Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:28 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [1]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: gmat test [#permalink]
Kudos
If you bought a new set of MGMAT books then you will get access to their section-wise question bank. If you don't have that then just browse this forum for questions(not sure if u can find tests). another option is GMAT CLUB tests but these tests r supposed to b hard , so do it only wen u r scoring really high!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
heygirl wrote:
If you bought a new set of MGMAT books then you will get access to their section-wise question bank. If you don't have that then just browse this forum for questions(not sure if u can find tests). another option is GMAT CLUB tests but these tests r supposed to b hard , so do it only wen u r scoring really high!

thanks a lot heygirl. no i don't have new books. Actually, last week i was reading Manhattan sc there are so many concepts and rules that i get confused, so was looking for some practice. i did og questions but i think sometimes i already know the answers( before solving it)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
 Q39  V20
Send PM
You could try doing the in-action problems at the end of each chapter,may be? When you do the OG questions, concentrate on why the other 4 answers are wrong rather than going with the correct answer. If you follow this approach, you will still have a lot to learn from the OG :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
heygirl wrote:
You could try doing the in-action problems at the end of each chapter,may be? When you do the OG questions, concentrate on why the other 4 answers are wrong rather than going with the correct answer. If you follow this approach, you will still have a lot to learn from the OG :)

thanks once again. should i follow this approach with other topics too .
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [2]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
I totally agree with "heygirl"

I'll illustrate a simple approach.

You'll need:
1. OG, 12th Edition
2. Manhattan SC Guide

Step I: Choose a set of questions from the OG
1. In the OG, SC section, question number 1 to 46 are easy, 47 to 92 are medium and 93 to 140 are hard. So select 3 easy questions, 2 medium questions and 1 hard question.

2. Try and answer them on your own without timing yourself. When you answer each question, write down why you think the option you chose is right and why the other options are wrong. Then compare what you wrote with the explanation given in the OG. Since each answer choice is wrong on multiple accounts, you'll always notice that you overlooked certain errors in each answer choice. Maintain a list of these errors you overlooked. If you have any doubts regarding the rule stated, consult Manhattan GMAT immediately and read the relevant chapter.
3. Repeat the procedure till you finish all the questions in the OG.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Yes, do that. Another option is buy the OG verbal and quant guides. this will give u some more official practice.
good luck
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [2]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/7 ... erence.cfm

^^^

At the end of this article 6 links are given to articles showing how to analyze each and every practice problem that you do!
It's not about solving more problems, it's about learning more from each one of them!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
THANKS FOR THE VALUABLE INFORMATION

Entwistle wrote:
I totally agree with "heygirl"

I'll illustrate a simple approach.

You'll need:
1. OG, 12th Edition
2. Manhattan SC Guide

Step I: Choose a set of questions from the OG
1. In the OG, SC section, question number 1 to 46 are easy, 47 to 92 are medium and 93 to 140 are hard. So select 3 easy questions, 2 medium questions and 1 hard question.

2. Try and answer them on your own without timing yourself. When you answer each question, write down why you think the option you chose is right and why the other options are wrong. Then compare what you wrote with the explanation given in the OG. Since each answer choice is wrong on multiple accounts, you'll always notice that you overlooked certain errors in each answer choice. Maintain a list of these errors you overlooked. If you have any doubts regarding the rule stated, consult Manhattan GMAT immediately and read the relevant chapter.
3. Repeat the procedure till you finish all the questions in the OG.
GMAT Club Bot