Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 03:08 It is currently 06 May 2024, 03:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.46
WE:Corporate Finance (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6313 [0]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: 670 (43 Q 40 V) Should I retake? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi xiaoyuzhan,

First off, a 670 is a strong score (it's above the 80th percentile overall), so it could be enough to get you into your first-choice School. As such, a retest might not be necessary. Based on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of them here:

ask-admission-consultants-124/

If you do choose to retest though, we have to examine how you were studying for the Quant section before. Once you've decided on whether to retest or not, you should post back here (or you can PM me directly) and we can talk through your study options going forward.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
I was in a similar position. I have a 690 and wanted to apply to top schools. However, a 690 would mean I really really need to shine in all other areas. That is a huge risk considering that improvement on the GMAT is much faster than making improvements on your resume, personal story, etc. Because you are not applying this year, you got a ton of time to retake. I know the studying sucked. But do it. You can totally do it. Trust me, I am not saying that because I want to be positive. I am saying that because I know anyone can get a high score. Even I doubted myself when I couldn't break 700. But I eventually got it. Why? Cause everyone kept telling me I could. I was the only one who thought it as an insurmountable chasm whose sole purpose in life was to swallow me whole.

Trust, you can totally do it. I freaking (you know what I mean, :lol: ) believe in you.

In caes you are curious about how I did it:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/broke-the-barrier-690-to-224969.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: 99colleges.com
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Wharton
Send PM
Hi xiaoyuzhan,

The bigger concern between 670 and 52 percentile is 52 percentile, especially if you don’t have other shining Quant things in your academic or professional experience.

In this regard, you may find this post useful:

Why Quant Is More Important than Verbal in GMAT, and How to Compensate for a Low Score?
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would certainly consider reapplying given your target programs. Right now your GMAT is fringe for your targets. I would aim to hit or exceed the avg scores to maximize your chances especially since you left some points on the table
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Like others have said, I'd consider reapplying. With a couple of weeks and some determination you can definitely get that quant score up which will likely get you in that 700+ club. Plus you don't want the stress and constant second guessing yourself while applying to schools
GMAT Club Bot