Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
purpleshirt wrote:
Hi all - I had my interview last week and wanted to share my experiences! Do people still have upcoming interviews or are they almost all over?

Overall thoughts: The interview was on campus, and everyone in the admissions office is incredibly friendly and nice. It's a typical blind interview...and compared to other schools, this one was my least stressful. There were no tricky or difficult questions at all. But one thing that struck me a bit odd is that there was hardly any follow-up questions to my answers. We were completely done in 30 minutes, including my questions and plenty of "non-interview" conversation. At least I never felt rushed. Did anyone else think their interview was a bit short???

Questions:
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why MBA
3. Leadership style
4. Lesson from teamwork
5. What do you do outside of work
6. What do you want to highlight in your application

Hope that helps! PM me if you have any specific questions! Here's to waiting for Dec. 19!!!!!

Same, not a lot of follow up questions. Mostly listening to me speak, taking notes, and moving on to the next question. hopefully that means we were very clear, concise, and complete in our responses :-D .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Have all the interview invites(international) been sent....my application went under review 10 days back and have not heard anything yet.... any applicants from india still waiting for calls....have a feeling that it is too late...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
rakuppin wrote:
Have all the interview invites(international) been sent....my application went under review 10 days back and have not heard anything yet.... any applicants from india still waiting for calls....have a feeling that it is too late...

Tepper has a policy of sending out invites till the day they declare results. So as of now, there is no point getting negative. I would suggest concentrating on the rest of the applications. Which other schools are you applying ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
zohaibmahmood wrote:
rakuppin wrote:

Tepper has a policy of sending out invites till the day they declare results. So as of now, there is no point getting negative. I would suggest concentrating on the rest of the applications. Which other schools are you applying ?

Yup...true... but would they really be sending invites so late in the round? donno but lets hope for the best :) ....i have applied to UNC,Duke and UCLA....
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: International High IQ Society
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.68
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
rakuppin wrote:

Hey,

I am an applicant from India.
I submitted my application on deadline day

Interview invite - 28th October
Interviewed on - 18th Nov (Skype interview with member of Adcom)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 05-19-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Feels really bad for not having received interview invite as yet..! anybody else in the same pool..??
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Hey everybody, I haven't been active on this forum yet but I just finished my interview this morning so I thought I'd share my experience.

First off, my interview was with Lauren Capone. She was extremely nice, informational, and easy to talk to. Questions:

1. Tell me about yourself academically and professionally starting with undergrad and leading up to now.
2. Why an MBA now?
3. Why a Tepper MBA?
4. What type of leader are you?
5. Biggest perceived weakness in your application and what steps are you taking to address it?

Then she asked if I had any questions. My interview only lasted 16 minutes but part of that is because I only had two questions since I visited the school for a weekend last month.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Send PM
asrider wrote:
Feels really bad for not having received interview invite as yet..! anybody else in the same pool..??

Keep the faith! You put together the best app you could, and there's still 17 days left which is plenty of time to get an interview invite.
Director
Director
Send PM
I'm a Consortium applicant, so I did my interview with Linwood Harris on Wednesday.

2. Why MBA?
3. What have you done to support the Consortium?
4. Leadership and teamwork examples
5. How are you going to hit the ground running at Tepper?
6. What do you do outside of work?
7. Any questions for the interviewer?

30 minutes on the dot. Interview started out a little shaky, but once we got to the Consortium question everything got dialed in real quick. We talked a lot about social impact since that's my post-MBA goal, and I pitched a few related ideas I had to improve the program. Talked about family and the partners club, so on the whole I think I got to present myself as a well-rounded tech guy :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi Guys!

I am a re-applicant from India and am still waiting for that "Interview Invite" email :( I had sent all application components to Dana Lovas. Anyone in the same boat?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SR85 wrote:
Hi Guys!

I am a re-applicant from India and am still waiting for that "Interview Invite" email :( I had sent all application components to Dana Lovas. Anyone in the same boat?

I was just wondering - did you take the feedback from Tepper? I have heard tht Tepper provides feedback to candidates ?

What is your profile btw ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zohaibmahmood wrote:
SR85 wrote:
Hi Guys!

I was just wondering - did you take the feedback from Tepper? I have heard tht Tepper provides feedback to candidates ?

Hey thanks for the reply. Do you know how to get feedback from the adcom? Did you receive any invite yet? My profile:

IT Consulting
WE: 4 years 6 months
GMAT: 700, 5.5
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SR85 wrote:
zohaibmahmood wrote:
SR85 wrote:
Hi Guys!

Hey thanks for the reply. Do you know how to get feedback from the adcom? Did you receive any invite yet? My profile:

IT Consulting

Generally the feedback is taken around August. It is meant for students who were unsuccessful in the first attempt and are planning to apply again. This is the first time I am applying so I dont know how to get the feedback.

Yes, I already got an invite and I am done with my interview. Now waiting eagerly for the results. Tepper sends interview invites till the result deadline. So hang on and Best of luck !!

Btw I am also in IT consulting with WE of 4 years 6 months :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Hi Tepper applicants! FYI if you're applying to Tepper through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to reflect that you are applying through the Consortium.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to and the Consortium round you'll be applying in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of useful tips for your application and assessment of your candidacy.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zohaibmahmood wrote:
SR85 wrote:
zohaibmahmood wrote:

IT Consulting

Generally the feedback is taken around August. It is meant for students who were unsuccessful in the first attempt and are planning to apply again. This is the first time I am applying so I dont know how to get the feedback.

Yes, I already got an invite and I am done with my interview. Now waiting eagerly for the results. Tepper sends interview invites till the result deadline. So hang on and Best of luck !!

Btw I am also in IT consulting with WE of 4 years 6 months :)

Hey! Thanks for the wishes buddy! But considering the number of days left, I don't see any signs of hope :( Anyways, good luck for your result :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
thereddevil wrote:
Just scheduled my interview on 28th nov 2011. International applicant. Fingers crossed!

My telephonic interview was scheduled with Mr. James Frick, the Director of Admissions team. However, he could not get through to my number for over 15 minutes since there were some network issues. He also suggested to have Skype interview without video, but by the time I responded to him, we were already 20 minutes late. Finally, he suggested that he would ask Carol (She takes care of interview scheduling) to reschedule the interview again since he was busy with his schedule. I am very thankful that he was very accommodative and suggested to reschedule. Hope this would not be something negative for my application though!..Any thoughts?

Had my interview yesterday with the Adcom member. The questions were

2. Why and what do you want to gain out of an MBA
3. Why Tepper
4. How would I contribute to Tepper
5. What do I do in my free time

The interview lasted exactly 30 minutes including the questions I asked her.

The interviewer Ashlie Prioleau was very friendly and made me feel comfortable while answering the questions. However, I felt that I could have done a lot better. The wait continues till 19th Dec. Not too hopeful of a positive response from Tepper :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
thereddevil wrote:
Not too hopeful of a positive response from Tepper :(

Hey man, if you're not in, then no one's getting in :-D International, killer GMAT and Q score, tech background and MBA concentration.

12 days to go, we're almost therrreeeee!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts