Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 13:17 It is currently 03 May 2024, 13:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Congratulations!!!! I have still not heard a peep and it's driving me nuts. Nothing to do but keep waiting I suppose!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You know I really hope I make the cut and a lot will depend on my essays , creative third essay , my extra curricular activites, which are plenty and my recos, one of which is from a NYU alumni as somehow I need to edge my low verbal score.

Also, I was looking at the profiles of the candidates who got in and really the impressive ones have made it in. The rest of us have a equal chance but just a little prediction :)!! I think we should hear from one of the following profiles soon :)!!!

kidderek
Missayyy
Bozo190101
neelesh
antihero
joe678
farmap
dwon618
Alpine26
FingerscrossedNYU
BusinessGuru

Originally posted by langonefall08 on 25 Jun 2008, 12:50.
Last edited by langonefall08 on 25 Jun 2008, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My profile is so-so, which is why I was REALLY surprised to hear back so soon! I was also under the impression that the high gmat scorers heard back the quickest. To be honest, and a number of people who have seen my essays can attest to this, I believe my creative essay put me a little over the edge!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Kudos
Tenore wrote:
I am IN!!!

Me too! However, my status on the site was not updated until I received the email- I checked 1 hr before and saw the standard message. I have under 3 years of work experience- so I am glad to be in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Wow, congrats to everyone who has gotten in. I hate the wait, however, I need to deal with it because with my profile I probably won't hear until July 31st!

Tangargoo, I think my creative essay was also probably the strongest part of my application. What did you do for your, if you don't mind me asking...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats Lgold! :-D Glad to see some hope for the youngin's! I think that is the aspect of my app that I'm overanalyzing the most right now...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who got in!! This is awesome. I hope we continue the "I am in" trend!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
metiko wrote:
Wow, congrats to everyone who has gotten in. I hate the wait, however, I need to deal with it because with my profile I probably won't hear until July 31st!

Tangargoo, I think my creative essay was also probably the strongest part of my application. What did you do for your, if you don't mind me asking...

Hey metiko - I sent you a PM about my creative essay. Not sure if people usually disclose these things on the forums here!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
Not sure if people usually disclose these things on the forums here!

Why not? You all got in already. And it's not like anyone can re-use your idea. If they did, adcom would find out right away, when they see the same exact idea being used..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yubjun wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:
Not sure if people usually disclose these things on the forums here!

Why not? You all got in already. And it's not like anyone can re-use your idea. If they did, adcom would find out right away, when they see the same exact idea being used..

I'm not sure. Just saying that as I was coming up with ideas for mine, I tried looking through all the threads here and didn't recall anyone posting theirs. I do recall seeing a dedicated thread to this somewhere here, but I think you needed permissions to view it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have never really understood why no one has shared their creative essay ideas in the forums. Every Stern Alumni I have spoken to has never hesitated to share his/her idea.

So why not break the trend and post our creative ideas in this thread(or a different one)?

I don't mind sharing mine..
I created a wikipedia page of myself ( I made it funny too).. couple of my friends even believed that it really exists in the wikipedia site..

Am I in trouble now??? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BusinessChic wrote:
I have never really understood why no one has shared their creative essay ideas in the forums. Every Stern Alumni I have spoken to has never hesitated to share his/her idea.

So why not break the trend and post our creative ideas in this thread(or a different one)?

I don't mind sharing mine..
I created a wikipedia page of myself ( I made it funny too).. couple of my friends even believed that it really exists in the wikipedia site..

Am I in trouble now??? :shock:

Oh, that's so awesome... That's such a great idea!

Although my third essay presented a good view of who I am and offered a glimpse at my personality, it wasn't extremely creative. There were some interesting creative pursuits in my life that I talked about, so I probably didn’t appear too excessively unimaginative.

I bet the adcom probably gets a kick out of reading these. Think of all the possibilities and wild ideas that are out there…
Manager
Manager
Send PM
The database was just updated. The count is now 142.
It appears that at least 30% of the fall ‘08 spots have been filled so far.

As a side note, I submitted my deposit yesterday and, at about 2PM today, I got the acknowledgement that NYU received it (no email, just another change to my status page saying they are in receipt of deposit).

They seem to have updated the new student database at about 2:30ish PM today. I see my info on it (faster than expected). So it seems like a safe presumption that when they update the database, it is an accurate and current indication of the number of confirmed deposited students. I think there is less lag in the database than we presumed. However, it’s probably safe to say that there are currently quite a few admitted students who have not yet deposited or have not received confirmation of the deposit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Tenore.. :) ..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! Let's keep up the good work!!

I updated the profile chart to reflect the recent posts. Lgold, what are your stats? I'll add them to the profile tracker:

p474295#p474295
Intern
Intern
White Female/ 26
700 GMAT
3.5 GPA - Independent Study at NYU (attended for last 2 years of undergrad- was a transfer)
Only 1 job, in finance industry but not finance, under 3 years work experience but rapid growth
3rd essay was not creative
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I am here. Perhaps I am oldest one.
36 yrs old.
GMAT 750
Graduate GPA 3.87
Under: don't know. different system.