Last visit was: 13 Jun 2024, 17:05 It is currently 13 Jun 2024, 17:05
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:NYU r2, cornell r3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
malbec wrote:
I withdrew my application from Darden.
Best of luck to all!!

where you get in? duke ea?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Looking at the Darden Employment stat, my eyes was fixated at unnecessary details (again!). In the 2009 fulltime employment stat, they list 70 % of the students being male, while 31 % are female. Hmm...why is the excess of 1%?

On a slightly more useful observation, does anyone know when the 2010 fulltime report becomes available? (Or can one see it already somewhere?)

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
Looking at the Darden Employment stat, my eyes was fixated at unnecessary details (again!). In the 2009 fulltime employment stat, they list 70 % of the students being male, while 31 % are female. Hmm...why is the excess of 1%?

On a slightly more useful observation, does anyone know when the 2010 fulltime report becomes available? (Or can one see it already somewhere?)

Thanks!

you do know people can have sex change right?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
almostfamous wrote:

Thanks!

you do know people can have sex change right?

Well, if someone goes through a sex change operation, that someone is still either male OR female. Even in a rare occasion where someone is born with both male and female organ, I doubt that 1 % of the students (in Class of 2009, around 3-4 people) are born with this rare condition :)

As said, this is truly non-essential remark that just caught my wandering eye. My real question is the timing of this year's employment report.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
malbec wrote:
I withdrew my application from Darden.
Best of luck to all!!

where you get in? duke ea?

no, the other with ea
anyone interested in leading the thread??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools:DukeTuck,Kelogg,Darden
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 730  Q50  V38
Send PM
Reapplicant here just wondering... that does darden require a reapplicant essay or not! i couldnt find any mention of it on the website or on the application form.... any one who can confirm this for me... ????
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
Nope, no reapplicant essay for Darden. Not sure why not, but there is no essay.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: M&A
Schools:UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Send PM
Kudos
Two things: 70%, 31% ------ rounding 69.5%, 30.5%?

Re-applicant: There is no reapp essay, I tried to slightly allude to my previous app essay and my growth in one of my essays. I think I wrote just one reference sentence, just to make sure the entire application both last year's and this year's were reviewed as insurance in case they did not recognize the re-application. However, Darden, as usual, knew right away through the simplicity application. They even sent a note about the option to re-interview, I thought it was very professional. Best of luck, cheers!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2135 [1]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
Who has deleted my reply? :?:

pls contact me via pm. we need to talk.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools:DukeTuck,Kelogg,Darden
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 730  Q50  V38
Send PM
ntenzer wrote:

Re-applicant: There is no reapp essay, I tried to slightly allude to my previous app essay and my growth in one of my essays. I think I wrote just one reference sentence, just to make sure the entire application both last year's and this year's were reviewed as insurance in case they did not recognize the re-application. However, Darden, as usual, knew right away through the simplicity application. They even sent a note about the option to re-interview, I thought it was very professional. Best of luck, cheers!

Thanks.... kinda make life difficult without the additional re-applicant essay... never thought i would be pissed at the prospect of writing one less essay.....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
ntenzer wrote:

Yeah, I noticed it too! But then I thought..only at Darden I can get all A's in quant classes. LOL. The stats are usually available in October (if they are favorable) and Dec-Jan if they're not. Some schools like Cornell can delay it by a year or so :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gaga wrote:
ntenzer wrote:

Yeah, I noticed it too! But then I thought..only at Darden I can get all A's in quant classes. LOL. The stats are usually available in October (if they are favorable) and Dec-Jan if they're not. Some schools like Cornell can delay it by a year or so :-)

Hi gaga,
Thanks for the input about Darden employment stat.

According to you, it seems that the fulltime employment stat for Class of 2010 is less than impressive? It is quite a shame for many other top schools have published quite an impressive recovery this year in their employment reports. Does anyone have an idea why Darden is behind in terms of getting their graduates jobs?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
gaga wrote:
ntenzer wrote:

Hi gaga,
Thanks for the input about Darden employment stat.

According to you, it seems that the fulltime employment stat for Class of 2010 is less than impressive? It is quite a shame for many other top schools have published quite an impressive recovery this year in their employment reports. Does anyone have an idea why Darden is behind in terms of getting their graduates jobs?

Darden's focus is great education. It, and Tepper, are the two schools with the toughest curriculum. So students have to give a significant amount of time to classes and in preparing for the classes which reduces time for job search. But if somebody is looking for a great education in a collegial environment, Darden is the place to be.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Darden (wl), Duke (interview), Cornell (interview), Yale (R2), Emory(R2)
 Q49  V39
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Big 4 CPA firms/three years(at matriculation)
Send PM
I'd like to know when is the decision week~~~ I had my interview a week ago. This waiting is killing me :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Gaga,

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that the low stat could also be due to their remote location?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
almostfamous wrote:
Hi Gaga,

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that the low stat could also be due to their remote location?

Yes, that's partly true. But Darden's career office does a good job (otherwise we would be talking about it like we talk about Cornell). Not sure how Cornell will pull off this year...I hope they do well since I really like the people there.

Getting back to Darden...finance sector requires much more networking than consulting, so Darden's location hurts there. Then Darden's network is not strong in the west coast, so technology folks have to compromise. Consulting is great at Darden but then big 4 recruit 1-2 students only. CPG's don't recruit internationals. Danaher recruits heavily at Darden but then do you want to go there (I know I don't!)

So, all in all, IMO only...students wait a little longer to get their dream job and finally settle with whatever they get. I think it must be really hard to compromise after going to an elite school but if people will get the point that Darden offers great education then that'll help a lot! Look at their essays and you'll get the point that they don't focus too much on your career goals...it's the same in their interviews. They look for people who will contribute and fit in the case study method.

I will apply to Darden expecting a great education (top 4 in US..IMO) but will use my personal network to get that dream job.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Kudos
caitlin wrote:
I'd like to know when is the decision week~~~ I had my interview a week ago. This waiting is killing me :shock:

You should expect to hear back the week of January 10th, 2011.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27  ...  86   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6953 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts