Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 07:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 37
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Schools: dont know yet
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 25

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 22:46
Take an inside look at what happens behind the scenes when you submit your application materials to UNC Kenan-Flagler for MBA admissions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmDXuOKd ... re=channel

found this video on youtube.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [1] , given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 19:03
1
This post received
KUDOS
ummm ok.... I got an interview invite even though I havent submitted my app and recs only 1 in - the website did say they could review app at "any time" when there's suff info... so should I schedule an interview or wait till i submit my app? Also, since interview is counted equal can i just schedule with alum nearby? cheers
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 07:05
shaselai wrote:
ummm ok.... I got an interview invite even though I havent submitted my app and recs only 1 in - the website did say they could review app at "any time" when there's suff info... so should I schedule an interview or wait till i submit my app? Also, since interview is counted equal can i just schedule with alum nearby? cheers


Firstly, congrats on the invite. I was also invited without submitting. In the years past I believe they done this (invited applicants to interview before submitting their essays and recs).

If you can't make it to Chapel Hill (it's a beautiful town if you haven't been), then I'm sure interviewing with an alumni wouldn't hurt your chances.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 11:14
mba20thirteen wrote:
shaselai wrote:
ummm ok.... I got an interview invite even though I havent submitted my app and recs only 1 in - the website did say they could review app at "any time" when there's suff info... so should I schedule an interview or wait till i submit my app? Also, since interview is counted equal can i just schedule with alum nearby? cheers


Firstly, congrats on the invite. I was also invited without submitting. In the years past I believe they done this (invited applicants to interview before submitting their essays and recs).

If you can't make it to Chapel Hill (it's a beautiful town if you haven't been), then I'm sure interviewing with an alumni wouldn't hurt your chances.



are you interviewing on campus? I emailed them and they said the Alum interview doesnt start till NOV - still within the NOV28 deadline for EA students... I think I will do EA for security blanket since they seem to like me to offer invite without me submitting app...
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 11:39
Add me for Early Decision. Wrapping up my application by the end of this weekend.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 11:39
bseeker wrote:
Add me for Early Decision. Wrapping up my application by the end of this weekend.


Done. What are your stats? I can incorporate them into the application profile.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 05:59
shaselai wrote:
hmm... my rec is having trouble submitting rec form... So Kenan gives the rec a pdf form to fill - it has a 200KB upload limit but the EMPTY form is 250ish KB - wtf? She said she could try to copy and past to a word doc but what Kenan did is epic fail imo.


All of my recommendations are having the same issue -- I'm quite blown away by their system. It's incredibly frustrating. To go along with the recommendation problem, my GMAT scores are MIA according to their system. Joy.

shaselai wrote:
I think I will do EA for security blanket since they seem to like me to offer invite without me submitting app...


While I have no doubt that you're a strong candidate, I would be cautious with this thinking -- their system snafu with my recommendations means they haven't seen those, their system snafu with my GMAT score means they haven't seen that, and I have only my name/age/gender entered on my application (meaning they know absolutely nothing about me) and I still received that same interview invite. I thought their email was comical in my case -- "This is a positive indication of our assessment of your candidacy." -- I know for a fact they know nothing of my credentials.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 06:21
Biggs wrote:
shaselai wrote:
hmm... my rec is having trouble submitting rec form... So Kenan gives the rec a pdf form to fill - it has a 200KB upload limit but the EMPTY form is 250ish KB - wtf? She said she could try to copy and past to a word doc but what Kenan did is epic fail imo.


All of my recommendations are having the same issue -- I'm quite blown away by their system. It's incredibly frustrating. To go along with the recommendation problem, my GMAT scores are MIA according to their system. Joy.

shaselai wrote:
I think I will do EA for security blanket since they seem to like me to offer invite without me submitting app...


While I have no doubt that you're a strong candidate, I would be cautious with this thinking -- their system snafu with my recommendations means they haven't seen those, their system snafu with my GMAT score means they haven't seen that, and I have only my name/age/gender entered on my application (meaning they know absolutely nothing about me) and I still received that same interview invite. I thought their email was comical in my case -- "This is a positive indication of our assessment of your candidacy." -- I know for a fact they know nothing of my credentials.



do they see your GPA maybe you got a high one? I only have 1 rec in and other than that the app is "complete". My GPA is low so i think if anything my GMAT prob made their decision. But UNC is a decent school so i dont think they are twiddling their thumbs and scrap up interview invites just because you know? Maybe they liked your essays too - gmat is only one part of the app...

Just FYI they havent received my gmat either but i think they prob just look at the numbers listed.
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 06:30
shaselai wrote:
Biggs wrote:
shaselai wrote:
hmm... my rec is having trouble submitting rec form... So Kenan gives the rec a pdf form to fill - it has a 200KB upload limit but the EMPTY form is 250ish KB - wtf? She said she could try to copy and past to a word doc but what Kenan did is epic fail imo.


All of my recommendations are having the same issue -- I'm quite blown away by their system. It's incredibly frustrating. To go along with the recommendation problem, my GMAT scores are MIA according to their system. Joy.

shaselai wrote:
I think I will do EA for security blanket since they seem to like me to offer invite without me submitting app...


While I have no doubt that you're a strong candidate, I would be cautious with this thinking -- their system snafu with my recommendations means they haven't seen those, their system snafu with my GMAT score means they haven't seen that, and I have only my name/age/gender entered on my application (meaning they know absolutely nothing about me) and I still received that same interview invite. I thought their email was comical in my case -- "This is a positive indication of our assessment of your candidacy." -- I know for a fact they know nothing of my credentials.



do they see your GPA maybe you got a high one? I only have 1 rec in and other than that the app is "complete". My GPA is low so i think if anything my GMAT prob made their decision. But UNC is a decent school so i dont think they are twiddling their thumbs and scrap up interview invites just because you know? Maybe they liked your essays too - gmat is only one part of the app...


I literally have nothing submitted -- my application is currently empty save for my name, age, and gender. No essays, no GMAT due to their screwy system, and no recommendations.

Go into your interview confident -- like I said, I'm sure you're a strong candidate, I just dont want people getting their hopes up that they are pretty much guaranteed a spot due to receiving an interview invite when clearly (as is my case), they'll interview pretty much anyone who starts an application.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 07:45
haha i see. i just found out i forgot to submit my gmat scores so i just did it... well maybe bump me to R2? well i will setup interview in NOV and see how it goes.
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 09:12
if your gmat was high maybe they considered... i know my rec for both still in "not received" when the adcom has acknowledged one of them.. so yeah it is kinda weird like that...
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 10:58
piyushagarwal wrote:
Hi guys,
I am still deciding whether. Shld apply to this school.
I chq out the school a bit and it looks interesting.
I am more inclined toward GM and entrepreneurship..
The other schools I have in mind are stanford and duke.
Am I on the right path? Should I go for kenan?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device Image


piyushagarwal, KFBS is a premier school for entrepreneurship. They have fantastic practitioner faculty and their proximity to the research triangle is not something that should be ignored. I suggest you reach out to some of the MBA Ambassadors listed on KFBS's website (they're incredibly helpful) and see if the school is a good fit for you. If nothing else, I would highly recommend that you explore the possibility further. Good luck!

ps: for what it's worth UNC's campus is one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever visited.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 11:21
are you at kenan now ariel? I am a bit worried about the low job rate post grad from kenan...
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 368
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 13:09
shaselai wrote:
are you at kenan now ariel? I am a bit worried about the low job rate post grad from kenan...


No, I'm not. Yeah that is something to be concerned about but hopefully things are looking up this year. KFBS has strong connections in the area as well as in NYC (finance mainly). It would be more challenging to find work if your interests lie elsewhere, or I should say a big part of your job search will likely be off-campus.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 331
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 07:42
can people who get their interview invitation be kind enough to share their profile with us?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
angel2009 wrote:
can people who get their interview invitation be kind enough to share their profile with us?


well i dont know since from Biggs's comment it seems they invite 'everyone' since he had very little on his profile. I had the app filled out with no official scores sent at that time and 1 rep sent. So basically you are looking at somebody being invited due to possibly his profile vs someone who had very little... I think we need some more people here to step up if they got invites to shed more light on this. I am hesitant to ask the admission about this since it *might* be a negative for me you know?
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 16:07
Hey folks,

I just got an interview invite this evening. I filled out some data on the application, but it was limited to personal information, test scores, and work experience. I just filled it out yesterday so either they send an invite to everyone, or they have a trigger from test scores or something.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2010, 16:13
BusinessWeek's Kenan-Flagler profile states:

"Applicants (admitted and denied) who were interviewed: 97%"

I would say that pretty much everyone gets an interview.

Best of luck to all of you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 06:34
Count me in for R2
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 12:54
Guys, ppl who got invites to interview did you get an email invite?

And wat is this interviews&campus visits link on the student centre ?is it available to everyone?
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2010, 12:54
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
12 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants nktdotgupta 269 05 Oct 2012, 22:01
11 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants Class2012 368 14 Jul 2009, 07:24
2 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! johncoctostan 106 30 Aug 2008, 10:31
8 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants nervousgmat 191 16 Aug 2007, 06:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  37    Next  [ 723 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.