Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 02:18 It is currently 06 May 2024, 02:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 637 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 2.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Quick Help on Online Courses [#permalink]
sdas wrote:
Info you provided is not appropriate to advise anything. You need to post break ups of your previous score. Your practice assessed strengths and weaknesses and your personal reviews.

No course are made for us, we need to make ourselves fit for these courses, after we know our strengths and weaknesses. I made a mistake once by enrolling blindly, believing reviews of the course, during which I realized the course must be good but not best fit for me.

So be wise in you approach is my take on your situation

I apologize for the lack of info over my scores and areas of strength and weakness for the exam.

My score was 640, with 42-Q and 37-V. My strengths would be predominantly the Quant section, although my scores do not reflect so as of now. Being a non-native speaker I certainly do lack in the Verbal Section, especially SC and CR. I am working to better my situation in these sections. I feel a course which would not only bank more on the Verbal side (from the basics to tougher concepts), but also provide adequate help over Quant section, would be ideal :) But I guess thats prity much the description of the perfect course in the market! :) the only thing being..which one! :)

After reading the reviews under the courses section of the forum, I found GMATPill to be most suited to my needs. Please suggest if my observations are accurate.

I apologize if I sound vague again, while describing the details requested. I am new to this :)

Regards,
Arpan
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 637 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 2.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
Well, this is good to start with. Since you mention you are non native, a similar situation with SC is what I faced myself, and after careful consideration opted for EGmat course. have solid concepts covered on line in their verbal live prep at a minimal cost. However, since I dont know which books you referred till now, my advise might exactly strike the chord. I used MGMAT along with EGMat and it has helped me. Now you need to look at which course you already took and then find a course which does not teach extreme variations in approaches specifically SC. I know many courses - some focus on grammar, some on splits and some on meaning (Egmat), and it depends which one you want.

But ensure, the new course does not clash your previous course. But since you mention 4-5 months, my personal opinion will be Egmat for Verbal for non natives is far suited. While Gmat pill is definitely good, but when I did my research, as a non native, I could not relate to their approach much relevantly.

So introspection will be key here, since forum reviews are very generic and not specified to each one of us.

Hope this helps
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sdas wrote:
Well, this is good to start with. Since you mention you are non native, a similar situation with SC is what I faced myself, and after careful consideration opted for EGmat course. have solid concepts covered on line in their verbal live prep at a minimal cost. However, since I dont know which books you referred till now, my advise might exactly strike the chord. I used MGMAT along with EGMat and it has helped me. Now you need to look at which course you already took and then find a course which does not teach extreme variations in approaches specifically SC. I know many courses - some focus on grammar, some on splits and some on meaning (Egmat), and it depends which one you want.

But ensure, the new course does not clash your previous course. But since you mention 4-5 months, my personal opinion will be Egmat for Verbal for non natives is far suited. While Gmat pill is definitely good, but when I did my research, as a non native, I could not relate to their approach much relevantly.

So introspection will be key here, since forum reviews are very generic and not specified to each one of us.

Hope this helps

I checked out the course and E-GMAT does look promising. Not to mention, the 5 Full-Length tests. GMATPill as of now offers one full-length paper for practice. But, the 6-month validity to the resources does pose a problem :) well I guess you cant have evrything you want :)

Thanks a lot for all the help sdas! :)
GMAT Club Bot