Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
caw wrote:
I'm sure others have received a similar email, but Tuck just updated the wailisted community. This year Tuck has put 300 applicants on the waitlist. Considering that Tuck takes <300 people per class, this is a pretty large number. Historically, Tuck has taken anywhere from 0-12 WL'd applicants in recent years. I recall when we were first WL'd we discussed likelihood of acceptance from the waitlist -- but we couldn't find reliable figures. This should help to address that discussion. So maybe 2% of WL'd applicants will get admitted? Maybe a few more, maybe a few less. Either way, it's highly unlikely.

I would be that Tuck is a particularly difficult school to gain admittance from the waitlist. Its small size and super niche brand probably make it's yield higher... Anyway, I thought I'd share the info from my WL email. At least we have more information now...

I haven't received any communication from Tuck since I last submitted additional feedback--when did you receive this email? Or was the email prompted by you letting adcom know you will be matriculating elsewhere?

Thanks for the info!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Email was unprompted. I responded and removed myself from WL. Got immediate confirmation email from my contact in admissions. I think these emails are handled personally, so it might take some time to generate and disperse.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
I got an email recently from them, but it did NOT mention the 300 number. It said they are now reviewing waitlist apps, but to not expect any word until late May/June/July. Also FYI my email was unsolicited.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
DoorDelano wrote:
I got an email recently from them, but it did NOT mention the 300 number. It said they are now reviewing waitlist apps, but to not expect any word until late May/June/July. Also FYI my email was unsolicited.

is it possible for you to share the email with us? Redact the name and any personal details of course.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
My email below. Anyone get something similar?

Hello ____,

I realize some time has passed since decisions were released in March and I am sorry we did not have better news for you. We are now nearing the end of our open application rounds and are preparing to turn our attention to the waitlist. Please know we had an incredibly competitive applicant pool this year, and due to our small size, we had to make some very difficult decisions. While obviously not the desired outcome, being placed on the waitlist should be viewed as a positive result of your efforts. I know it is difficult to simply wait, but it has been a very competitive application season at Tuck. We receive three and four times the number of qualified applications than we have seats to offer.

The number of candidates who gain admission to Tuck from the waitlist has varied widely over the last several years, so it is impossible to predict our outcome this year. We do not anticipate any movement from the waitlist until late May at the earliest, more likely it will be in June or July. I will be your admissions contact while you are on the waitlist. If you have any further questions, or if there are significant updates to your candidacy, please contact me.

We also recognize that some time has passed since you were placed on the waitlist, and you may have made plans to attend another school. If this is the case, please let me know so we may remove you from the waitlist and update our records.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DoorDelano wrote:
My email below. Anyone get something similar?

Hello ____,

I realize some time has passed since decisions were released in March and I am sorry we did not have better news for you. We are now nearing the end of our open application rounds and are preparing to turn our attention to the waitlist. Please know we had an incredibly competitive applicant pool this year, and due to our small size, we had to make some very difficult decisions. While obviously not the desired outcome, being placed on the waitlist should be viewed as a positive result of your efforts. I know it is difficult to simply wait, but it has been a very competitive application season at Tuck. We receive three and four times the number of qualified applications than we have seats to offer.

The number of candidates who gain admission to Tuck from the waitlist has varied widely over the last several years, so it is impossible to predict our outcome this year. We do not anticipate any movement from the waitlist until late May at the earliest, more likely it will be in June or July. I will be your admissions contact while you are on the waitlist. If you have any further questions, or if there are significant updates to your candidacy, please contact me.

We also recognize that some time has passed since you were placed on the waitlist, and you may have made plans to attend another school. If this is the case, please let me know so we may remove you from the waitlist and update our records.

this looks similar to the email I got in March from my admissions contact. I applied in EA round so got feedback earlier.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
DoorDelano- when did you receive this e-mail? I am a January Round W/L and have not received any communication from the school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
As an International on the wait list, just curious - how do Internationals manage the I20s and Visas if they're admitted late June / July (as the Email suggests)? Wouldn't that mean missing out on stuff like orientation or even first week classes?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
hopefulforadmission wrote:
DoorDelano- when did you receive this e-mail? I am a January Round W/L and have not received any communication from the school.

Like a week and half ago
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Got an email yesterday asking if I am still interested in Tuck. Did anyone else get such an email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pratatbits wrote:
Got an email yesterday asking if I am still interested in Tuck. Did anyone else get such an email?

No, but wish I did--that's probably a good sign for you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pratatbits wrote:

People who got this email in last years thread seemed to get in, so I bet that's what will happen next week if not today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I hope so :) Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all-- when you first received your notification letter from the admissions committee letting you know you were placed on the waitlist, did you receive that initial letter via email? I only found out I was on the waitlist in the April round after logging into the application portal to view application status; I did not receive the letter via email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAhopeful862 wrote:
Hi all-- when you first received your notification letter from the admissions committee letting you know you were placed on the waitlist, did you receive that initial letter via email? I only found out I was on the waitlist in the April round after logging into the application portal to view application status; I did not receive the letter via email.

I found it via the portal. Then after sending them the confirmation to stay on the waitlist, I received a feedback email a couple of months later.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Maybe we'll see movement this week!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is for the EA international waitlisted applicants: Please respond if you have received an email to confirm interest or otherwise!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts