Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:37 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [1]
Send PM
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: Directory of MBA Applicant Blogs [#permalink]
Kudos
FROM MBA Pensive - Roadmap to MBA Admissions: Insights from interactions with IE Business School community.
IE Business School is top notch school and recently ranked 5th in Forbes ranking 2013.

I have been researching about the school for some time now and as a part of the process I have been interacting with alumni, current students and IE India office. The experience of these interaction have been phenomenal. Below is summary of some insights during these interactions.

• IE is great place in terms of world class academic teaching, multicultural diversity.
  • IE is founded by Entrepreneurs in 1974 and hence the spirit of entrepreneurship is by default embedded in the very fabric of IE. If you are looking for 01 year MBA program with focus of cultural diversity and entrepreneurship, don’t look beyond IE.
  • IE is seen as a proven stamp of cultural adeptness.
  • Living in Madrid is a life time experience and is compared to none. One should know basic Spanish to navigate through this wonderful experience.
  • IE experience in terms of teaching, cultural diversity experience can very well be compared to its peers such as INSEAD and LBS. IE is second to none in terms of these factors.
  • International students face the challenges of visa sponsoring & work permit restrictions. Although these challenges are prevalent in most other parts of the world, they are significant in Europe.
  • The need of knowing at least one or two European language ( Spanish in particular at IE)is predominant factor for living in Madrid and sometimes influence the job opportunities post MBA.
  • The above 2 points make recruitment a challenge at IE. Although top companies in most industries recruit at IE, converting a job offer entirely lies with student. IE very well prepares students in all recruiting requirements.
  • The good point is previous and current IE students have raised the issue of improvement and IE career services and IE leadership team has positively taken a note of the same. The efforts to revamp the same are already in progress and expected to result in strengthening of IE brand in coming future.
  • The good thing is IE offers free Spanish classes throughout the IMBA course and with dedicated efforts one can learn preliminary Spanish language over the duration of the course.
  • IE offers some great and diverse dual degree options in partnerships with top US school such as Yale, MIT. The intake ( April or November) decisions influence dual degree opportunities, so be aware of which intake would be best suited for your career goals and academic goals. These options are rally awesome.
  • Most IE students get placed within 3 months from graduation which is a general trend in European MBA programs.
One IE alumni ( who is currently in Japan and was kind enough to spare some time over last weekend) explained that the sole reason she chose to talk to me – She felt ( from the kind of questions I asked in an email) that I have already completed my basic research and I was genuinely interested in IE. I believe that was the reason she went that extra mile and explained all my questions in details drawing examples from her personal experience. So I request to prospective students to do basic research before speaking to any current students or alumni. Your time as well as their time is really important.

To get most of the inside perspective be ready with relevant questions ( which doesn’t include – Can I get in?).

All the best for your research !

Filed under: MBA Application Process Tagged: IE, IE Business School

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 510 Q29 V31
GMAT 2: 590 Q32 V38
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: GMAT number4: the answer
In my last post I posed four questions to myself to help me answer my GMAT dilemma.

• Which of the three business schools do I want to apply for?
  • How do they view my GMAT score?
  • Do I really want to make February study month?
  • Which exam should I sit if any?
Let me take them in reverse order.

Which exam should I sit if any?

I do not want to sit the GMAT again any time soon. Why? I hear you ask. Well I have this holiday to the States coming up in March and I can better spend the 250 dollar fee on my holiday.  Plus ,to move my score I think I need to put in two to three months worth of study. What’s even worse I’m not convinced how much of a difference that will make. Last time I spent a month studying maths and my score hardly moved.

So no GMAT then.  However I would sit IE’s entrance exam if required as it sounds a lot more practical, and my studying for GMAT should hold me in good stead.

Do I really want to make February study month?

Not really; I’m liking my free time. I like having evenings and mornings back to myself.

Which of the three business schools do I want to apply for & how will they view my GMAT score?

I’m not applying HEC as I don’t have the minimum score and the school is not enough of a driver to make me resit the GMAT.

