Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 07:34 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE 1: semiconductors
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Filling out the employment section and do not see any high-tech in job_function category.

Any other high-tech industry person noticed it...Are engineers supposed to say "information technology" in job function?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
What is everyone filling in the no. of hours slot for extra-curricular activities that are irregular/seasonal? If I calculate an average over a year and divide it by 52(no of weeks), the no might be too insignificant to write about!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
firsttimer2 wrote:
Filling out the employment section and do not see any high-tech in job_function category.

Any other high-tech industry person noticed it...Are engineers supposed to say "information technology" in job function?

I noticed it too! Dang it. No mention of engineering...almost like they don't expect too many to apply/get admitted/join !
I picked others.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
And did you see the dozens of categories for finance?? And not one for pure engineering!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE 1: semiconductors
Send PM
golantrevize wrote:
firsttimer2 wrote:

I noticed it too! Dang it. No mention of engineering...almost like they don't expect too many to apply/get admitted/join !
I picked others.

I am not sure if they want us to pick "IT" or "Others".

Last year i picked others, may be that is why they dinged me after int :)

About the EC, my EC hours in this years app are going to be much less for the same ECs as last year because of averaging them over a longer period. This puts me in a funny spot of writing reduced hours in this year's application when they were higher during last year's app..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
What is the essay format you guys are using...has Wharton specified the spacing and font in the essay document???

what is the general best practice...pls help fast..deadline APPROACHING :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Kellogg
 Q50  V20 GMAT 2: 580  Q49  V20 GMAT 3: 710  Q50  V35
GPA: 3.39
WE 1: Project Engineer (1yr)
WE 2: Analyst(3 yrs)
Send PM
One quick question. For Re-app, we do not have to send the official score if it does not change right?
Also with the transcript, we only have to send the official one once we get an offer. Am I right?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
firsttimer2 wrote:
golantrevize wrote:
firsttimer2 wrote:

I picked others.

I am not sure if they want us to pick "IT" or "Others".

Last year i picked others, may be that is why they dinged me after int :)

About the EC, my EC hours in this years app are going to be much less for the same ECs as last year because of averaging them over a longer period. This puts me in a funny spot of writing reduced hours in this year's application when they were higher during last year's app..

If u spent say 40 hours a year on a particular activity, that's less than 1 hour per week. I don't know if it makes sense putting such a small number in. I might leave it blank for such seasonal activities.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Prapruet wrote:
One quick question. For Re-app, we do not have to send the official score if it does not change right?
Also with the transcript, we only have to send the official one once we get an offer. Am I right?

Thanks

Don't know abt the re-app.
About the Transcript, yes you are right. You have to send the official one only when admitted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
golantrevize wrote:
Prapruet wrote:

Thanks

Don't know abt the re-app.
About the Transcript, yes you are right. You have to send the official one only when admitted.

If you have submitted an application to Wharton and were not successful, we encourage you to reapply for the next academic year. Reapplications make up approximately 10% of Wharton's applicant pool in any given year. Wharton keeps applications on file for two years, so individuals who reapply within this time period do not need to resubmit transcripts or test scores unless there has been a change in these components. The most important thing is that you demonstrate through essays, subsequent career growth, and/or academic preparation that you are a stronger candidate who will add to the Wharton community.

Sorry, I just saw this procedure in the website

thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.63
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Submitted my application yesterday. I was apprehensive and stressed about it but figured that I have to submit it sometime.

I am hoping the advantages of applying in round 1 is worth all the hassle.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
themangoman wrote:

Go to Wharton application portal...there in the application instructions, all the questions are mentioned...even the candidates can view them

Thanks! I found them :-)

1) How long have you known the applicant and describe your relationship to the applicant?

2) Provide an example of constructive feedback you have provided to the applicant. How did the applicant receive this feedback and what efforts did the applicant make to address the concern?

3) Please provide an example of a time when the applicant was particularly successful at interacting with others in a team (employees, peers, managers, etc.); how was the applicant successful? How does the applicant compare to his/her peers in this dimension?

4) How has the applicant’s career progressed over the time that you have known him/her? How does this growth compare to his/her peer group? Please describe the peer group that you are comparing this applicant.

5) Provide any additional comments you think would assist the Admissions Committee in making its decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
submitted yesterday...I am wondering how many R1 applicants were there...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Submitted and feel like I didn't use the extra curriculars section too well. There was zero space to write about it though.

I feel like I didn't get too show much of my personality on the W application as opposed to the HBS one... Oh well.

Any idea when interview invites come out?

Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
mpg2011 wrote:
Submitted and feel like I didn't use the extra curriculars section too well. There was zero space to write about it though.

I feel like I didn't get too show much of my personality on the W application as opposed to the HBS one... Oh well.

Any idea when interview invites come out?

Good luck to everyone!

The Wharton admissions blog says invites will start coming in late October. Ahhhhh!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Submitted for R1.

I was wait listed all the way through summer last year so I only had 3-4 months between my rejection letter and current R1 app submission. Deployed a different strategy this year on essays--complete focus on personal and hopefully my recs will do a good job of highlighting my professional. Will let you all know how that strategy works out. Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kookie wrote:
Submitted for R1.

I was wait listed all the way through summer last year so I only had 3-4 months between my rejection letter and current R1 app submission. Deployed a different strategy this year on essays--complete focus on personal and hopefully my recs will do a good job of highlighting my professional. Will let you all know how that strategy works out. Good luck to all.

Good luck. I was in the same situation.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts