Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
The stats provided by Sentiment are accurate. They were sent in an email to current students by the Director of Admissions.

balboa wrote:
I am not sure where someone got the class (of 2011) profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
How's everyone doing on the Cornell app and essays? October 6th is getting real close real fast. Just out of curiosity, how has everyone handled the work experience section of the app? It doesn't appear as though you can report multiple positions with the same employer...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
 Q44  V46
Send PM
I'm throwing my hat in the ring for R2!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
 Q44  V46
Send PM
Guys, I've been taking a stab at the #3 Table of Contents Essay.

I think it may be helpful to drop by a library, grab a couple of biographies/autobiographies and take a look at how the Table of Contents are written. See if anything are particularly inspiring and if there is anything to learn from them.

I'm personally going to go with the Harry Potter Style:

1. Harry Potter and the Winged Mysteries of America
2. Harry Potter and the Charred Corpse of the Economy
3. Harry Potter and the Resilient Phoenix of Entrepreneurship

etc.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
Count me in R2 AMBA
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Could someone please comment whether Activities is an optional or required doc.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
count me in :)

MBA R1 (submitted on 2 Oct 2009)

710(V35/Q50)
International (TOEFL 110)
WE 5

Originally posted by alnasl on 05 Oct 2009, 23:09.
Last edited by alnasl on 05 Oct 2009, 23:12, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
rohitmakkad wrote:

I think it is required.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohitmakkad wrote:

If you don't have any collegiate activities or employment, post-collegiate activities, or hobbies or activities to report, you're in trouble...

Just submitted with 1 day to spare. Did everyone who submitted round 1 apply for the Park Fellowship?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Skye10 wrote:
rohitmakkad wrote:

If you don't have any collegiate activities or employment, post-collegiate activities, or hobbies or activities to report, you're in trouble...

Just submitted with 1 day to spare. Did everyone who submitted round 1 apply for the Park Fellowship?

Is that not for US citizen and some more categories, but not for all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohitmakkad wrote:
Skye10 wrote:
rohitmakkad wrote:

Is that not for US citizen and some more categories, but not for all.

That's correct. You have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for Park...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Hey guys, I'm currently a master's student at Cornell and I'll be applying for a dual degree with the MBA. I'm throwing my hat in for RD 3. I know it's a bit late, but according to what a member of the adcom told me the other day, it is perfectly fine for me to do so and will have no negative impact.

Btw, I have a friend who is a 1st year at the Johnson school, and I of course hang out on the Cornell campus/Ithaca daily, so if you guys have any questions...fire away!

I think what I'm most curious about is what Cornell's reputation is in the real world. I don't really come from a serious business background, and things are a bit biased here in Ithaca :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
This first quarter we have had companies on campus for recruiting pretty much every night. Some of the companies:

Bain
Goldman
JP Morgan
J & J
P & G
Amazon
AMEX
and lots more 8-)

You can also look at our top employers on the Johnson website....the list is very similar to the other top schools. Its a great place here mainly because of me.

From Johnson Admissions:

In US News & World Report we fell one spot and lost one point out of 100. We think this movement is minor and we'll probably move up or down in the next ranking--that is how rankings work. Here is some data from the summary page that might interest you: 1.) we were more selective than Chicago, Duke and Darden--all of whom ranked above us; 2.) our average salary and bonus was higher than Yale, Duke and UCLA--all of whom ranked above us; 3.) our employment rate at graduation was higher than MIT, Columbia, Yale and UCLA--all of whom ranked above us; 4.) our employment rate 3 months after graduation was higher than Wharton, MIT, Michigan and UCLA--all of whom were ranked above us. All of these school noted above are good to great schools--no one would argue that. The point here is that while we fell 1 place in the ranking we are still one of the top schools in the country for many reasons and on many data points.

Forbes announced their rankings earlier this week and we moved up from 10 to 7.

VictoryMBA wrote:
Hey guys, I'm currently a master's student at Cornell and I'll be applying for a dual degree with the MBA. I'm throwing my hat in for RD 3. I know it's a bit late, but according to what a member of the adcom told me the other day, it is perfectly fine for me to do so and will have no negative impact.

Btw, I have a friend who is a 1st year at the Johnson school, and I of course hang out on the Cornell campus/Ithaca daily, so if you guys have any questions...fire away!

I think what I'm most curious about is what Cornell's reputation is in the real world. I don't really come from a serious business background, and things are a bit biased here in Ithaca :-D
Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management and Consulting
Schools:Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Hi raabend,

Wow, i didnt knw companies would come so early for recruiting.

I had submitted my AMBA application for round 1. Good luck to everyone else out there who submitted for Round 1.

Can i ask you as to whether its possible to get jobs in international locations right after MBA. I mean do companies come on campus for overseas jobs. I might want to come back to Asia in the consulting sector post MBA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
bpr81 wrote:

Can i ask you as to whether its possible to get jobs in international locations right after MBA. I mean do companies come on campus for overseas jobs. I might want to come back to Asia in the consulting sector post MBA.

companies are actively recruiting for international locations (esp. emerging markets). So far we have had CPG companies, banks, consulting companies mention recruiting for MBAs with work authorization in international markets. Recruiters who come on campus generally do not come for international positions but do a great job in connecting students to their international counterparts.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management and Consulting
Schools:Cornell AMBA($$), Kellogg MBA(w/d), Ross(w/d), Ivey MBA(w/d), Haas
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Thanks sentiment.

That info is a real help in easing my fears of being stuck on my own, if i need to find a job in asia post mba.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Skye10 wrote:
Hi Raabend, I definitely enjoyed and appreciated all of the enthusiastic discussion that took place between all of the thread participants (it took me several days to get thru all 71 pages of it). However, some of the dialogue raised some red flags in the back of my mind. While I have no idea who is correct - the gmat club opiners or the adcom - the admittance statistics confusion discussed in the mid-20s pages and the typically "unpleasant" interview experiences with alumni that's talked about on page 30 are some examples. Also, while I don't want to single any one person out, there was one comment made in the middle of page 30 that was particularly alarming:
A couple other things that really surprised me. She [a member of career services] talked down Cornell a lot! She said that Harvard, Wharton, Columbia and Chicago are much better at placing on the buyside (obviously! that's why everyone at cornell was dinged by cbs!) and she said the asset management immersion, student run fund and virtual trading floor were not that helpful in recruiting! Later she more or less said, cornell makes worker bees not CEOs...
I'm still very much interested in Johnson, but the need to make sure that Cornell will provide what I'm looking for in a business school has become that much more critical...

As a May grad I can tell you the above is mostly true...except that everyone at Cornell was dinged by CBS...this is NOT true...believe it or not some people who get into CBS/equiv schools sometimes pick Cornell...now if they end up happy with that decision is another story....
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  72