Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 01:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 10:36
Expert's post
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?

At this point, you've done all you can do to make your case. Just try to relax until March (easier said than done).

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:41
How many questions do people usually prepare for interviews? I have my first one next week with Ross (Skype)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 134

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:51
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?

agreed, i was wondering the same today, just twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best I guess..

How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 20:50
aerien wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:

At this point, you've done all you can do to make your case. Just try to relax until March (easier said than done).

Ah shoot, does mean that Ross only sends out admission decisions on March 15??? I interviewed today with Ross and last week with Kellogg so I guess I'm going to have to try to forget all about them for quite some time...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 23:58
I had my Ross interview a couple of days ago. I guess, I did alright. And now the wait. Actually, I may consider sending an update (I am on WL from R1) soon.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE: Business Development (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 12:26
nullvoid325 wrote:
I had my Ross interview a couple of days ago. I guess, I did alright. And now the wait. Actually, I may consider sending an update (I am on WL from R1) soon.

Can you share the questions that were asked and whether you interviewed on campus or with an Alum? Also, great if you can share your profile.
Manager
Manager

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 05:13
nikhil1234 wrote:
nullvoid325 wrote:

Can you share the questions that were asked and whether you interviewed on campus or with an Alum? Also, great if you can share your profile.

Sure. I interviewed with an alum in India. My interview was conversational, and we covered the following topics.
- Why MBA; Why Ross; Why now; My role in team; Learning experience, with some occasional follow-up questions.
Profile: Indian/ M/ 700 GMAT/ 3Y BB Tech + ~1.5Y Financial Consulting.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 09:54
Expert's post
beehagit wrote:
aerien wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:

Ah shoot, does mean that Ross only sends out admission decisions on March 15??? I interviewed today with Ross and last week with Kellogg so I guess I'm going to have to try to forget all about them for quite some time...

Yup. They usually start calling admits a few days before, but you'll have to wait until March to hear anything.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 02:18
Where do I check my application status?

I am finding it extremely difficult to catch up with this page for any school.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 09:04
raghupara wrote:

I'm assuming you are also a R2 applicant and haven't received your invite. Am I correct? :)
Ross does a batch of interview invites... next batch will be this Monday (Feb 4th). No need to check your status until that date.
Btw, I didn't find any app status either

Double check your spam folder and wait for the batch! (I guess we're waiting for the second batch and there is a third coming later)\
EDIT: Easier said than done... I'm freaking out waiting for this e-mail too :)
EDIT2: sorry if my assumptions were wrong! :D
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 14:13
rainfall wrote:
raghupara wrote:

I'm assuming you are also a R2 applicant and haven't received your invite. Am I correct? :)
Ross does a batch of interview invites... next batch will be this Monday (Feb 4th). No need to check your status until that date.

Double check your spam folder and wait for the batch! (I guess we're waiting for the second batch and there is a third coming later)\

About the interview invites Feb 4, do they also send dings to the unlucky ones? Just thinking that an early ding is better that one next month.
Manager
Manager

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 20:43
nyama wrote:
rainfall wrote:
raghupara wrote:

About the interview invites Feb 4, do they also send dings to the unlucky ones? Just thinking that an early ding is better that one next month.

I think they send out the dings and the waitlist notification on the decision date of the respective rounds. As in R1, even if the applicant is not invited to interview in one of the waves, there is still a chance to get waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 05:20
No activity at all!?

Are they not supposed to send the second wave invite today?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 06:35
Can anyone from Interview Invite Wave 1 let us know what time you started receiving the interview invites?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.71
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 08:26
sgrunt wrote:
Can anyone from Interview Invite Wave 1 let us know what time you started receiving the interview invites?

4:30 PM EST. So, chill Winston!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 08:46
Heylo Guys!! Any ideas when would the next set of interview invites be sent out?
Current Student
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 37

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 08:52
StHazard wrote:
Heylo Guys!! Any ideas when would the next set of interview invites be sent out?

You literally couldn't have read 2 posts above?

I understand not wanting to go through 15 pages but honestly, 2 posts dude.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 08:53
EChopeful12 wrote:
StHazard wrote:

He He!!

Thanks
Sumeet
www.midasreturns.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 09:01
vatsas wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:
StHazard wrote:

He He!!

Okay may be I need to rephrase the question: :P
"When is the next round of invites going out after today?"
Do you find that more appealing and answerable now my friend :-D
Current Student
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 37

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 09:06
StHazard wrote:
Okay may be I need to rephrase the question: :P
"When is the next round of invites going out after today?"
Do you find that more appealing and answerable now my friend :-D

Very much so!

I don't think they've posted when the next round will go out (check out the admissions blog on the UM website if you haven't already).
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2013, 09:06