It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 21:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2015, 04:04
Got my offer letter as well this morning ! The wait has been killing me; especially that email on Thursday night saying we will have an answer on Friday ... and then nothing...

Congrats Danieliv and Ruhm, I guess we will see us in August! Do you have any knowledge of a FB group that has already been created for the SIM 2015 intake?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 82

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.53
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2015, 04:24
Just got my offer letter as well! Such a painful wait! danieliv I am Taiwanese too! :)

How does everyone planning to look for an apartment? I am not currently in Europe, so it could be difficult. nestpick.com seems to offer an easier solution, but the pruces are also a bit high. If anyone can recommend a site to look for WG, i'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 82

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2015, 05:02
Congrats everybody !

I believe the programme usually creates an official SIM FB group. I can create one tonight if there is no group already.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2015, 22:33
Here's an unofficial group so we can connect before the semester starts/the official one is created : https://www.facebook.com/groups/686906688082008/

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2015, 07:56
Great thanks for the group ! I joined it

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 15:45
How old are the average applicants to SiM?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 05:13
1812 wrote:
How old are the average applicants to SiM?

I would say this year's intake averages around slightly above 23 (at the start of the programme).

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2016, 08:41
expertus wrote:
Hi, I am wondering who is preparing to apply for the SIM. I am already looking forward to the SIM Master next year, because it is really a great program

Got a 770 in the GMAT :-D and I am now doing the Bachelor on Business Administration in St. Gallen. Fighting to get the 5.5 (At the moment I have it), which would mean that I get directly accepted. Do you know if 5.45 is rounded up to 5.5?

I am both Swiss and Costarican and lived 14 years in Costa Rica and have already a master in chemistry from ETHZ. I was in charge of the quality control in a small industrial company for 9 months and I am now doing an internship in strategic purchase while doing my bachelor thesis on supplier evaluation.

I am glad to hear from my probable future fellow students. If somebody needs to know something about St Gallen, I am glad to help

Hi. I wanted to know what is the average GMAT score required? I am taking my GMAT in three days time and I need to know if I should put this college. My current practice scores are in the range of 680-710. It'll be awfully helpful if you could provide some knowledge. My GPA is 3.05/4. So are there any specifications?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 13:40
St Gallen SIM is the world's top MiM program according to FT rankings.
Before talking about your profile, let me take you quickly through the admission procedure of St Gallen-
1. Online Application
2. Pre-assessment (The Pre-Assessment consists of different parts: numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and inductive-logical reasoning.)
3. Assessment with CEMS corporate partners- The assessment centre consists of four parts:
Presentation
Case study
Group discussion
Interview
4. Admission- Students evaluated to possess a suitable CEMS profile are admitted
5. School for semester abroad- After final acceptance of the student, the CEMS partner school for one semester abroad is allocated.

For more information about St Gallen's SIM, you can click here- http://www.mim-essay.com/st-gallen-mim-review/

Finally, let us come to the point and evaluate your profile.

You GPA is the only information objectively provided by you- which is extremely difficult to give a good evaluation of your profile. Even if you get a 680+ GMAT, still there are many factors which should be taken into account to evaluate your profile.
Essays- Letter of motivation strongly connecting all relevant experiences to your application and career goals.
If applicable, good description of your work experiences.
Co-curricular activities- whether or not relevant to your career goals, show the various traits and qualities of your personality.
These 3 points would complete the information needed to evaluate your profile. Assuming that apart from your good GPA and GMAT score you also are able to produce good results on these 3, your chances at St Gallen would be appreciable.

For exact evaluation, you can go for Free professional profile evaluation at -http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

Hope this helped. Good luck

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Last edited by Abhyank on 04 Dec 2016, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 16:01
Abhyank wrote:
St Gallen CEMS Master in Management is the world's top MiM program according to FT rankings.

Hope this helped. Good luck

The SIM and CEMS are two different things, and the admissions system is somewhat different :wink:

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 24

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 01:50
The admission criteria has changed completely this year. Has anyone already done the video interview? If so, any thoughts?

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 24

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 09:38
Guilio wrote:
The admission criteria has changed completely this year. Has anyone already done the video interview? If so, any thoughts?

Look in the applicable post, this one is over 5 years old. If you can't find it, check my profile, I've posted to that post.

Applications:
IE MiM (2017) - Status: Application completed, interview on 27-4
IE Double MiM&MiF (Spring 2018) - Status: Applying (GMAT)
WHU Biesheim (2017) - Applying (GMAT)
Mannheim School of Business (2017) - Applying (GMAT)
RSM MScBA in Management (2017) - Applying (GMAT)
MA HSG SIM (Fall 2017) - Discontinued Application - Degree not recognized

First GMAT: 26-4-2017: 710 (91) - Q45 V42
PREP CAT's:
GMAT PREP 1 - April 6, day 1 of studying - 680, Q48 V35
MGMAT Free CAT - April 14, day 8 of studying - 640, Q43 V34
GMAT PREP 2 - April 18, day 12 of studying - 700, Q45 V41
GMAT PREP 3 - April 25, day 19 of studying - 710, Q47 V41

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2017, 06:36
The interview asks roughly 6 questions, giving you varied time to prepare and answer, for example 30 sec to 1 min prep time, and 2 mins to answer.
Questions range from Why St Gallen to questions to test you thinking, such as opinion based questions.

Overall just prepare a bit with a few mock interviews, get comfortable with the whole process and you should be fine.
They dont expect perfect answers, just want to see how you handle yourself and if you fit in with the core values of St. Gallen.

You can read a bit more about St. Gallen SIM here: http://www.mim-essay.com/st-gallen-mim-review/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?   [#permalink] 16 Apr 2017, 06:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   [ 253 posts ] 

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap