Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 325 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
TurkishDelights wrote:

Wow! that's cool, if so, I hope to get the short list decision before Christmas.

Regarding the video interview:
I was nervous the first 20 seconds of the first question then somehow things got 'normal' and relaxed.
The questions were about "my vision" , INSEAD MBA , diversity and entrepreneurship.

Hi, could you please share what is the entrepreneurship quetions about ? I'm really nervous about this video thing ..... :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
TurkishDelights wrote:
Icecream87 wrote:
TurkishDelights wrote:
[quote="dkvs007"]..done with the video interview..they really have some innovative questions...just keep your basics right and improvise.....by the way any idea when will they start sending interview invites ??

In the admission website, it says from the 13th of Jan but I think it will starting coming 1-2 days before that.

They can even come earlier than that.
R1 deadline was on the 21st, the first invite came on the 7th.

Guys, feel free to write small debriefs of your video interviews so I can add them on the first page. It can always be useful to coming applicants.

Good luck! :-D

Wow! that's cool, if so, I hope to get the short list decision before Christmas.

Regarding the video interview:
I was nervous the first 20 seconds of the first question then somehow things got 'normal' and relaxed.
The questions were about "my vision" , INSEAD MBA , diversity and entrepreneurship.[/quote]

Can you please share what the vision and entrepreneurship questions were?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
meera1435 wrote:
Submitted on Nov 30.
Yet to do video interviews.

GMAT-700

Indian based out of Chicago and a 30 year old woman.

5+ Healthcare sector with experience in Singapore, Denmark and Northern America.

Half wondered for a while if I am too old to go back to school.

All in and eager to see how it goes.

Well. no one is too old ever to learn ! Don't let that noise hinder ambitions.
Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Done with the video interviews.

It wasn't that hard but I am not sure what they are looking for.

My prep was very formulaic. Answer what why when how for every question.

I also noted a few career high points that can apply across questions so I don't waste time thinking of examples.

the practice questions were very useful to correct expressions. I also practiced with a lot of Kellogg and yale questions.

In the actual video interview, I did 5 instead of 4. The video failed in the first one and I was asked to repeat.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Lack of international work experience
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
I faced a problem during the video interview. The 3rd question's recording was that of the 2nd question but the text on the bottom was different. Because of this, I got a bit distracted.
Please advise me if I should contact the Adcom and intimate them regarding this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
gmataroram wrote:
I faced a problem during the video interview. The 3rd question's recording was that of the 2nd question but the text on the bottom was different. Because of this, I got a bit distracted.
Please advise me if I should contact the Adcom and intimate them regarding this.

Yes of course you can contact your application contact first. Call him/her.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
SPIV wrote:
dkvs007 wrote:
..done with the video interview..they really have some innovative questions...just keep your basics right and improvise.....by the way any idea when will they start sending interview invites ??

Can you please tell what were the questions. Just want to have an idea what skillsets they are trying to evaluate please?
Also, considering 45 seconds to think and 1 minute to answer for each question and we have 4 questions...is it getting finished in less than 10 mins? Regarding format, is it same as in practice? I mean when I am done with my 1 question, do I have to click on spacebar to move to next question or do I not have any control once I start my first question?

May I request anyone else who has finished the interview to share those questions for the benefit of community?

Sorry for my late reply guys : I have been in the desert and offline for the past several days...

My practice questions :
- name a company you admire
- what does success mean to you

My real questions :
- why insead
- how would you establish the foundations of your company
- management style
- how did you build your international experience

Enjoy !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Boys & Girls...

Just finished the video interviews.. Interesting experience.. Applying through R2 (obviously).. Hoping for the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Guys, there is a correlation between participation in this forum and admission to Insead. So participate like crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, thanks for your feedbacks and please keep'em flowing. I'll add them to the first page.

Now just relax while you wait and good luck!!! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gmataroram wrote:

Absolutely, it might not even matter but they should def know.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Icecream87 wrote:
Guys, there is a correlation between participation in this forum and admission to Insead. So participate like crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, thanks for your feedbacks and please keep'em flowing. I'll add them to the first page.

Amen to that.

My video interview went OK. I was wearing a suit (I didn't for one other school). INSEAD has my best impression.

Questions were based on leadership, international outlook, ethical dilemma and one that I can't remember.

The one thing that I tried to do in the videos is to highlight WHY INSEAD as that's something I couldn't touch upon a lot in the essays.

I will mention a goof up. In anxiety, I replaced the word 'global' with continental. I hope they don't think I was talking about food.

But I hope I gave them a reason to chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Icecream87 wrote:

haha, I do think so as well ;))))) or maybe just people who take part in this forum tend to spend more time on their applications, don't know :D :D

did my interview as well. the questions were about vision, two qqs on diversity and one on a project that I liked most
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
honestly, the overall advise I can give - practice. First do the questions for Kellog and Yale, that are available on web. then do the qqs from this forum and the last thing - those at the website. There is a high probability that you will get one of the questions listed here.

Don't overdo it as well, should catch a moment when you are ready and not tired already.

I had a suit on, but only on top :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
is anyone going to the Insead MBA meet up sessions being organized? I am going to the one in Chicago today. this one seems to be organized by Maria Reis
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Other, General Management
Schools: LBS '19 (WL)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
So, Video Interviews were submitted yesterday and I honestly cannot remember any of the questions...

Now time to get myself a Christmas gift...ha ha (yes, those are my fingers on the PS4)

All the best to everyone and would the admitted students be kind enough to post the latest figures from the INSEAD MBAConnect site
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V39
Send PM
Hey all

I got the following questions during my interview
1- practice
narrate one situation where non-verbal cues have helped resolving a conflict.

One situation where you felt extremely stressed and how you came out of it ?

2- actual
what is diversity according to you ?( i did well on this one )
Describe one situation where you faced ethical dilemma? how did you resolve ? what factors did you consider while resolving it ?( GOd knows how one is expected to answer all of that in one minute !!)( not sure how well did it go )
What according to you is required to start a successful business and than to run it ?( i spoke about successful entrepreneurship. )
One project which interested you the most and why ?( i already had an answer for this one)

All the best :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts