Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:51 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 246
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Re: sequencing the order of books ( self study ) [#permalink]
ThomasHall wrote:
Hi. You have acquired some good prep materials, but you certainly do not need all of them. Here is what I recommend:

With four months to prep, use the MGMAT guides. Cut the Kaplan book from your study plan as it is less in depth. Use the OG 12 to support your learning of the MGMAT strategies. You can sub in the Powerscore CR bible for the MGMAT Critical Reasoning book if you desire. Don't use both of those books as the strategies will conflict.

Kaplan 800 can be used later in your prep once you have mastered most of the strategies. Or never, as it is not great. Notice that I told you books not to use. More books do not always yield more effective prep.

What is your starting score? Its impossible to tell you whether 700+ is reasonable in 4 months without knowing where you are beginning.

Finally, I strongly recommend you pick up my guide to GMAT self-study: GMAT Clarity (amazon link). It will ensure that you prep intelligently and maximize your score in the least amount of time possible. It was designed for dedicated self-studiers such as yourself.

Thank u sir...i wrote free diagnostic of manhattan, veritas and my scores are 590, 620 respectively with Q45 and V21/22....this was taken without any preparation....is it realistic on my part to get 700+ on 4 months or should i make it 6 months?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
The average of your diagnostics is a 605, and you want to reach 700+. To raise your score 100 points will take around 150 hours if you prep intelligently (ie with a private tutor, an elite course, or using my book GMAT Clarity). That would be about 9 hours of prep a week for four months. That is very doable.
GMAT Club Bot