GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 18
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 01:26
pineapplepinnacle wrote:
Dear Stenus,

I am also applying for SIM this year. I have the same overall GMAT as you do, with better quant and worse verbal.

I don't think the quant score will be the problem for you. Regarding AWA, I would speak to them to clarify - I does not specify what score is fine by them.

Also, do you know how they translate the grades to Swiss equivalents? I study in the UK and it doesnt indicate anywhere how it translates to their requirements... And which subjects they consider 'business-relevant'.


Hi, they told me that the AWA is not assessed. You just have to complete it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Posts: 2
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 07:38
Stenus wrote:
pineapplepinnacle wrote:
Dear Stenus,

I am also applying for SIM this year. I have the same overall GMAT as you do, with better quant and worse verbal.

I don't think the quant score will be the problem for you. Regarding AWA, I would speak to them to clarify - I does not specify what score is fine by them.

Also, do you know how they translate the grades to Swiss equivalents? I study in the UK and it doesnt indicate anywhere how it translates to their requirements... And which subjects they consider 'business-relevant'.


Hi, they told me that the AWA is not assessed. You just have to complete it.


Fair enough. Do you know where I can find (at least a proxy) of their degree equivalence tables? Or which subjects from my curriculum are 'business-related'? Also - did you get a response from them via email - I have sent it a week ago and still waiting for reply :(

Viel Erfolg!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 18
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 10:55
pineapplepinnacle wrote:
Stenus wrote:
pineapplepinnacle wrote:
Dear Stenus,

I am also applying for SIM this year. I have the same overall GMAT as you do, with better quant and worse verbal.

I don't think the quant score will be the problem for you. Regarding AWA, I would speak to them to clarify - I does not specify what score is fine by them.

Also, do you know how they translate the grades to Swiss equivalents? I study in the UK and it doesnt indicate anywhere how it translates to their requirements... And which subjects they consider 'business-relevant'.


Hi, they told me that the AWA is not assessed. You just have to complete it.


Fair enough. Do you know where I can find (at least a proxy) of their degree equivalence tables? Or which subjects from my curriculum are 'business-related'? Also - did you get a response from them via email - I have sent it a week ago and still waiting for reply :(

Viel Erfolg!


That's what I got back. Does not really help much: "The selection of the relevant courses and the calculation of the GPA as well as the evaluation of your GMAT Score is done by the SIM Admissions Committee I cannot give you any further information on this."
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Location: Germany
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2015, 02:15
Hey guys,

I want to apply for the SIM program as well and wanted to share my profile with you. I worry because my GMAT score is pretty low compared to yours.

- GMAT: 710 Q49 V38 IR 9 AWA 6/6
- GPA (German System) 1.3 (1.0 = best // 4.0 = worst)
- Did an internship in the US for 11 month (DAX Unternehmen)
- Worked 1 year full-time at a bank + did an apprenticeship as a bank clerk
- Studied 6 month in Taipeh (Taiwan)

I am not sure about how the SIM Admission committee evaluates my extracurricular activities? Does anyone know what they take into account?

- I got a company funded scholarship at my university
- Was a "student tutor" (basically helped 1st semester students with accounts and fundamentals in finance)
- Was a buddy for foreign exchange students for 4 semesters (2 years)
- I am the head of a local club how organizes trips and activities for the youth

What do you think my score in terms of the SIM Admission could be?

GMAT: 40
GPA: 27 (??)
Extracurricular: ___ (??)

Thanks guys!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 18
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 23:37
moga1704 wrote:
Hey guys,

I want to apply for the SIM program as well and wanted to share my profile with you. I worry because my GMAT score is pretty low compared to yours.

- GMAT: 710 Q49 V38 IR 9 AWA 6/6
- GPA (German System) 1.3 (1.0 = best // 4.0 = worst)
- Did an internship in the US for 11 month (DAX Unternehmen)
- Worked 1 year full-time at a bank + did an apprenticeship as a bank clerk
- Studied 6 month in Taipeh (Taiwan)

I am not sure about how the SIM Admission committee evaluates my extracurricular activities? Does anyone know what they take into account?

- I got a company funded scholarship at my university
- Was a "student tutor" (basically helped 1st semester students with accounts and fundamentals in finance)
- Was a buddy for foreign exchange students for 4 semesters (2 years)
- I am the head of a local club how organizes trips and activities for the youth

What do you think my score in terms of the SIM Admission could be?

GMAT: 40
GPA: 27 (??)
Extracurricular: ___ (??)

Thanks guys!


Your GMAT score is not low. I think you have a good chance. Btw I decided to not apply to St. Gallen, since I already got admitted to ESADE, which seems like to better overall package for me personally. I also had an offer from HEC,
but I do not really want to study in France...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2013
Posts: 73
St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 13:41
Anyone attending the program who's lurking around? I'd love to get some information on the program regarding placement, curriculum, and overall satisfaction.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2014
Posts: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.53
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 02:25
moga1704 wrote:
Hey guys,

I want to apply for the SIM program as well and wanted to share my profile with you. I worry because my GMAT score is pretty low compared to yours.

- GMAT: 710 Q49 V38 IR 9 AWA 6/6
- GPA (German System) 1.3 (1.0 = best // 4.0 = worst)
- Did an internship in the US for 11 month (DAX Unternehmen)
- Worked 1 year full-time at a bank + did an apprenticeship as a bank clerk
- Studied 6 month in Taipeh (Taiwan)

I am not sure about how the SIM Admission committee evaluates my extracurricular activities? Does anyone know what they take into account?

