Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:45 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
Hi Rebacca

I took test at "Xenitis testing center, Kolkata, India" on 29th May, 2013
Something strange happened. During the test a message appeared that "your response are not being saved". I immediately informed the administrator, he switched the computer and restarted the system. I noticed that i lost almost 5 minutes, but the administrator said its not possible.

Whatever, I do not think its right, that computer presents some hardware error and I have to suffer from concentration and timing point of view.

Is there any provision for re-test without paying anything or something stated in official score about the technical glitch that occurred during test.

Archit

Hello, Archit. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Can you please send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your name, contact information, GMAT ID, and, if you were given on, the incident number for this situation? We will look into this for you. Thank you.

Rebecca

Hi Rebacca
I have mailed on the mentioned email id.
Archit
Send PM
Expert Reply
atreyee87 wrote:
Hi,
I am new to this forum. Actually I wanted some help. I prepared for GMAT for around 1.5 months. I practiced from the GMAT review book and a no of other books. I always made it a point to fix the clock and do the verbal and quantitative accordingly. But when I took the test I, all of a sudden got confused and landed up getting very poor marks in my GMAT. How should I go about it? Please suggest me some method to get a good score.

Thanking You,
Atreyee Chatterjee.

Hello, Atreyee. Sorry to hear you are having trouble cracking the GMAT exam. First, I should emphasize that there is no one study strategy that works for everyone or can guarantee you a specific score. That said, it sounds like you are performing well on your practice exams at home, but that during the exam you were very stressed and did not perform as well as expected. You may want to take a look at the videos on this page: https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day.aspx. The virtual test center tour may help you to feel more confident on test day. We hear from many students who have said that watching the test center tour gave them a better idea of what they needed to do on test day, which helped them relax and focus on the exam. The second video is of recent GMAT test-takers. They gave their best exam-day advice. Hearing from other students about what works for them may give you ideas for how you need to prepare. Remember, the GMAT exam can be a stressful experience for everyone. You are definitely not alone. I wish you the best of luck!

Rebecca
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6040 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
Hi,

I've always wanted to know why we can't carry a bottle of water to the exam hall? Any particular reason for that?

Best Wishes,
Fozzzy
Send PM
Expert Reply
fozzzy wrote:
Hi,

I've always wanted to know why we can't carry a bottle of water to the exam hall? Any particular reason for that?

Best Wishes,
Fozzzy

Hi, Fozzzy. Unfortunately security concerns have caused to to stop allowing any outside materials into the exam. I know it causes inconvenience, and I do apologize for that.

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi,

I had taken GMAT exam twice before and scored a 510 and 620. Now, I have planned to write the GMAT for the third time. But , for this third attempt i have created a new account instead of usinf the account i had used for the first two exams. Will this be a problem ? Please advise.
Send PM
Expert Reply
vasanth0487 wrote:
Hi,

I had taken GMAT exam twice before and scored a 510 and 620. Now, I have planned to write the GMAT for the third time. But , for this third attempt i have created a new account instead of usinf the account i had used for the first two exams. Will this be a problem ? Please advise.

Hello, Vasanth0487. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your name, Date of Birth, and the email addresses you used to register for your accounts, we can merge those for you.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
OfficialGMAT wrote:
vasanth0487 wrote:
Hi,

Hello, Vasanth0487. If you send an email to socialmedia@mba.com with your name, Date of Birth, and the email addresses you used to register for your accounts, we can merge those for you.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. But, what if i don't to merge the accounts? If i wish to take the GMAT with my new account, will that cause a problem ? Please advise.

Thanks
Vasanth
Send PM
Expert Reply
vasanth0487 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
vasanth0487 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. But, what if i don't to merge the accounts? If i wish to take the GMAT with my new account, will that cause a problem ? Please advise.

Thanks
Vasanth

Hi Vasanth,

If you do not merge the accounts, then they will be merged eventually. We strive to have only one unique account per test taker and the palm vein patterns matching helps us in that effort. Having duplicate accounts could potentially cause your GMAT Exam scores to be flagged for review or subject to cancellation.

Thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi,

What's the minimum amount of time required to book an exam date? Can we book a date 24 hours / 48 hours in advance? Also how can I change the e-mail I'm currently using as my Login Id at Mba.com. Can it be done directly or is there a procedure?

Best,
Fozzzy
Send PM
Expert Reply
fozzzy wrote:
Hi,

What's the minimum amount of time required to book an exam date? Can we book a date 24 hours / 48 hours in advance? Also how can I change the e-mail I'm currently using as my Login Id at Mba.com. Can it be done directly or is there a procedure?

Best,
Fozzzy

Hi Fozzy,

You can schedule an exam 24 hours before the exam start time, based on availability. You can change your email address by logging into your mba.com account and going to mymba.com.

Good luck in your studies!
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi,

I have two questions. First, is there a penalty if you don't complete the IR section on time?

Second, is this process repeated ( Photo etc Link below) every time someone takes the GMAT exam. Lets say, someone takes the test twice.

https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day.aspx

Best,
Fozzzy
Send PM
Expert Reply
fozzzy wrote:
Hi,

I have two questions. First, is there a penalty if you don't complete the IR section on time?

Second, is this process repeated ( Photo etc Link below) every time someone takes the GMAT exam. Lets say, someone takes the test twice.

https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day.aspx

Best,
Fozzzy

Thanks for the questions, Fozzzy! There is a penalty for not completing the IR section. The IR section is scored separately and does not count toward your total score, but your IR score will be affected by a failure to complete the section.

As for your section question, the answer is yes, you will need to undergo the full check-in process each time you take the exam, including presenting proper identification and undergoing the palm vein scan. This allows us to verify that you are who you say you are.

Good luck in your studies!

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi

I have few unanswered questions. Would really appreciate if someone could answer

1) If I chose to send my first GMAT exam's scores to a B-school, but did not chose that B-school in second take, will the B-school have access to my 2nd GMAT score?
2) In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I chose B-school during my GMAT?
3) Can I request additional score reporting before receiving my official score, say, next day of my GMAT?
4) If 3) is yes, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the next day of my GMAT?
5) If 3) is No, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the day I receive official score?

Thanks!!!

Sorry, If am violating forum rules by re-posting this question! :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
saurabhbatra2 wrote:
Hi

I have few unanswered questions. Would really appreciate if someone could answer

1) If I chose to send my first GMAT exam's scores to a B-school, but did not chose that B-school in second take, will the B-school have access to my 2nd GMAT score?
2) In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I chose B-school during my GMAT?
3) Can I request additional score reporting before receiving my official score, say, next day of my GMAT?
4) If 3) is yes, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the next day of my GMAT?
5) If 3) is No, In how many days will my scores be reported to a B-school If I select the B-school on the day I receive official score?

Thanks!!!

Thanks for all the questions! I will answer them in order:

1) Your GMAT score report will include all GMAT exams taken in the past five years. If you retake the exam, but do not send the updated score report, the school will not see the most recent score.
2) Your Official Score Report takes 20 days to process, so schools will receive a copy of the report 21 days after the time you take the exam.
3) You can send your score report to up to five schools on the day of the exam at no extra charge. If you choose to send your report to more schools, or to do so after the exam, you will need to pay the $28 fee per additional score report.
4) If you choose to wait until the day after the exam to send your score reports (and pay the fee) your Official Score Report will still take 20 days after the time you took the exam, as your exam will still be in the process of being scored.
5) Once your Official Score report is ready (which is 20 calendar days afer you take the exam) additional Official Score Reports can be sent to schools within 7 calendar days.

I hope that clarifies things.

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Thanks Rebecca for your reply.
If I have understood you well, I can request additional score reporting (other than the five I selected during exam) before I receive my official score, But it will take approximately 7 days after official score is genertated, for my reports to reach B-school, irrespective of the day in the '20 day period' I place the request?
OfficialGMAT wrote:
saurabhbatra2 wrote:
Hi

Thanks!!!

Thanks for all the questions! I will answer them in order:

1) Your GMAT score report will include all GMAT exams taken in the past five years. If you retake the exam, but do not send the updated score report, the school will not see the most recent score.
2) Your Official Score Report takes 20 days to process, so schools will receive a copy of the report 21 days after the time you take the exam.
3) You can send your score report to up to five schools on the day of the exam at no extra charge. If you choose to send your report to more schools, or to do so after the exam, you will need to pay the $28 fee per additional score report.
4) If you choose to wait until the day after the exam to send your score reports (and pay the fee) your Official Score Report will still take 20 days after the time you took the exam, as your exam will still be in the process of being scored.
5) Once your Official Score report is ready (which is 20 calendar days afer you take the exam) additional Official Score Reports can be sent to schools within 7 calendar days.

I hope that clarifies things.

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Hello,

I gave my GMAT exam on July 20. Today, when I logged in to mba.com , I saw the status on the GMAT history as 'Score Reportable'..
However I haven't received any e-mail communication to access my official score. I also fear that the email might have ended up in Spam but I deleted all my SPAM emails. I called up customer service. According to the customer rep, she has no way to track if an e-mail was sent to me and she cannot send me an e-mail..
I am worried that I might not be able to find out my AWA and IR scores. Please help !

(I do have the unofficial report and the authentication code.. I just don't have the URL to access my GMAT score)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
gmatgeek wrote:
Hello,

I gave my GMAT exam on July 20. Today, when I logged in to mba.com , I saw the status on the GMAT history as 'Score Reportable'..
However I haven't received any e-mail communication to access my official score. I also fear that the email might have ended up in Spam but I deleted all my SPAM emails. I called up customer service. According to the customer rep, she has no way to track if an e-mail was sent to me and she cannot send me an e-mail..
I am worried that I might not be able to find out my AWA and IR scores. Please help !

(I do have the unofficial report and the authentication code.. I just don't have the URL to access my GMAT score)

Please ignore this. I received the e-mail today. However I would like to have one recommendation .If we can have a central place where we can login anytime and view the GMAT score (instead of waiting for a personalized link), it would help to reduce anxiety . Makingthe score accessible in mba.com would be even better. Thanks !
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29