Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 141

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 10:44
Expert's post
AvengerGmat wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
This is a clarification regarding the GPA system

I was recently registering for my GMAT and while doing so i came across this GPA conversion table given on mba.com.
We are required to convert our equivalent GPA on scale of 4 using given conversions.

Please refer to this link..

http://www.mba.com/~/media/Images/mba/N ... rsion1.jpg

I am a graduate from india and in our country we have absolute percentage system..
I scored 79.7% in Graduation course...
By converting it on 4 GPA a scale using the above table my equivalent GPA comes out to be 2.9 :( and this puts me in the third passing Grade :( ...which is definitely not true and i am very disappointed with that because according to our university grading i am among the top 10% performers of my class, according to which i am in the first passing grade...

This is really a very unfair and biased method of GPA calculation...

So i was wondering that how much impact does this GPA makes when we give a certain number while registering for GMAT on mba.com...

Another thing how will i be able to calculate my true GPA which justifies my score...

So please help me out here and tell me what should i mention in my GPA column while registering for GMAT..

Your comments and suggestions in this regard will be a great help...

Thanks and Regards.. :) :)

Hello, AvengerGmat!

The GPA conversion chart is for your personal information only. It does not factor into your GMAT score or registration process in any way, nor do schools use that tool when evaluating your application. Most business schools have formal process in place for comparing undergraduate performance among students from non-US countries. You would need to reach out to individual schools you are interested in to learn more information about how they calculate undergraduate performance, but they do not use the score scale chart on mbac.com. I hope that addresses your concerns.

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 271 [0], given: 543

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2013, 06:25
GMAC announced earlier this year that it would release an Exam pack 1. Has GMAC decided on an official date when the Exam pack will be released or nothing has been finalized?

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2013, 10:57
Expert's post
fozzzy wrote:
GMAC announced earlier this year that it would release an Exam pack 1. Has GMAC decided on an official date when the Exam pack will be released or nothing has been finalized?

Hi, Fozzzy! We plan to release the Exam pack this fall, but do not have an exact release date yet. I will keep you posted!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2013, 20:31
Expert's post
Hi Rebecca,
Could you please let me know what could happen if either during the test (re MOCK GMAT tests from GMAT Prep SW) or at the time of intermediate break of 8 minutes, if there is an unexpected system crash or power failure or network disruptions, then what will happen to my test and will I be able to carry out the same test where I let off, once normalcy is restored?

And also how to deal with this sort of situation during REAL GMAT?

Much appreciate your feedback.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 07:22
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Could you please let me know what could happen if either during the test (re MOCK GMAT tests from GMAT Prep SW) or at the time of intermediate break of 8 minutes, if there is an unexpected system crash or power failure or network disruptions, then what will happen to my test and will I be able to carry out the same test where I let off, once normalcy is restored?

Thanks for the questions, bb! I'll start with your second one. If your computer screen freezes during the REAL GMAT exam, an incident report will be filed. These situations are handled on a case-by-case basis, so I can't tell you exactly how it would be handled. It would depend on how long your screen was frozen, and what, if any, affect it had on your timing.

If your computer freezes while taking a practice exam on GMATPrep, please send an email to gmatprep@mba.com and someone will work with you to get the issue fixed. I could not tell you without a specific scenario, whether it would deduct time off of your test, or otherwise affect your practice score.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 11:05
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the questions, bb! I'll start with your second one. If your computer screen freezes during the REAL GMAT exam, an incident report will be filed. These situations are handled on a case-by-case basis, so I can't tell you exactly how it would be handled. It would depend on how long your screen was frozen, and what, if any, affect it had on your timing.

If your computer freezes while taking a practice exam on GMATPrep, please send an email to gmatprep@mba.com and someone will work with you to get the issue fixed. I could not tell you without a specific scenario, whether it would deduct time off of your test, or otherwise affect your practice score.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for clarifying the both...!

Re actual GMAT, I think any small amount(say,2-3 mins or so) of this sort of disturbances can affect one's score and concentration. So,would you please let me know is there any time limit for any sort of issues, that GMAC considers (as benchmark/cut-off) to be taken care of in favor of the candidate?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 13:25
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for clarifying the both...!

Re actual GMAT, I think any small amount(say,2-3 mins or so) of this sort of disturbances can affect one's score and concentration. So,would you please let me know is there any time limit for any sort of issues, that GMAC considers (as benchmark/cut-off) to be taken care of in favor of the candidate?

Because we evaluate each of these incidents individually, we do not have a specific cut-off time or other hard criteria.

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 21:17
Expert's post
Thanks Rebecca for your clarification.
I just hope such scenario doesn't arise in REAL GMAT and even in case of worst possible situation, hopefully GMAC would consider it in a way that is in favor of the test-taker!

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 08:18
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
Thanks Rebecca for your clarification.
I just hope such scenario doesn't arise in REAL GMAT and even in case of worst possible situation, hopefully GMAC would consider it in a way that is in favor of the test-taker!

We hope not, too, babdbmba! We work closely with Pearson Vue to ensure every candidate has a fair testing experience. While incidents can still happen, we try hard to minimize them, and to ensure an outcome that is fair to all GMAT test-takers.

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 271 [0], given: 543

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 04:03
OfficialGMAT wrote:

Hi, Fozzzy! We plan to release the Exam pack this fall, but do not have an exact release date yet. I will keep you posted!

Rebecca

That could be anywhere from September to December. Is it possible to get any information if the Exam pack's release date is close or few months away. This info would be very helpful.

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 06:29
Expert's post
fozzzy wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:

Rebecca

That could be anywhere from September to December. Is it possible to get any information if the Exam pack's release date is close or few months away. This info would be very helpful.

At this time we do not have a more precise date, but we will make an announcement as soon as we have more information.

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2013, 12:29
Expert's post
Hi Rebecca,
Few questions to get clarified from you -
1.Are the 404 questions in GMAC's Question Pack 1 anyway similar to any questions in GMAT Prep SW's 2 mock tests?

2. Is Question Pack 1 a brand new one without any overlap with any of the already published OGs, Quant & Verbal guides?

3. I've old GMAT Prep SW installed in my machine, so if I now download the new version i.e GMAT Prep 2.0, will I get 2 different mock GMAT tests with the newer version or they'll be exactly same as those in the older GMAT Prep SW?

4. Can we reset the questions GMAT Prep SW (old/new)? I heard that we can take these 2 mock GMATs at least twice. So , in both attempts can we expect to see ALL fresh new questions?

Look forward to hear from you.

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2013, 07:06
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
1.Are the 404 questions in GMAC's Question Pack 1 anyway similar to any questions in GMAT Prep SW's 2 mock tests?

2. Is Question Pack 1 a brand new one without any overlap with any of the already published OGs, Quant & Verbal guides?

3. I've old GMAT Prep SW installed in my machine, so if I now download the new version i.e GMAT Prep 2.0, will I get 2 different mock GMAT tests with the newer version or they'll be exactly same as those in the older GMAT Prep SW?

4. Can we reset the questions GMAT Prep SW (old/new)? I heard that we can take these 2 mock GMATs at least twice. So , in both attempts can we expect to see ALL fresh new questions?

I'm happy to answer your questions.

First, all of the questions in the GMATPrep Question Pack are never-before-used in any other Official GMAT prep product. They are all real, retired GMAT exam questions (with the exception of the IR questions). As for whether they are "similar" they are similar in that all Official GMAT products contain real, retired GMAT questions, but the questions you see in the pack have not been used in other products, nor are they just rewrites of other OG product questions.

The most recent upgrade to the free GMATPrep product only addressed new functionality. The question bank remains the same. And finally, for your last question, GMATPrep comes with two practice exams. You can expect to see repeat questions if you take those exams more than one time each. Many students choose to take the practice exams multiple times, but if you do so you should be aware that you will likely see repeat questions, which could falsely inflate your score.

I hope that helps!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2013, 07:24
Hi Rebecca,

Does GMAC still mail a physical official score report? I receieved only the email of the official score, but not the physical report. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2013, 07:42
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

First, all of the questions in the GMATPrep Question Pack are never-before-used in any other Official GMAT prep product. They are all real, retired GMAT exam questions (with the exception of the IR questions). As for whether they are "similar" they are similar in that all Official GMAT products contain real, retired GMAT questions, but the questions you see in the pack have not been used in other products, nor are they just rewrites of other OG product questions.

The most recent upgrade to the free GMATPrep product only addressed new functionality. The question bank remains the same. And finally, for your last question, GMATPrep comes with two practice exams. You can expect to see repeat questions if you take those exams more than one time each. Many students choose to take the practice exams multiple times, but if you do so you should be aware that you will likely see repeat questions, which could falsely inflate your score.

I hope that helps!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you so much for your reply.

Few quick clarifications -
Re : 'new functionality' - do you mean the inclusion of new IR section or something else?

Got your point on the repetition of GMAT Prep questions on multiple attempts. In that case,could you please clarify that after taking the two GMAT Prep tests once, whether it'd be possible to view the un-attempted questions in non-exam mode in order to go through ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW? Or else how one can view ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW apart from taking the two tests once?

In case of multiple attempts, to what extent there could have been overlaps in GMAT Prep tests?

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2013, 07:45
Expert's post
Samwong wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Does GMAC still mail a physical official score report? I receieved only the email of the official score, but not the physical report. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Hello, Samwong. At the time that you registered for the exam, you could elect to receive your score report via mail or email. The default selection is email. If you want to request a physical copy of your report as well, you will need to contact Pearson Vue.

Thanks!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2013, 08:12
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

I hope that helps!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you so much for your reply.

Few quick clarifications -
Re : 'new functionality' - do you mean the inclusion of new IR section or something else?

Got your point on the repetition of GMAT Prep questions on multiple attempts. In that case,could you please clarify that after taking the two GMAT Prep tests once, whether it'd be possible to view the un-attempted questions in non-exam mode in order to go through ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW? Or else how one can view ALL the questions available in GMAT Prep SW apart from taking the two tests once?

In case of multiple attempts, to what extent there could have been overlaps in GMAT Prep tests?

The new functionality includes new tools to help you review your responses, analyze your scores, keep track of your pacing, and customize practice sessions by type and difficulty of questions. You can see more details here: http://officialgmat.mba.com/2013/03/26/ ... fectively/.

There is not a way to view all unanswered questions in the GMATPrep practice exam bank. You can continue to take practice exams from GMATPrep, but we cannot guarantee you will not see repeat questions which, again, can affect your score. As to how many questions you can expect to see in repeat exam attempts, that is not something we can predict. Thank you!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 11:58
Expert's post
Thanks for the clarification Rebecca...Much appreciate.

You've mentioned that we can customize practice sessions, does that mean we can do so for the two practice tests available in the SW or else?

Expert Post

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 12:22
Expert's post
bagdbmba wrote:

You've mentioned that we can customize practice sessions, does that mean we can do so for the two practice tests available in the SW or else?

Great question! Because the practice exams are intended to simulate the real GMAT exam experience, you cannot customize the practice exams. The customization is for the practice questions only. Thanks!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 13:13
Expert's post
OfficialGMAT wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:

Great question! Because the practice exams are intended to simulate the real GMAT exam experience, you cannot customize the practice exams. The customization is for the practice questions only. Thanks!

Rebecca

Great! But I'm bit confused here and my apologies for that... You said that "There is not a way to view all unanswered questions in the GMATPrep practice exam bank.", if so, then how one can customize practice questions outside 2 practice exams? Does that mean GMAT Prep contains questions apart from 2 practice exams?

Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2013, 13:13