- I got a company funded scholarship at my university
- Was a "student tutor" (basically helped 1st semester students with accounts and fundamentals in finance)
- Was a buddy for foreign exchange students for 4 semesters (2 years)
- I am the head of a local club how organizes trips and activities for the youth

What do you think my score in terms of the SIM Admission could be?

GMAT: 40
GPA: 27 (??)
Extracurricular: ___ (??)

Thanks guys!


Hey guys! I also applied for SIM 2015 intake. I think I have a good profile but I am still nervous to hear from them. Hopefully the admission results will come out earlier this year. :wink:

moga1704 I don't think your GMAT is low. According their website, the GMAT scores of admitted students range from 670-760. As for extracurricular activities, I believe they value international/intercultural experiences, which you clearly have demonstrated through your experience in the US and Taiwan. I think you can get *at least* 10 points for your extracurricular activities. If you could also craft a awesome motivation letter that receives 5/5 points, you should have a good chance of getting in. :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2015
Posts: 12
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 04:54
Hi everyone!

I'm an engineer from Belgium, my profile:

*GMAT 750 (Q49V42)
*B.Sc. Engineering top-10 european engineering faculty 71% (top 10%)
*M.Sc. Engineering top-10 european engineering faculty 67%, not so good;
*18 months work experience engineering in Fortune-100 company

how do they calculate your gpa on 6 if you're not from a business background? Is it master's degree, bachelor's degree or both?

on the application form they ask the following document

Supporting documents *
Confirmations (Work experience / extracurricular activities / intercultural mobility)

what is it exactly you must submit?

And you guys think it's worth applying with my profile ? :)

thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2015, 10:02
Hey guys, since I have a GMAT of 690, but excellent extracurriculars, is there someone who got in with the same GMAT score?
And also, does anyone have more clarity regarding the conversion of grades?

Thank you so much:)
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Posts: 39
Location: Switzerland
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 00:25
Hey everybody,

Is it me or do they not require us to send physical copies of the CV/EC documents ? I know they required it in previous years but it seems like that's not the case anymore.

Anyway, best of luck to you all. Let the wait begin. :x
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2014
Posts: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.53
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 07:45
trippelrossaert
I am not sure how they calculate your GPA if you didn't take business classes. Have you tried emailing the Admission Office?
Supporting Documents: for employment experiences I provided a simple letter from relevant companies stating that I have worked there from such date to such date as XXX, along with my job description. For semester aboard you should have a certificate or sth equivalent issued by your school I think.
If they find a document to be unsatisfying, they will return it, you will then be notified via email and have a chance to send a new document. They returned my secondary school certificate and I uploaded another one.

I am not sure how to assess your profile, since you are not from a business background. But with 750 GMAT, you automatically get 50 points! With a good Bachelors GPA, I think you stand a chance. :)

In response to your message, here is my profile:
GMAT 730
Taiwanese citizen
B.Sc. Business Administration from top 10 university in the US
2 finance internships, in the US and in Taiwan
16 months full-time work in the financial services industry

trippelrossaert wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm an engineer from Belgium, my profile:

*GMAT 750 (Q49V42)
*B.Sc. Engineering top-10 european engineering faculty 71% (top 10%)
*M.Sc. Engineering top-10 european engineering faculty 67%, not so good;
*18 months work experience engineering in Fortune-100 company

how do they calculate your gpa on 6 if you're not from a business background? Is it master's degree, bachelor's degree or both?

on the application form they ask the following document

Supporting documents *
Confirmations (Work experience / extracurricular activities / intercultural mobility)

what is it exactly you must submit?

And you guys think it's worth applying with my profile ? :)

thanks!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Posts: 39
Location: Switzerland
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 23:58
Now that the application window is closed, who applied ? Ready for the three week long wait ?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2015
Posts: 12
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2015, 22:32
Ruhm wrote:
Now that the application window is closed, who applied ? Ready for the three week long wait ?


:roll: Does anyone have an idea how many people apply?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Posts: 39
Location: Switzerland
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 00:09
trippelrossaert wrote:
:roll: Does anyone have an idea how many people apply?


I read somewhere that between 300 and 400 students apply for 35-50 admits. That would lead to an admission rate between 16% and 9%.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2015
Posts: 6
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 00:46
Hi guys,

Has someone applied for the Master in Accounting and Finance?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Location: Sweden
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.11
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 07:31
misterblue wrote:
Hi guys,

Has someone applied for the Master in Accounting and Finance?


Yes I have! You as well? First time they are offering it in english..

Do anyone know when we get the "Direct admissions" result? I think it will be given quite soon..
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Posts: 39
Location: Switzerland
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 00:00
ErasmusWasHere wrote:
Yes I have! You as well? First time they are offering it in english..

Do anyone know when we get the "Direct admissions" result? I think it will be given quite soon..


If it's anything like the SIM in the last couple years, the direct admissions should be published around May 23rd, about four days before the secondary batch.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Location: Sweden
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.11
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 02:16
I am hoping to get it sooner though..

I called them the other day and they said that I would get it before the 11th of May. I asked about that specific date since I have my first installment for EDHEC that day. It is possibly sooner than the SIM because the selection process for MaccFin is solely based on test score and it should therefore be quick.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle a problem like that?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2015
Posts: 6
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 02:20
It probably depends on the date you submitted your application, right? I think it takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks to process...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Location: Sweden
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.11
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 02:30
I sent it in mid april but since the admission is based on test score, not several criteria as in SIM and MBF, I was told that they only needed to collect all the scores first. Therefore, it should hopefully not be too long after the deadline..
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?   [#permalink] 05 May 2015, 02:30

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 257 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM?

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.