Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Tuck
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Consulting for Portfolio Company
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2010 CBS Applicants (MERGED) [#permalink]
Anybody heard anything these last couple of days? It's starting to get a little ridiculous. Anyone recently contact admissions? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re contacting admissions...I was thinking about doing so last Friday but decided to hold off after someone on this thread said it could be a risky move.

I'm obviously still waiting to hear something...although only 3 weeks as of today since my interview feedback was complete so not nearly as long as some people here.

I really don't know what they're waiting for at this point. The 4/16 deposit deadline is well over a week past and the 12 weeks after review/2 weeks after interview guidelines seem to have been completely abandoned.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
All, good luck on your waitlist. The wait must be excruciating.

Best of luck again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I called again. They said I would hear "within the next few days" so I am hoping it will be this week.

Re it being "risky" to call. I was very matter-of-fact about the conversation. I said it had been more than 12 weeks since my application went under review, and also more than 2 weeks since my interviewer submitted feedback. I simply wanted to check in, etc. They seemed understanding.
Current Student
Send PM
Is anyone out there still waiting for an interview invite like me? Anyone???
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Kudos
If you applied late in the process, you are at a significant disadvantage.

Unless you have a very legitmate reason on why you applied so late, they will take the hint that you were not serious about them to begin with.

However, you can probably override this if you're an exceptional candidate that merits an entrance over all those who are currently on the waitlist. Exceptional can mean many things - someone who has saved 20 kids in a village in a remote region in africa, or someone who has generic accounting experience. It is whatever the school needs to round out a diverse class body.

Of course, this is all my speculation.

Good Luck.

milias wrote:
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured and what someone from CBS admissions told me. There was someone from last year's thread who, like me, applied on the last day possible, and he/she still got an interview. Not saying that I'm "exceptional," but hoping that I do help round out the class in some way; otherwise, I'll be headed to Ross.

bigfernhead wrote:
If you applied late in the process, you are at a significant disadvantage.

Unless you have a very legitmate reason on why you applied so late, they will take the hint that you were not serious about them to begin with.

However, you can probably override this if you're an exceptional candidate that merits an entrance over all those who are currently on the waitlist. Exceptional can mean many things - someone who has saved 20 kids in a village in a remote region in africa, or someone who has generic accounting experience. It is whatever the school needs to round out a diverse class body.

Of course, this is all my speculation.

Good Luck.

milias wrote:

Originally posted by milias on 28 Apr 2010, 07:01.
Last edited by milias on 28 Apr 2010, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i also called just to make sure things were in order because it had been over 12 weeks since i went under review. i think there may be a risk in demanding a decision asap versus a threat to drop out of the process, but i certainly dont see any risk in making sure everything is "ok" considering that they repeatedly communicated 12 weeks and basically did not adhere to that policy. in fact, for people that have been waiting so long - particularly those that may not check threads like this - i cant imagine why you wouldnt call, as it is incredibly confusing. to be clear, i have not been told i have been waitlisted or anything.

as for the response, they basically told me there was no deadline or timeframe they could communicate to me at this point. i am at least encouraged someone got the "next few days" feedback.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the same "few days" reply when I called early last week but nothing till this point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Its been over a month since my interview and 16 weeks since my application went under review. When can I expect to hear back?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
For what it's worth, my application has been withdrawn -- one more space for one of you! Good luck! - it's a great school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had really hoped that people would be hearing today. I'm starting to think that whoever mentioned the class is full was right....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Tuck
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Consulting for Portfolio Company
Send PM
I'm going to have to agree with JimmyJ. The wait has just been too long. I feel like we've been waitlisted without actually being given the notification. Hey, Aenigma, can you please tell us your background to see if we fit into your mold to take your spot? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Marcus7 wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with JimmyJ. The wait has just been too long. I feel like we've been waitlisted without actually being given the notification. Hey, Aenigma, can you please tell us your background to see if we fit into your mold to take your spot? Thanks.

You can view my profile here. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I called admissions today...under the pretense of it was past "12 weeks/2 weeks" and I hadn't heard anything...and they didn't seem to take any issue with me checking in. Wish I could say they told me something that would qualify as an update but their response was that "I should be hearing from them any day now".
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:CBS 2012
Send PM
I wonder if there's an availability heuristic at play here. Perhaps most applicants have already received their answer and are off doing better things, like painting their dog's toenails, than the 10-or-so of us still waiting and stressing. After all, we're the ones with the incentive to keep posting...

For what it's worth, I'm past the *14* week deadline (12 weeks regular + 2 extra with interview) and I feel surprisingly okay about it. Yes, it's frustrating, but all along I've felt like CBS has given me a fair shot, and I'd rather they get it right than fast.

/pseudo-philosophizing
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had really hoped we would hear something today ... Have a good weekend everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81  ...  83