Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.58
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! [#permalink]
This seems to be a really strange year! I was going through some of earlier year's forums and there were always a few WLs rejected when R3 results were released. I have come across 7-10 WLs on this forum and elsewhere, and not a single reject. A part of me is hoping that many R2 accepted candidates requested for extensions to the May 2 tuition deposit deadline and the school is playing it safe.

I do not have any other option at this point and will be looking at R1/R2 in this coming cycle. It's been 4 grueling months since I submitted my R2 application, I can only imagine the pain and suffering of those WL'ed in R1 and retained on summer waitlist. As an international applicant, it's only prudent that I move on and break out of this limbo induced by Wharton's decision.

Do you guys have other options? Good luck, folks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
mbakk wrote:
I do not have any other option at this point and will be looking at R1/R2 in this coming cycle. It's been 4 grueling months since I submitted my R2 application, I can only imagine the pain and suffering of those WL'ed in R1 and retained on summer waitlist. As an international applicant, it's only prudent that I move on and break out of this limbo induced by Wharton's decision.

Do you guys have other options? Good luck, folks!

Will you go for Wharton again in R1? I just wonder if there is anyway you can get feedback as to why you might be on the waitlist (I'd be interested to know for my own app, but have a pretty good idea). Also, would Wharton frown upon a waitlist candidate withdrawing and then re-applying? Maybe it would just takes something as simple as a letter to explain that as an international candidate you are unable to wait due to the time required to get visas, reference check etc. to smooth that over.

I'm starting my application for INSEAD this week as the deadline for Jan 2015 entry is in 3 weeks. I might be able to hold out a little longer for Wharton although I'm going to have to speak to my employer about it now as technically I have a 3 month notice period! If I don't get Wharton in the summer I won't be going around for US schools again (getting too old!) so it is gutting to think I might have to walk away from this.

It would be really helpful to know how long all the various next steps have taken people who have been admitted, particularly for international applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
First post here - was dinged after interview in Round 2. Will be reapplying in Round 1 in the 2014/15 season.

I am sorry for those of you still on the waitlist. I remember an article about the pain of being dinged and/or waitlisted and that, however painful the waitlist might be, someone who got dinged would still give their right arm to be in your position right now.

Best of luck guys. It will be worth it in the end.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Summer Waitlist here!
There are 3 people from a total of 18 Brazilians approved at Chicago Booth (not everyone tried Wharton) who are also in Wharton's summer list. Take your own conclusions about stats, I have my own...
Does anyone know when the next deposit is due?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: The Final Countdown
The academic year at Wharton is coming to a close. Students have finished their exams and are counting down the days to beginning of the summer and graduation. Although it will be hard to say goodbye to the Class of 2014 on May 18th, there is great satisfaction knowing that incredible opportunities await them and that they can always call Wharton home.

As the school year comes to an end, the Admissions Committee has completed and released Round 3 decisions – finalizing the admission process for the Class of 2016. This Class is made up of so many talented and gifted students and we can’t wait to meet them in August.

Graduation: MBA Class of 2013

As summer begins, the Admissions team will start heading off to meet and recruit potential members of the Class of 2017. We are in the process of finalizing our summer admissions event schedule and will be positing more details in the coming weeks. Our current students also are hosting Coffee Chats from their internship cities all over the world. This is a great, informal way to learn more about the program from the perspective of someone who is living it!

As the Admissions team and I travel the globe, I hope that we will have an opportunity to meet you on road in the coming months. We look forward to bringing a taste of the Wharton experience to a city near you.

Regards,

Maryellen Reilly Lamb

Deputy Vice Dean, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Career Management

The post The Final Countdown appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: On the Road Again…

Congratulations, again, to the MBA Class of 2014! It has been exciting to see all of the photos that have hit Facebook and Twitter over the past couple of weeks, and we wish you well as you embark upon this next journey.

Now that campus has started to settle down, the MBA Admissions team is quickly ramping up to hit the road for our summer recruitment travel. On the heels of the Wharton Global Forum Beijing, we will be kicking off our international tour in Asia. The Forum will aim to bring the Wharton classroom to Beijing through keynote speakers, classes, panels, roundtables and networking events all focused on the theme of “Growing Through Innovation.” Our Forums are a great opportunity for alumni, students, faculty and staff to connect with each other and learn from key leaders in the industry.

Following our stop in Beijing, the Admissions team looks forward to meeting with prospective students and alumni located in other parts of Asia and Europe throughout the month of June. For more details on our upcoming events, please be sure to continue to check our website. To join us for our events in Asia and Europe, please register through the links provided below.

MBA Admissions Information Sessions – Asia:

• Beijing Information Session: June 11, 2014

• Seoul Information Session: June 16, 2014

• Shanghai Information Session: June 17, 2014

• Hong Kong Information Session: June 18, 2014

MBA Admissions Information Sessions – Europe:

• Moscow Information Session: June 19, 2014

• Paris Information Session: June 24, 2014

• London Information Session: June 25, 2014

• Madrid Information Session: June 26, 2014

Happy summer to all,

Wharton MBA Admissions & Financial Aid

You can also connect with the Forum online by following @Wharton on Twitter using the #WhartonForum hashtag.

The post On the Road Again… appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Streamlining the Application Process – Some Changes for 2014-15

Summer at Wharton has officially begun. With the close of another academic year and the Class of 2014 transitioning to the role of alumni, the Admissions Team is preparing to hit the road again. We will be meeting with prospective students and alumni from around the globe and we are looking forward to a successful travel season ahead. Before we take off, we wanted to update you on some important changes to the 2014-15 application, set to go live in early August.

In order to further streamline the application process, we have made changes to our essays and letter of recommendation questions by shortening both of these components of the application. The goals of these changes are to provide applicants with a more concentrated and effective means of expressing their candidacy and lessening the impact on those providing recommendations.

Essays

This year we require one essay with a second being optional.  For the second optional essay, we recommend that you to use your best judgment and focus your energy on highlighting new information that we are unable to ascertain from other sections of the application.

Required

What do you hope to gain both personally and professionally from the Wharton MBA? (500 words)

Optional

Please use the space below to highlight any additional information that you would like the Admissions Committee to know about your candidacy. (400 words)

Recommendations

Application recommenders will be required to answer two questions regarding your candidacy:

1. How do the candidate’s performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (300 words)

2. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (250 words)

If you have questions regarding any of the above, I encourage you to reach out to our office directly at mba-admiss@wharton.upenn.edu or by phone at 215-898-6183. We look forward to meeting many of you on the road for one of our admissions events or this Fall in Philadelphia for a campus visit.

Regards,

Maryellen Reilly Lamb

Deputy Vice Dean, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Career Management

The post Streamlining the Application Process – Some Changes for 2014-15 appeared first on Engage with Us.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Can someone teach these guys how to manage a waitlist? It's June. There are obviously a ton of people still waiting. Taking a new job good luck to y'all.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
Send PM
Got the call today! So Happy!!

R2 applicant, on summer waitlist. International, but working US.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Wow, congrats dgstar10! Can you share your nationality and if you have any indication of others getting off WL?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbakk wrote:
Wow, congrats dgstar10! Can you share your nationality and if you have any indication of others getting off WL?

Would be really interesting to note how many others were able to get off the list?!!

Hopefully we see or hear about more numbers on Friday :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
A friend of mine who is an international applicant just got the called from the summer waitlist.

She has been working in South east asia not in US btw.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
This forum has been quiet for a while. Anyone hear anything new? The latest I got was they will be taking more people off the waitlist in the coming weeks. I'm still holding out hope.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JBLA2016 wrote:
This forum has been quiet for a while. Anyone hear anything new? The latest I got was they will be taking more people off the waitlist in the coming weeks. I'm still holding out hope.

Just got a status update. Rejected for this year. Over to next year :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
punitgouthi wrote:
JBLA2016 wrote:

Just got a status update. Rejected for this year. Over to next year :)

Received my update last night (emailed and advised my status had changed). No place for me at Wharton for Class of 2016 unfortunately. However, I might be able to spend some time in classes with some of you if I get through INSEAD!

Good luck to those re-applying!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Received the call yesterday morning. Extremely happy, but very confused; had signed a lease for a NYC apartment only days before. Will decide in the next day or two whether to accept their offer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
osberry28 wrote:
Received the call yesterday morning. Extremely happy, but very confused; had signed a lease for a NYC apartment only days before. Will decide in the next day or two whether to accept their offer.

After serious deliberation, I decided to attend Columbia. I wish those remaining on the waitlist the best of luck. I was on the waitlist for seven months, which goes to show it's not over til it's over!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts