It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 04:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Fall 2008

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 48

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: USA
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2008, 17:03
Congrats to all admits and best wishes to those with different decisions from NYU. I have been following this particular topic board for a while now. Here is my profile for info purpose:

-Weekend option
-29/F/American
-6 years of WE
-720 GMAT (88% V, 89%Q, 5.5 AW)
-2.5 UG GPA (uh, a long story.....)
-Some extra-cur during UG, but nothing extremely exciting
-Took several graduate level courses as a non-matriculating student after college: 2 engineering courses with a 3.0 GPA and then 4 MBA courses with a 3.8 GPA.

This rolling admission is a new style to me. I am just very nervous and check the status many times a day! I actually have two questions for everyone:

1. If the adcom needs additional info, would you be able to see the request on the status webpage?
2. (This is for everyone still waiting) Has anyone been accepted at another school? Here is my situation. My safety school (NOT NYU, of course) has offered me admission and wants the non-refundable (keyword here...) deposit way before August 1st. I just feel that I very likely won't hear from NYU before the deposit deadline for my safety school. The deposit amount is $300. It's not much as far as a deposit amount goes. But...I can fill up my gas tank a few times with that amount!

Thank you all for your time.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2008, 20:42
Hey guys, I haven't visited this site in a while..but since I'm in, I can comfortably check back often :)

Stats:
Received Notification June 18th - Weeknight Option
Indian Male - 25
Gmat: 700
GPA: 3.0 - Computer Science Degree
Work in a Big Bank (3.5 Years) - Technology

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 08:04
hi all,

for those interested in the verification process, kroll called my office this past week and asked about salary, start date, and title. so i'm hoping to hear back from them soon. have any admits finished this process yet? it seems to take an awfully long time -- i'm going on week 3 and i just want it to be done already.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2008
Posts: 109

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: Queens, NY
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 08:26
Thanks nyu08, that's good to know. Was your contact able to provide that info, or did they need to call HR?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 09:03
they asked for HR, but our office is small so we don't really have an HR department. my co-worker who handles these types of issues told me about the call.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 09:29
I started my kroll verification process last week, and haven't heard anything yet.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 12:49
jerseygirl wrote:
Congrats to all admits and best wishes to those with different decisions from NYU. I have been following this particular topic board for a while now. Here is my profile for info purpose:

-Weekend option
-29/F/American
-6 years of WE
-720 GMAT (88% V, 89%Q, 5.5 AW)
-2.5 UG GPA (uh, a long story.....)
-Some extra-cur during UG, but nothing extremely exciting
-Took several graduate level courses as a non-matriculating student after college: 2 engineering courses with a 3.0 GPA and then 4 MBA courses with a 3.8 GPA.

This rolling admission is a new style to me. I am just very nervous and check the status many times a day! I actually have two questions for everyone:

1. If the adcom needs additional info, would you be able to see the request on the status webpage?
2. (This is for everyone still waiting) Has anyone been accepted at another school? Here is my situation. My safety school (NOT NYU, of course) has offered me admission and wants the non-refundable (keyword here...) deposit way before August 1st. I just feel that I very likely won't hear from NYU before the deposit deadline for my safety school. The deposit amount is $300. It's not much as far as a deposit amount goes. But...I can fill up my gas tank a few times with that amount!

Thank you all for your time.


Hey glad to see another person with similar profile as mine! Good luck to both of us!


Regarding your questions, yes to first question as far as I know, and to the second question, if NYU rejects, would you attend that safety school? If so, I would pay the deposit. But I would probably do so last minute.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Posts: 224

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 12:54
No news this week either. Next week is a short week so I guess we can hope for some momentum maybe middle of July. This wait is exhausting and a trifle distracting. Can you guys get a lot covered at work? I am having a hard time focusing.

Have a good weekend everyone!
_________________

Believe in yourself.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 13:26
Can someone please give us the updated database count ?

Thanks in advance....

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 14:11
nyu08 wrote:
hi all,

for those interested in the verification process, kroll called my office this past week and asked about salary, start date, and title. so i'm hoping to hear back from them soon. have any admits finished this process yet? it seems to take an awfully long time -- i'm going on week 3 and i just want it to be done already.


Does the verfification process start after or before you got offer?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 135

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 15:24
1
This post received
KUDOS
langonefall08 wrote:
Can someone please give us the updated database count ?

Thanks in advance....


It looks like it hasn't changed from 142.

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Posts: 48

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: USA
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 18:26
yubjun wrote:

Hey glad to see another person with similar profile as mine! Good luck to both of us!


Regarding your questions, yes to first question as far as I know, and to the second question, if NYU rejects, would you attend that safety school? If so, I would pay the deposit. But I would probably do so last minute.


Thanks. Good luck to the both of us indeed!

I would attend the safety school if I get a ding from NYU. The deposit has to be postmarked by July 3rd. I am really hoping to get an answer from NYU next week because I prefer to use that $300 toward the NYU deposit.

I am guessing that the adcom will be releasing a lot of decision within the first two weeks of July. Is my assumption reasonable?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 135

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2008, 21:06
jerseygirl wrote:
I am guessing that the adcom will be releasing a lot of decision within the first two weeks of July. Is my assumption reasonable?


Yes, absolutely. July 1 and 2 have the potential to be a very active days.
July 3 will likely be extremely quiet.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2008, 07:31
welldone2008 wrote:
nyu08 wrote:
hi all,

for those interested in the verification process, kroll called my office this past week and asked about salary, start date, and title. so i'm hoping to hear back from them soon. have any admits finished this process yet? it seems to take an awfully long time -- i'm going on week 3 and i just want it to be done already.


Does the verfification process start after or before you got offer?



The verification process starts after you are admitted.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Posts: 224

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2008, 08:01
Is it just me or has the anxiety just increased since July is here and there is no news of admissions...hoping for a good week..
_________________

Believe in yourself.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2008, 09:08
bozo190101 wrote:
Is it just me or has the anxiety just increased since July is here and there is no news of admissions...hoping for a good week..


At this point, I am so deflated that I have assumed that I will not get in. I tell all my friends, that I have 5% chance of getting in. I used to tell them 50%. Next week, it will be probably 4%.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2008
Posts: 109

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: Queens, NY
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2008, 10:53
Why are you deflated, yubjun? It seems like you have a really good profile and a lot of work experience. How were your essays?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2008, 13:46
Tangaroo wrote:
Why are you deflated, yubjun? It seems like you have a really good profile and a lot of work experience. How were your essays?


Thanks for the kind words. But it's just the waiting..and also looking at the profiles of accepted students..and comparing them against mine...I will only feel better, when I see someone with similar profile or myself be admitted...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2008, 14:46
No admits today... ???
Last year I was finally dinged around 3rd week of Aug (after getting waitlisted for a month or so)
Wait sucks, but I guess it is still better than the ding decision.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: New York, NY
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2008, 15:11
There are 150 people in the database now.
_________________

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008   [#permalink] 30 Jun 2008, 15:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  60    Next  [ 1200 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Langone Fall 2008

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.