Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]
MarkDM wrote:
Hye dalibor sorry i haven't been on the forum in a while. Anyways I come from Emilia Romagna, and no I'm not a Bocconi Student :-D Did you go to Bocconi, do you come from Italy? Do you maybe know or does anyone know how the italian average is converted in Swiss Grades?? I'd love to know that! 8-)

Linear conversion...if you have a gpa of 3.5 then it will be 5.25/6 converted ;) how old are you..I mean are u still a 3rd year undergrad student or older? have you already sent your app?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I still do not understand...How do you convert your italian weighted average and get your GPA? I'm 22, i finished my degree last october, and yes I already applied, as the deadline is today :lol: did you apply already?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MarkDM wrote:
I still do not understand...How do you convert your italian weighted average and get your GPA? I'm 22, i finished my degree last october, and yes I already applied, as the deadline is today :lol: did you apply already?

linear conversion...like a proportion..the swiss grade system is from 0 to 6, 4 is sufficient...I am quite sure you should solve this proportion

your grade average : 30 = x : 6

if your gpa is 3.5 then you'll have 5.25 converted, you should gain 22/23 points out of 30

application done :)

have you applied anywhere else? what are you gonna do if you are not admitted to St gallen?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would probably kill my self :-D ahah..St.Gallen is my first choice, I applied in Bologna and gonna apply in Bologna as well, wanted to apply in Milan (Bocconi), but it's too expensive for my pockets.

So let's say my average is 27, would my swiss average then be 5.4?
Btw did you apply anywhere else? which university do you come from? how old are you now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MarkDM wrote:
I would probably kill my self :-D ahah..St.Gallen is my first choice, I applied in Bologna and gonna apply in Bologna as well, wanted to apply in Milan (Bocconi), but it's too expensive for my pockets.

So let's say my average is 27, would my swiss average then be 5.4?
Btw did you apply anywhere else? which university do you come from? how old are you now?

I am currently enrolled in International Management in bocconi but I am still a 3rd year undergrad (April 22 years old) with 5 exam to go + thesis
I didn't applied anywhere else because of several reasons (1st cost, 2nd opportunities to travel)
if your average were 27 yes your swiss average would be 5.4

Do you have any work experience? did you do any exchange program/erasmus? I think it will be really difficult to be admitted...you are very lucky because of your 720 that values 5 points more than my 710!

Btw I am from Bocconi, Bologna uni is a great school :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you add me on fb we can chat there :) Mark O'May is my nickname
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MarkDM wrote:
If you add me on fb we can chat there :) Mark O'May is my nickname

mark o'may doesn't exist on fb! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's very weird, tell me your nickname!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
private message
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi everyone. Applicants to MBF have already started receiving admits. How about applicants to SIM? My status is has not changed yet, but maybe someone has already received an admit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
HSG has been sitting on my SIM application for over a month now. "Materielle Pruefung II ok" for 2 weeks or so. I am compulsively checking my emails and will probably go insane if they don't get back to me soon.
It seriously disturbs my world view that the Swiss are slower to respond than the French/Brits :D
Has anybody been accepted to SIM 2012?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
trudeau wrote:
HSG has been sitting on my SIM application for over a month now. "Materielle Pruefung II ok" for 2 weeks or so. I am compulsively checking my emails and will probably go insane if they don't get back to me soon.
It seriously disturbs my world view that the Swiss are slower to respond than the French/Brits :D

Nothing extraordinary. I got my MBF admit after 2.5 months.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
trudeau wrote:

count me in for the wait on SIM, Materielle Prüfung II ok has been occupying the status column for 2 weeks or so, so exactly the same situation as yours :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2.5 months?? Noooooooo!
They told me they are aiming to get the last decisions out by end of May/beginning of June. They also said they were processing the applications on a rolling basis. Since they got my application way ahead of the deadline, I'm really hoping for a decision soon-ish. I already had to turn down HEC, which was supposed to be my backup school :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM