all those who got in! And good luck to the R2/R1 Waitlisted folks! And a big thanks to all the currents students who helped out especially Packet ... You have been really helpful! Goodbye!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 610 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
I got WL..Congrats to the admits !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats to all those who made it to the other side.
I am on the Waitlist. Open to any and all suggestions.

packet82 and atHaas - Do you know classmates from similar situation and what they did to make it happen?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bit wrote:

packet82 and atHaas - Do you know classmates from similar situation and what they did to make it happen?

I was WLed myself last year.

The admissions committee will have a waitlist session that will give you some further information. But all in all, it wasn't really informative.

What happens next is that you'll be asked/recommended to get a 3rd recommendation letter submitted. I did that, you should definitely do that.

You can also try to improve your GMAT if you're score wasn't good enough. (Clearly for Bit, his score is fine)

I believe you can also submit to them any updates about yourself. I would try and think of any things I that may have caused you to be waitlisted, and then target those areas for improvement in the next month or so. Or for example, if you've gotten a new position, promoted, etc, those are things that may help you stand out a bit more.

Don't give up hope.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
atHaas wrote:
bit wrote:

The admissions committee will have a waitlist session that will give you some further information. But all in all, it wasn't really informative.

What happens next is that you'll be asked/recommended to get a 3rd recommendation letter submitted. I did that, you should definitely do that.

You can also try to improve your GMAT if you're score wasn't good enough. (Clearly for Bit, his score is fine)

I believe you can also submit to them any updates about yourself. I would try and think of any things I that may have caused you to be waitlisted, and then target those areas for improvement in the next month or so. Or for example, if you've gotten a new position, promoted, etc, those are things that may help you stand out a bit more.

Don't give up hope.

atHaas - Thanks for the inputs. Yes will try to see how I can improve further.
For reco's I had one from my manager at work and other from outside. So is the third reco same as first 2 or are they looking for something different.
My IR was not that good. Wonder if that had anything to do :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bit wrote:
atHaas wrote:
bit wrote:

Don't give up hope.

atHaas - Thanks for the inputs. Yes will try to see how I can improve further.
For reco's I had one from my manager at work and other from outside. So is the third reco same as first 2 or are they looking for something different.
My IR was not that good. Wonder if that had anything to do :?

They say it should be a supervisor or manager for the 3rd as well.
My first 2 were, but for the 3rd, I went against their suggestion and had a peer write mine, one with whom at the time I had been working on a start-up with for a year plus. I felt like this would reveal to the adcom another aspect of me. Especially since I wanted to focus on entrepreneurship.

Not sure how much weight that letter carried, (this was the only update I gave to the adcom). But I got in.

In terms of your IR, I'm not sure how much weight that carries either. I would think that Adcoms don't have enough of a sample to determine how important the IR score is.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
WL... Congratulations to those got admission!
Two questions:
1. For those who got admitted, when do you have to reply?
2. @ athaas, How many WL do they have roughly? How many can get ad in round 2 decision release day?

Thanks everyone for the information and communication.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
flyerrhappy wrote:
WL... Congratulations to those got admission!
Two questions:
1. For those who got admitted, when do you have to reply?
2. @ athaas, How many WL do they have roughly? How many can get ad in round 2 decision release day?

Thanks everyone for the information and communication.

I recall seeing 50-55 names on on the Waitlist adcom information session, but this was for the rd 2 waitlist.
Not sure about your second question. You can probably look at the 2013 WL and regular threads to extrapolate an answer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has everyone's status been updated online? I am wondering if I should give the adcom a call because my status still shows "File Under Review".
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jayson1 wrote:
Has everyone's status been updated online? I am wondering if I should give the adcom a call because my status still shows "File Under Review".

I still have the same status "File Under Review"
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
WL as well. I think my relatively little work experience did me in. I was really hoping to have a yes or no, as there are opportunities in the next few months at my job to move up that would require me to leave the Bay Area.

Does anyone know if they do rolling applications from the WL, or are R1 WL decisions released with the R2 decisions?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Congrats to everyone that got in, good luck to those that are on the WL. It sounds like they admitted quite a few more people in R1 this year.

If you got in, welcome to Haas. There's going to be a massive number of emails coming your way with things you need to do. They usually do new admit get-togethers in the spring. I'd highly suggest you go to them if possible.

Also, I plan on crashing your orientation (along with quite a few of my classmates). So, be ready ;-)

byucoug11 wrote:
WL as well. I think my relatively little work experience did me in. I was really hoping to have a yes or no, as there are opportunities in the next few months at my job to move up that would require me to leave the Bay Area.

Does anyone know if they do rolling applications from the WL, or are R1 WL decisions released with the R2 decisions?

If it's anything like last year, the next round of announcements will come when R2 results are announced. You have until then to improve your profile and move up the list. Realistically, you're being judged against the entire pool of applicants in R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In!
For weekend cohort.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  28   
Moderators: