Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 97
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 23:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
isthereanyleft wrote:
Has any R1 applicant received interview invite in January?


Yes, I received an invite on January 2nd. If you go back a page or two, you will see my posting about the interview invite. As much as I know, there might be more invites coming in for R1 applications. Last year some R1 applicants received invites in third week of January, just few days before the admission decisions were supposed to be released. Based on my research of last year's postings, for the candidates who receive invites that late, the decisions will be released few weeks after the decision deadline for R1.

Keep your hopes alive until Anderson asks you not to :)

All the best !
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 05:58
cognizant2001 wrote:
Yes, I received an invite on January 2nd. If you go back a page or two, you will see my posting about the interview invite. As much as I know, there might be more invites coming in for R1 applications. Last year some R1 applicants received invites in third week of January, just few days before the admission decisions were supposed to be released. Based on my research of last year's postings, for the candidates who receive invites that late, the decisions will be released few weeks after the decision deadline for R1.

Keep your hopes alive until Anderson asks you not to :)

All the best !


So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 06:17
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?


Sit tight and wait for an email. There's no set release date for invites, so your email could come at any time!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 06:21
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?


Sit tight and wait for an email. There's no set release date for invites, so your email could come at any time!


Yes... But I had submitted mine in R2 so shall I expect it after all R1's gets?

Moroever my case is entirely different than my fellow applicants. I had applied only to UCLA in r2 and will apply in r3, the round in which chances r very skim for internationals.
So UCLA acceptance can change the route of my life this year. :P I have put very honest and simple application, and I hope they like it. I have not done extra ordinary things in life, though I have few achievements and I have highlighted them.

Lets see how it goes..
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 06:32
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?


Sit tight and wait for an email. There's no set release date for invites, so your email could come at any time!


Yes... But I had submitted mine in R2 so shall I expect it after all R1's gets?


Based on last year's thread, it looks like the last R1 interview invites went out about 2 weeks before the R1 decision release rate (mid-January, aka right around now).

R2 invites started going out at the beginning of February and continued throughout the month.
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 06:42
aerien wrote:
Based on last year's thread, it looks like the last R1 interview invites went out about 2 weeks before the R1 decision release rate (mid-January, aka right around now).

R2 invites started going out at the beginning of February and continued throughout the month.


Thanks for the valuable info. So it means I should wait without any thoughts till 31st Jan at least.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 97
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 08:25
gurpreetsingh wrote:
So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?


Hi Gurpreet,

As other have pointed out, wait and relax ! :) The invites can come anytime. They will send you an email when you will be invited for interview.

All the best !
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 22:44
cognizant2001 wrote:
Hi Gurpreet,

As other have pointed out, wait and relax ! :) The invites can come anytime. They will send you an email when you will be invited for interview.

All the best !


Thanks for the wishes and all the best to you too.

I m very excited :)
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 249
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 26

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 03:40
gurpreetsingh wrote:
aerien wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
So hows UCLA contact for any info on the application? Do we need to check our application status regularly or just wait for their email?


Sit tight and wait for an email. There's no set release date for invites, so your email could come at any time!


Yes... But I had submitted mine in R2 so shall I expect it after all R1's gets?

Moroever my case is entirely different than my fellow applicants. I had applied only to UCLA in r2 and will apply in r3, the round in which chances r very skim for internationals.
So UCLA acceptance can change the route of my life this year. :P I have put very honest and simple application, and I hope they like it. I have not done extra ordinary things in life, though I have few achievements and I have highlighted them.

Lets see how it goes..

Do you always talk that much, and repeat the redundant and obvious things endlessly?

I bet you face a hard time managing those word limits. Oh wait ... UCLA word limits were made for you !
_________________

The chase begins ...

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 04:05
HAHA :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 04:11
cognizant2001 wrote:
isthereanyleft wrote:
Has any R1 applicant received interview invite in January?


Yes, I received an invite on January 2nd. If you go back a page or two, you will see my posting about the interview invite. As much as I know, there might be more invites coming in for R1 applications. Last year some R1 applicants received invites in third week of January, just few days before the admission decisions were supposed to be released. Based on my research of last year's postings, for the candidates who receive invites that late, the decisions will be released few weeks after the decision deadline for R1.

Keep your hopes alive until Anderson asks you not to :)

All the best !


I have no choice but to wait, then.

When did your application status changed to under-review. Mine still says submitted (hasnt changed since 24th Oct 2012).
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 05:00
dreamchase wrote:
Do you always talk that much, and repeat the redundant and obvious things endlessly?

I bet you face a hard time managing those word limits. Oh wait ... UCLA word limits were made for you !


Just FYI I managed my word limit pretty well. :P Liking my profile is not in my hand, but I gave my best shot in limited time.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [4] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 05:13
4
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gurpreetsingh wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Do you always talk that much, and repeat the redundant and obvious things endlessly?

I bet you face a hard time managing those word limits. Oh wait ... UCLA word limits were made for you !


Just FYI I managed my word limit pretty well. :P Liking my profile is not in my hand, but I gave my best shot in limited time.


@dreamchase -- that's a little harsh, IMO. Most everyone here is stressed about their applications. GC is a forum to help garner support from other members during this process; we're not here to tear other people down. Your post might be in jest, but keep in mind that this is the Internet, and with posters of various levels of English language fluency here, words and their meanings can be misconstrued.

Good luck, Gurpreet, and to everyone else still waiting for results. R1s who haven't heard yet, our time is finally coming soon! :)
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 97
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 07:27
isthereanyleft wrote:

I have no choice but to wait, then.

When did your application status changed to under-review. Mine still says submitted (hasnt changed since 24th Oct 2012).


Frankly, today was the first day when I went to the application webpage since I had submitted my application :) It still says "submitted" :)
Just hang in there.

All the best !
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 07:41
Expert's post
cognizant2001 wrote:
isthereanyleft wrote:

I have no choice but to wait, then.

When did your application status changed to under-review. Mine still says submitted (hasnt changed since 24th Oct 2012).


Frankly, today was the first day when I went to the application webpage since I had submitted my application :) It still says "submitted" :)
Just hang in there.

All the best !


Same! I've already interviewed and it still says "submitted" :) I'm guessing it'll stay that way possibly forever? Haha.
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 13
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 21:24
submitted for R2.....the long wait till Feb....uhhhhhh
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 07:49
aerien wrote:
Same! I've already interviewed and it still says "submitted" :) I'm guessing it'll stay that way possibly forever? Haha.


I guess you will hear good news around/ before next week. :P
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 16:44
A few questions for anyone with some experience regarding the topic:
I was admitted to Anderson with a fellowship, although I am not aware of the name of the fellowship (if there is one), just the amount.
Does having this fellowship on a resume offer a leg up over a standard grad? How would it compare to someone coming from a more prestigious school with no fellowship? I am WL @ GSB, SLOAN, & Haas, so I am considering all my options.
Will this fellowship be a specific fellowship or is it more of a general scholarship?
Does Anderson offer much more in the line of scholarships etc? I tried researching it on the site but I did not find many links to other aid like Haas has.

Any opinions from people who have been in similar situations? I would take the GSB without money any day of the week, but am unsure on the others.

Thanks!
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 18:10
thebdouglas wrote:
A few questions for anyone with some experience regarding the topic:
I was admitted to Anderson with a fellowship, although I am not aware of the name of the fellowship (if there is one), just the amount.
Does having this fellowship on a resume offer a leg up over a standard grad? How would it compare to someone coming from a more prestigious school with no fellowship? I am WL @ GSB, SLOAN, & Haas, so I am considering all my options.
Will this fellowship be a specific fellowship or is it more of a general scholarship?
Does Anderson offer much more in the line of scholarships etc? I tried researching it on the site but I did not find many links to other aid like Haas has.

Any opinions from people who have been in similar situations? I would take the GSB without money any day of the week, but am unsure on the others.

Thanks!


First of all, congrats for your admits :). People, especially in this thread, would love to be in your situation.

It is a tough call to select between good school with $$ and a top notch school without $$.
No body knows here whether you are financially strong enough to handle the loans if you go without scholarships. Since you will do the same for GSB, why not for sloan or Haas?

This answer can only be answered by you. Anderson is a top school and getting scholarship is a good deal. But if you think your future aspirations fit perfectly with other schools then go for it, even without scholarship. Just as the way you think of GSB.

In case, your aspirations can be fulfilled opting anderson too, then having $$ is a good sign. Since you did not mention the $$ amount, it is not easy to advice you.

Moral of the story is to go for the school you want, irrespective of scholarship.
If you think Haas is above anderson and you do not want to go for the school that ranks lower in some rankings, then you are evaluating with wrong means.

Go for anderson without second thought if it suits your aspirations.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 18:51
gurpreetsingh wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:
A few questions for anyone with some experience regarding the topic:
I was admitted to Anderson with a fellowship, although I am not aware of the name of the fellowship (if there is one), just the amount.
Does having this fellowship on a resume offer a leg up over a standard grad? How would it compare to someone coming from a more prestigious school with no fellowship? I am WL @ GSB, SLOAN, & Haas, so I am considering all my options.
Will this fellowship be a specific fellowship or is it more of a general scholarship?
Does Anderson offer much more in the line of scholarships etc? I tried researching it on the site but I did not find many links to other aid like Haas has.

Any opinions from people who have been in similar situations? I would take the GSB without money any day of the week, but am unsure on the others.

Thanks!


First of all, congrats for your admits :). People, especially in this thread, would love to be in your situation.

It is a tough call to select between good school with $$ and a top notch school without $$.
No body knows here whether you are financially strong enough to handle the loans if you go without scholarships. Since you will do the same for GSB, why not for sloan or Haas?

This answer can only be answered by you. Anderson is a top school and getting scholarship is a good deal. But if you think your future aspirations fit perfectly with other schools then go for it, even without scholarship. Just as the way you think of GSB.

In case, your aspirations can be fulfilled opting anderson too, then having $$ is a good sign. Since you did not mention the $$ amount, it is not easy to advice you.

Moral of the story is to go for the school you want, irrespective of scholarship.
If you think Haas is above anderson and you do not want to go for the school that ranks lower in some rankings, then you are evaluating with wrong means.

Go for anderson without second thought if it suits your aspirations.


Thanks for the response. A big part of the issue for me is the post grad career prospects. I would like to move into consulting while exploring entrepreneurial ventures. The GSB offers an unparalleled entrepreneurial focus, but will also allow me to transition into a consulting position at a top notch company and thus continue my learning and growth while there.
Anderson obviously does not have as much access to the top consulting firms but does place grads there....for me it comes down to whether I feel my career prospects will be hurt enough to counteract the $$$ (btw it is $60K). I feel the GSB would more than make up the difference $$, but also leave me in a position to really pursue my passion. Sloan and Haas are both great. Sloan has a great focus on entrepreneurship and Haas has a great setup for picking up great consulting skills, but with what I am looking at doing it is difficult to say if either will suit me better (the GSB is the only one I have fallen love with). Also, financing the degree is not an issue...but I still see it as an investment and will make my decision with that in mind.

The tipping point for me may be location...love California and would like to work there afterwards, so building my network in California while in school does appeal to me.
I will still pursue all the WL schools, but also want to have an idea of what I could be getting into @ Anderson vs other schools I am still considering. Another peril of the B school process.
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2013, 18:51
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
73 Experts publish their posts in the topic UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants souvik101990 938 27 Aug 2012, 14:50
1 UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling Admitted Applicants tienvunguyen 12 16 Jan 2013, 09:06
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  47    Next  [ 939 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.