I still need to finalise my thoughts on the other two schools, IE and IESE. I’m finding out a bit more about IE tomorrow and I will make my decision after that about whether I want to apply to IE and sit their admissions test. While for IESE I’m waiting to hear back from them.

Related Posts

GMAT number 4?

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: 1st result in: Fulbright
I done my standard lunch time check on my emails and guess what, I got an email from Fulbright.

Feeling a bit nervous I opened the email and BAM! My first no of application season. Fulbright will not be taking me forward to interview.

I’m quite disappointed as I thought I put a good case forwards. But it looks like not having brilliant academics, but only very good ones was enough to put me out the running.

Good luck to everyone else who applied to Fulbright. How did you get on?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Send PM
FROM The MBA Journey of an African Doctor: The first disappointment
Ah! I am just a basket of emotions right now. Harvard, my initial dream school before I did more in-depth research, has sent out the first wave of interview invites. After refreshing my email obsessively for about an hour, I came to grips with the fact that Harvard may not like me the way I liked it.

It is just the first wave so why am I disappointed? Well, Dee Leopold said that “many” invites would be sent out in the first wave and “some” would be sent out in the second wave. Some geeks on the Gmat Club have calculated the chances of getting an invite in the second wave and it came down to 2.3%. From a high of 17% for the first wave. That means there is 97.7% chance of getting a ding. Can I hold out hope for an invite? Well, theoretically I can, but mathematically I can’t. But my life has been a miracle up to this point. So here’s what I will do. I will hope and pray for the best.

Meanwhile I have been able to lock down my interviewers for INSEAD. I don’t have  the luxury of remaining crestfallen. I just have to pull myself together and get ready for my first interview in two days.

It hurts but life goes on.

MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: Access MBA event: Don’t
Well I just had a very frustrating evening. Off I went to a posh hotel with over priced tea for the Access MBA one -to -one event. And found out it’s not a one -to -one event they instead offered me group discussion with admissions reps. What good is that? I can find out the same information by reading the website and not get wet!

Tried group discussions before and I don’t think they work. You can’t have a conversation and obtain tailored information. Or the other person dominates the conversation. Kinda like spare room hunting, if you get a two on one situation, you know you ain’t getting the room.

So I wasn’t impressed!

So was it worth the money? Mmm wouldn’t say no. Mainly by stamping my feet I got to see one MBA course on one-one basis and they told me about scholarships I wasn’t aware of! Now that’s worth more than the five pounds entrance fee.

But I would say it was a waste of time. I got to see one school and didn’t see the other schools I was interested in, mainly as I declined to do group discussions.

And no I didn’t ticket the box to say I would recommend this event to others.

What are your thoughts and experiences on one-to-one versus groups at MBA events?

MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: Results day is almost here
On Friday I get to find out whether I’ve been invited to interview by Duke and Harvard.

Would I love an interview invite, yes. Do I think I will get one, No.

For start Harvard sent out its first set of invites last week. I was good and didn’t check my emails until 7pm and only had a quick check on gmat club forum pages to make sure Harvard sent them out. I didn’t get an invite. Next and final batch is this Friday.

Harvard receives 9000 applications a year for 900 places. So competition is tough. For me, part of the joy of the whole process has been applying for Harvard. That fact that I’ve applied there is Amazing in itself.

Duke before my GMAT saga, I was reasonably hopeful of an interview. After writing the essays and looking at my GMAT score, I’m no longer convinced.

So if Friday comes along and no interviews where does that leave me? Part of me thinks, great! I’m in exactly the same place 18 months ago. Other part of me is going, O.K what next?

So I wonder what Friday will bring.

P.s just got an email from Harvard so will let you what it says.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 205
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
FROM Coffee Beans And Tea Leaves: Recap: Kelley Small Group Dinner
And it has been more than two weeks since I went to one. But, given the lack of information I got online, I did want to pay it forward. I signed up for this dinner way back in December, and glad I did because it did fill out pretty quickly. The venue was Old Ebbit’s […]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM The MBA Journey of an African Doctor: Coping with a ding
I saw it coming. I definitely did. When the email did not come last week, I prepared mentally for a ding, and that was exactly what I got. Harvard Business School obviously did not like me as much as I liked it. The feeling of getting dinged by your dream school is better imagined than experienced. I went through all the gamut of the Kubler-Ross grief stages (denial, anger, bargaining, grieving, and acceptance) in different cycles.When the ding finally came, I was ready for it. But it still stung.

It is hard to give up, but my real source of concern is what exactly caused the ding. After searching high and low, four reasons came up for why I was rejected. There was really nothing I could do about them because they were not my fault in the first place. I happen to be in my mid thirties, work in an unknown firm, graduated from an obscure university in the backwaters of west Africa, and had an un-explainable academic performance (there is no GPA for medical degrees in my country). After a little research I came to the realization that all of the people who went to HBS from my country that I know all had their undergraduate degrees from either the US or the UK.

My real concern now is whether Stanford also operates through the same set of standards. If it does, it simply means that I stand no chance there either. However, if the Stanford Africa Fellowship page is anything to go by then I may have a chance because they encourage Africans who got their undergraduate degree to apply for the fellowship. Well, one can only apply for it if one gets admission in the first place.

Oh well, I have started shaking the sting out of the ding. I have my second INSEAD interview in a few days. The first interview went really well. Even though the first interviewer was supposed to be the bad cop, we ended up really connecting and some of our future goals were in alignment. My full debrief for the interview will come up after the second interview. I think the second interviewer will be the good cop because of the way he sounds on the phone and the tone of his e-mails. But I have no intention of taking anything for granted.

Yikes. This application process is really tough, and it can be quite emotionally draining. But I am so glad to have the opportunity to put everything down in writing because I know that five years down the line, I will be glad that I did. I know this because I have full confidence that I will get admission to a really great school where I will be able to fulfill my destiny.

Warren Buffet was dinged by Harvard Business School. He went to Columbia where he met his mentor whose ideas ended up making him one of the richest man to have ever lived on this planet. He probably wouldn’t have fulfilled his destiny if he went to HBS. So I guess I am in good company after all.

Okay Stanford GSB, I am waiting for my interview invite. INSEAD, I am glad for the interview invite.

Wharton, I will make up my mind about you on February 21, 2014.

And Harvard, thank you for the opportunity. But if I had been admitted by both Stanford and Harvard, I would have chosen Stanford, even though Harvard was my dream school. No hard feelings. That’s how the world works.

MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: I got an interview invite from Duke
I’m in shock. Duke has invited me to interview. I still can’t believe it.

My shock has slowly turned into excitement. Mainly when my friend asked me at lunch what would I wear? And then banned me from using my small hand bag.

Next step is preparing
for the interview. Last time I done an interview was for my promotion. GULP! Tips and suggestions welcome.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
FROM The adventures of a (provisional) MBA student: The Calm Before the Storm: the Sequel (and for real this time)
The last few weeks since Christmas have been considerably quieter than the nervous waiting just before. In fact, most of it has been preparing for what is looking like a busy February.

After dinner a few weeks ago with a smaller group who gathered over Facebook, last weekend I was fortunate to meet some future fellow Boston residents, at least the portion of the class heading over to Boston who are currently based in London (and around). It was a great group, with some really interesting backgrounds, and plenty of words where I didn’t even understand what they meant at first – I am definitely going to learn a lot over the next two years. There was a real mix of Europeans and American’s heading home after a few years in London – in a room  of 14 admits there were only 3 UK nationals, so I certainly feel at a disadvantage with regards to an international move. Almost everyone had more experience of that than me!

This turns to the more practical part of the last few weeks. I’ve standard gathering income and other financial statements, preparing some scholarship applications and preparing for the start of February when most of the administration needs to begin. Money and Visa worries are top of my list, and as a home-owner I’m already scrambling to finish off the renovation of my home I’ve been completing over the last two years so it’s in a condition to either rent or sell. To be honest, at times already I’m not sure which direction to turn next!

A common site in my life at the moment

Finally, from the 4th February I’m going to be in Boston for Admitted Students Welcome at HBS. It’ll be my first visit on campus, a chance to look at the facilities and get a feel for the city I’ll be in for the next two years. I’m also hoping to visit MIT too – I’m taking my camera so I’ll be attempting to keep a visual diary while I’m there.

On Friday I told my team my good news and that I’d be leaving in the summer – with recommenders in the loop at work the news was already starting to sneak out. In my case, this meant a 12 hour odyssey to cover the three shifts I manage and was quite draining. It has inevitably led to a huge number of questions, most of which I don’t yet know the answer to.

Writing the title for the post gave me a slight sense of deja-vu. I was right – I’d used something similar in a much earlier post (here). I was struck reading it how far I’ve come in my confidence with the process. I’m much more comfortable with my decision now to head across the pond. Here’s hoping I feel the same in two years time!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM The adventures of a (provisional) MBA student: Visit to Boston & MIT Impressions
This week I’ve been truly fortunate to finally visit Boston, where mainly the purpose was to visit the Admitted Student Weekend at Harvard. I need a little more time to reflect on that experience though (keep checking, it won’t be long), so I thought instead I would comment on a brief campus visit to MIT-Sloan, as I was staying nearby.

I have to point out that this was not an official visit. Depending on your point of view it was either an unofficial visit or even that me and my friend just snuck in..! It was on Saturday afternoon, and was just a quick skim round of the building with no events planned. It was a rather grey and cold day in Boston, which inevitably makes a less favourable impression than a nice sunny one. The snow was nice though!

The first observation is simply that the MIT area is a very urban campus. We were staying around 100m away from the Sloan building and got to know the area well in only a few days. It’s extremely well connected to both Downtown Boston (we were actually walking from the downtown area back to our apartment and the walk was not at all difficult. (By contrast, it would be quite a trek to HBS). The Boston ‘T’ system and the Red Line is literally yards away.

The building itself was a little… clinical. My friend (also an admit at HBS but not familiar with MIT) asked when walking up to the building “Is this the hospital?”. I kind of thought I had the wrong place until I walked in the door as the sign was partially covered by snow, there was no obvious sign it is actually Sloan. Perhaps this understatement is intentional compared to its more extravagant brother. The glazed frontage on the river side is probably a bit more impressive, but I would say looking at access routes that surely this is still the main way in.

The exterior of the entrance

Inside it reflected the exterior of the building. Ultra-modern, clean, ordered. This building (called officially E62) was only finished in 2010 and it showed. Everything was immaculate, and there was a definite ‘new building feel’ still. It was a really quiet day on a Saturday afternoon so being quiet would be understandable, but even so I was a bit troubled by the lack of signs of life – for example, most noticeboards were spread far apart (I always look a club/society posters) and were usually only half covered.

There were some lectures going on in the new building (er..? Weekend classes?) but we had a peek in the window. The lecture theatres looked really comfy and well furnished. Sorry no picture! I have to admit the wood paneled HBS rooms looked a little dated compared to these, and my friend outright preferred them. They did look good.

Unfortunately we couldn’t stay for long as even though I have an application pending I still felt guards might rush from a corner and take me at any moment for being an intruder.

Inside sloan: view over the main central space and view of the cafe

There’s no denying that as a new building it was a really impressive space. If I was the architect I’d be pretty pleased with my efforts. However, I’d just have liked to see a bit more sign of life in the building itself. To be perfectly honest, it reminded me (both in style and feel) heavily of some of the top Engineering schools in the UK, or even trendy art galleries. All polished chrome and glass, and a little too much quiet and lack of warmth. These served me pretty well, but you do get a particular type of experience. Having said that, it is still new and could be very different in a year’s time.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [2]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Domotron's Blog: Tuck bound!

I’m in at Tuck! Last Thursday I got the all important call and I was/am still absolutely ecstatic. For those that have followed my journey so far, they will know that Tuck has been my top choice since I visited. It was incredible to finally wrap up my b-school application journey.

I have to thank a few people because honestly without them I doubt I would have survived this whole b-school application ordeal! First of all, my fellow applicants hamm0 and jumsumtak from Gmatclub. It’s been great sharing all the ups and downs with you guys. I am really glad you guys got into Johnson (hamm0) and Fuqua (jumsumtak). Finally thanks to all the readers of this blog. It’s been fun keeping you guys in the loop even during the tougher times!

Next steps

By my count there are only 6 months before I land in Hanover but there seems to be a ton of things on my to do list already:

• Order official transcripts
  • Pay deposit
  • Decide whether to go to ASW (more on this later)
  • Organise finances
  • Apply for financial aid
  • Do the homework we have already been assigned! (yes seriously, turns out everyone gets an mbamath account to do before starting
That’s just the basic administrative things and doesn’t include anything to do with work. The next 6 months is going to fly by I imagine and I will be in Fall A before I know it.

One thing I am extremely conscious about is making time for my friends and family. This whole process has been pretty time consuming and it means I have not spent as much time with friends, family, girlfriend as much as I wanted to. I will definitely be making the most of the next 6 months making up for lost time. This brings me onto the Tuck Admitted Students Weekend (ASW). I’m not going to lie, it sounds absolutely amazing and I am really eager to meet my future classmates as soon as possible. However there is a relatively substantial cost involve for me to get to Hanover. Also it may mean sacrificing a last holiday with my girlfriend before I set off. It’s a very tough decision but having visited Tuck last October, it may be that I will give it a miss. Plenty of time still to change my mind!

When I get a chance, I am going to start a series of posts about the different aspects of the application process and giving a flavour of how I tackled each portion. Hopefully, it will prove useful for future applicants.

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Thanks Dom and hell yea - I'm blog famous.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM The adventures of a (provisional) MBA student: Admitted Student Weekend – Part 1
As I’ve previously mentioned, I was fortunate enough to take the trip over the Atlantic last week to visit Boston. The main reason for the trip was to take part in the Admitted Student Weekend  (ASW) at Harvard Business School.

There’s too much to fit into one post, but the three days of activities were action-packed, as well as being incredibly well organised. Packing the schedules of 400+ excitable students plus partners, with personalised agendas, and making it run like clockwork was an incredible achievement. For this post, I’ll write about the campus and follow up later with ASW itself.

The Baker Library at HBS in the snow. As nice without the snow.

HBS is stunning, far more attractive and inspiring even than Harvard Square across the river. Especially in snow. I found the lack of students and staff worrying – had they closed for the day, and was my class visit planned for the morning off?

“There are no days off at HBS” the student accompanied who me told me later, only half-joking. Once checked in at Admissions and into the Aldrich building for my class visit, I discovered where everyone was. Underground.

Despite all my previous research, I had no idea that the tunnels existed.  Why not, for that added Bond-villain base feel, just build an underground network of tunnels between your buildings? During the snow-storm they were well used.

After thinking this was quite amusing, after a few days in the sub-zero temperatures in Boston they made more and more sense to me. Students can move between dorms, lecture halls, canteens and most other HBS buildings all without stepping foot outside. Most of the buildings have levels below ground anyway to avoid congesting the campus so its an easy way to get between activities.

The HBS underground tunnel network. Probably more efficient than London Underground

By afternoon, despite almost a foot of snow falling in the morning, paths were cleared and it was just like a normal cold day.

A significant proportion of my time was spent in the Spangler centre, drinking warm drinks and chatting to prospective or current students. As it was dubbed during the week, this is really where HBS feels the most ‘country club’, and it oozes elite spendor. It was surprisingly quiet though, with many students in between classes studying case materials or tapping at laptops.

Having said that, I met through acquiantances a number of really interesting backgrounds during the two days, and I’m filled with excitement at the conversations I could be having over the next two years here.

The Spangler Lounge (photo from hbs.edu)

Over 75% of HBS students live on campus or nearby, especially RC’s (Required Curriculum – First Years to you or me). Several students advised this in the first year, you simply do not have time to waste travelling home and back again for evening events. Some with families lived in rented houses or apartments but they definitely felt they’d had to make compromises to stay with their family and missed out on some evening activities.

The last bit I had a look at was some of the student accomodation. The apartments are unfurnished (which is a real pain as an international student), and perhaps a little expensive for what they are. But they are incredibly convenient for campus and on balance I think it’ll be a price worth paying. Friends visiting the dorms said they felt a bit more social, with nice communal areas but reported a wide variation in standard and size of rooms from cheapest to most expensive.

MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: Questions about living in America
As there now a small chance I could be living in America from September here’s my list of random questions:

Accommodation

Should I be worried if there are roaches living in the same building as me?

What facilities are should I expect in a reasonable flat? Should I expect a washing machine or swimming pool?

Food

Where can I get decent tea bags?

Does America sell kettles? (Yes, I’m British.)

What a decent chocolate brand? Hersey doesn’t count.

I have questions more about North Carolina and Durham, but I’il ask those if I get in.

MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
FROM MBA Pensive - Roadmap to MBA Admissions: Have you joined the MOOC Mania?
I did ! It’s wonderful to be part of the revolution in in Education industry. Massive Open Online Courses, commonly known as MOOCs made news recently when Noble prize winning Yale Professor Bob Schiller announced his MOOC course on Financial Management. I was passively witnessing the MOOC revolution but such news in recent time forced me to think seriously about taking MOOCs. I browse through some MOOCs and instantly fell in love with few courses and I signed up for them.

I have signed up for a Wharton Business School’s Operations Management core course which is scheduled to start in first week of March. I have invested 8+ years of life understanding Manufacturing/ Operations in Automobile industry and hence I am excited to know how Operations function work in other industries such as Hospitality, Banking and other service sectors. I fell in love with the course after watching the class intro video. I also liked particularly the real life assignment component track. There are 2 tracks in completing the course either taking series online exams of implementing the knowledge and skills learnt during the course to solve a real life problem. I will be choosing the real life program component because I see lot of problem related to Operations in my day to day life. I am also planning to apply for a verified certificate from Wharton professor with $49 charge at the end of the course.

I have signed up for another interesting course – ‘ What Managers can learn from Philosophers?’. I love philosophy and have been reading about Buddha, Osho and Jiddu Krishnamurthy since my adolescence. I have also been practicing Vipassana – a Buddhist meditation for last 10 years or so. Considering this I was intrusted in understanding the connection between Business and Philosophy. The course is offered by Ecole University, Paris. I am excited to learn from the course and implement those perspective in my daily life.

In my opinion, if you are already done with your GMAT or waiting for the next application cycle or waiting for R2 decisions then MOOC is a great way to complement your Business school aspiration. There are currently two great MOOC sources – edX and Coursera. Although edX is associated with more ivy league universities, I personally liked Coursera because it has more relevant Business courses. Wharton’s entire Core curriculum is available on Coursera and that’s really exciting.

Although the dropout rate after signing the courses in approximately 90 % or so, I am committed to completing the course on schedule with proper scheduling of my time and resources. I am beginning to realize that if there is one thing that excite me all the time is LEARNING new things and MOOCs are genuine treasure for me.

I encourage readers of this blog to at least go through the Coursera and edX sites and I am sure your will come across something that really excites you. Go for it !!

Filed under: MBA Application Process Tagged: Why so serious?

MBA Blogger
Send PM
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey: Interview with acceptedc.om
This is interview season.

My interview with accepted.com has just been published: https://blog.accepted.com/2014/02/17/mba-applicant-blogger-interview-with-sarah/

Below are some my favourite posts from their back catalogue:

https://blog.accepted.com/2013/12/20/aiming-for-imd-an-admitted-student-shares-his-story-and-advice/

https://blog.accepted.com/2013/10/25/interview-with-nonprofit-older-b-school-applicant-mba-my-way/

https://blog.accepted.com/2012/10/19/mba-applicant-blogger-interview-sassafrass-journey/

https://blog.accepted.com/2012/10/18/how-to-juggle-work-and-school/

https://blog.accepted.com/2013/06/21/mba-applicant-blogger-interview-with-tim/

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  48