Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [6]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Kudos
well, it's finally out of my hands :? . had my interview on campus yesterday morning. i drove up from the NYC area monday afternoon. spent most of the day driving around boston with my gf. we hit up a few of the more touristy places, while at the same time looking for a place that had clam chowder and lobster bisque. we failed to find one single place :( . later at night we got back to the room (courtyard cambridge) (edit: highly recommend this hotel if you have AAA. huge room, great facilities, 3 mins from school, $99 with AAA membership card) and watched some of the yankees game. the yankees decided to suck that night so we wound up turning off the game. i did some last minute prep for my interview, although i really didnt know if that would help all that much.

apparently something i ate that night (i think) didnt sit well in my stomach. i had a stomachache all night, and i hoped that i would be able to sleep it off. i woke up the next morning and it was just as bad. i tried to eat some breakfast thinking i was just hungry, but it just made it worse. luckily i still had some time and i went to a 7-11 and bought some pepto bismol 20 mins before the int. as advertised, it started working in under 15 mins. golden

i got to the interview place and there were 2 other guys there, one who had the same time slot as me, and the other who had his 30 mins after. we made small talk until our interviewers came to get us from the waiting area.

the interview.... well, as has been posted various times on the forums - it's very custom tailored to your application. it was a very casual, stress - free interview that was led by the interviewer. the time really seemed to fly by, and i did my best to answer the specific question and not ramble on. off the top of my head, some of the questions:

- what have you been doing since you've applied?
- tell me about project X (i initiated this question somewhat, since it's a project that wasn't on my app)
- why did you choose your undergrad school?
- tell me about your last full time position; what was the company culture like?
- how would you have improved it if you were on management?
- tell me about an organization you think is successful. why are they successful? (this one caught me offguard somewhat)
- tell me about one that you think is not successful. why ?
- what positive thing would your coworkers say about you?
- what is a negative thing they would say?
- what unique aspect would you bring to the class?
- tell me about a difficult group you've worked with. how did you motivate them?
- anything else you want me to know about you?

the time literally flew by. it seemed like i was there for 5 mins when she told me we were out of time. i was pretty nervous at first, but i settled down after the first question. by no means was it a perfect interview. i think i had room to expand on some of my answers. however at the same time i came away glad that i didn't blank out on any question, and that i gave (IMO) decent answers. and now i wait.. if it's meant to happen, then it will. in the meantime im going to finish up my apps to my other schools so that i can have some options. good luck to everyone else interviewing in the next few weeks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi can anyone tell me if there are any open slots for London. Know it is a long shot but stil....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
 Q47  V42
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
well, it's finally out of my hands :? . had my interview on campus yesterday morning. i drove up from the NYC area monday afternoon. spent most of the day driving around boston with my gf. we hit up a few of the more touristy places, while at the same time looking for a place that had clam chowder and lobster bisque. we failed to find one single place :( . later at night we got back to the room (courtyard cambridge) and watched some of the yankees game. the yankees decided to suck that night so we wound up turning off the game. i did some last minute prep for my interview, although i really didnt know if that would help all that much.

apparently something i ate that night (i think) didnt sit well in my stomach. i had a stomachache all night, and i hoped that i would be able to sleep it off. i woke up the next morning and it was just as bad. i tried to eat some breakfast thinking i was just hungry, but it just made it worse. luckily i still had some time and i went to a 7-11 and bought some pepto bismol 20 mins before the int. as advertised, it started working in under 15 mins. golden

i got to the interview place and there were 2 other guys there, one who had the same time slot as me, and the other who had his 30 mins after. we made small talk until our interviewers came to get us from the waiting area.

the interview.... well, as has been posted various times on the forums - it's very custom tailored to your application. it was a very casual, stress - free interview that was led by the interviewer. the time really seemed to fly by, and i did my best to answer the specific question and not ramble on. off the top of my head, some of the questions:

- tell me about project X (i initiated this question somewhat, since it's a project that wasn't on my app)
- tell me about your last full time position; what was the company culture like?
- tell me about an organization you think is successful. why are they successful? (this one caught me offguard somewhat)
- tell me about a difficult group you've worked with. how did you motivate them?

the time literally flew by. it seemed like i was there for 5 mins when she told me we were out of time. i was pretty nervous at first, but i settled down after the first question. by no means was it a perfect interview. i think i had room to expand on some of my answers. however at the same time i came away glad that i didn't blank out on any question, and that i gave (IMO) decent answers. and now i wait.. if it's meant to happen, then it will. in the meantime im going to finish up my apps to my other schools so that i can have some options. good luck to everyone else interviewing in the next few weeks

Cool - thanks for the update. Sounds like you did great. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
 Q50  V48
Send PM
Thanks for posting, shadowsjc. It sounds like it went well! I'm scheduled the week after next, so I'm starting to sweat...
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
HCGirl10 wrote:
Thanks for posting, shadowsjc. It sounds like it went well! I'm scheduled the week after next, so I'm starting to sweat...

I know how you feel...I'll be up there next week...good thing I'm busy at work otherwise it would be a wreak!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
shadowsjc wrote:
well, it's finally out of my hands :? . had my interview on campus yesterday morning. i drove up from the NYC area monday afternoon. spent most of the day driving around boston with my gf. we hit up a few of the more touristy places, while at the same time looking for a place that had clam chowder and lobster bisque. we failed to find one single place :( . later at night we got back to the room (courtyard cambridge) (edit: highly recommend this hotel if you have AAA. huge room, great facilities, 3 mins from school, $99 with AAA membership card) and watched some of the yankees game. the yankees decided to suck that night so we wound up turning off the game. i did some last minute prep for my interview, although i really didnt know if that would help all that much.

Thanks for the feedback! Keeping my fingers crossed now!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
@shadowsjc Thanks for the update. I'm sure HBS would find you a worthy applicant. good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
guys--i was just going through my application for HBS, and I realized that I made a mistake. On the question where it asks for the number of months for work experience, I screwed up and wrote the number of months that I had worked upto application, forgetting to add 12 months to it (because they ask for it up time of matriculation). So instead of 36 months, I wrote 24 months.

How bad is this mistake? I got an interview, so I could clarify during the interview (which is tomorrow), but just wanted to hear your thoughts
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V42
Send PM
forzviol wrote:
guys--i was just going through my application for HBS, and I realized that I made a mistake. On the question where it asks for the number of months for work experience, I screwed up and wrote the number of months that I had worked upto application, forgetting to add 12 months to it (because they ask for it up time of matriculation). So instead of 36 months, I wrote 24 months.

How bad is this mistake? I got an interview, so I could clarify during the interview (which is tomorrow), but just wanted to hear your thoughts

I'd just let them know that you found the mistake. Its an honest mistake, and I'm not sure it will carry any weight. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gluck to those who interviewed - can anyone still see London slots?

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
 Q48  V51
Send PM
guitarguru wrote:
Gluck to those who interviewed - can anyone still see London slots?

Posted from my mobile device

there's nothing open anywhere in europe from what i can see.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:dont know yet
Send PM
garbus222,

how do you like your time in HBS? i plan to apply to HSB, i don't care if they take me * mind games*or not, but going to give it my all, next year EA.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
 Q48  V51
Send PM
i don't think HBS has any early action/ early admission process. they just have 3 separate, non-binding rounds.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
New message from the HBS Admissions blog:

"Update on Round 1 Interviews
Date: November 06, 2009
I know I promised an update about interviews. They are in full swing on campus and elsewhere. We are still sending out interview invitations - maybe 50 or so more may go out before December 15 - plus waitlist invitations to some of those who have not received an interview invitation. In terms of "where" these interviews might be held, we anticipate they would likely take place on campus in Boston during December or via telephone.

We also want to share with you the list ( https://www.hbs.edu/mba/profiles/undergrad.html ) we just compiled of the undergraduate schools represented in the last three classes at HBS."

https://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/blog-all.html
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Kudos for admitting someone from a "lesser known" school with a 4.0 gpa and 780 gmat?

Now that's diversity. :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
So bummed I didnt even get an interview invite.

Its a shame we can't get feedback!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Strategy
 Q51  V47
Send PM
billyjeans wrote:
Kudos for admitting someone from a "lesser known" school with a 4.0 gpa and 780 gmat?

Now that's diversity. :P

LOL! I figured it is just HBS' way of telling me. Hey your college that doesn't have a CEEB code isnt the reason you didn't get in. YOU are!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  79   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts