Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 1.62
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
PP90210 wrote:
For those who got the interview when did you submit the video essay?

Submitted around 9/24
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
PP90210 wrote:
For those who got the interview when did you submit the video essay?

9/27
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I received the interview invitation today too and I submitted and completed my video essays on 9/22. It may staged in rounds based on location.

As to responding, I didn't write anything lengthy or cover-letter esque. I just explained that I was a Kellogg applicant and had been instructed to contact her. Then I asked for her availability.
Kellogg School Moderator
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
How long have you guys received to get done with the interview? What's the timeline?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
finmaster wrote:
How long have you guys received to get done with the interview? What's the timeline?

"Please contact the alumnus to schedule and complete the interview within 14 days of receipt of this email."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Any Asian guys got the off-campus interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
flyfairy019 wrote:
Any Asian guys got the off-campus interview invitation?

Nope. Not for me. Still waiting.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: President Obama speaks to Kellogg students; WATCH LIVE

President Barack Obama arrived on the Northwestern University campus Thursday to deliver a major address on the economy to students at the Kellogg School of Management.

President Obama’s speech began at 1:15 p.m. (CT), and can be viewed live at the link below.

In a press release announcing the event, Northwestern University President Morton Schapiro said: “I am extremely pleased to announce that President Barack Obama will come to Northwestern’s campus in Evanston to make a major address about the economy and his plans to keep expanding opportunity for Americans. We’re excited by the opportunity to welcome President Obama to our campus.”

Kellogg Dean Sally Blount was also quoted in the same release.

“The Kellogg School of Management educates many of the world’s future business leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs,” Blount said. “I know our students will be eager to hear from President Obama on this topic.”

Stay tuned here at the Kellogg-Full-Time MBA blog and on the Kellogg website for a recap and reaction to the event.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Economy, Obama, President Obama
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: President Obama speaks to Kellogg students

President Barack Obama arrived on the Northwestern University campus Thursday to deliver a major address on the economy to students at the Kellogg School of Management.

President Obama’s entire speech can be viewed at the link below.

In a press release announcing the event, Northwestern University President Morton Schapiro said: “I am extremely pleased to announce that President Barack Obama will come to Northwestern’s campus in Evanston to make a major address about the economy and his plans to keep expanding opportunity for Americans. We’re excited by the opportunity to welcome President Obama to our campus.”

Kellogg Dean Sally Blount was also quoted in the same release.

“The Kellogg School of Management educates many of the world’s future business leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs,” Blount said. “I know our students will be eager to hear from President Obama on this topic.”

Stay tuned here at the Kellogg-Full-Time MBA blog and on the Kellogg website for a recap and reaction to the event.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: Economy, Obama, President Obama
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Obama to Kellogg: Business is the future

Speaking to an assembly of Kellogg students, President Barack Obama on Thursday said the business leaders of tomorrow are the key to a strong economy.

“There is a reason why I came to a business school instead of a school of government,” Obama said. “I actually believe business is the greatest force for prosperity and opportunity that the world has ever known.”

Obama spoke at Cahn Auditorium to a crowd of Kellogg students in what university President Morton Schapiro called “a very special day in the life of Northwestern” in his introduction to the president.

“This is a university that is brimming with the possibility of the new economy,” Obama said as he began his address. “You can’t help but visit a campus like this and feel the promise of the future.”

‘A clear-eyed look’

Obama, who delivered the commencement address for the Class of ’06, said on Thursday it was time for “a clear-eyed look at our economy.”

“The gains of recovery are not yet broadly shared, or at least broadly shared enough,” Obama said.

In a speech that touched on issues including education, health care and energy, the president also spoke on the importance of parity for women in business, praising Dean Sally Blount ’92 for her work in this area.

“Let’s do what Dean Blount is doing here at Kellogg,” Obama said, speaking of Blount’s work with the White House.

Read more about President Obama’s speech to Kellogg students.

Watch President Obama’s entire speech.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: business school, Economy, Obama, President Obama
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Photos of President Obama’s visit to Kellogg
President Barack Obama visited the Northwestern University campus Thursday to deliver a major economy speech in front of current students at the Kellogg School of Management. Below is a collection of photos from the event.

Click to view slideshow.
Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: business school, Economy, Obama, President Obama
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Off-campus interview scheduled. Next Thursday in Seattle. Gotta prepare.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
https://poetsandquants.com/2014/10/02/wh ... gg-school/

The President's visit is an amazing success! Just as we expected! :)

Way to go Kellogg!!! What an achievement! I wish Mr. President will be the chief guest to open Kellogg's "new building" next year :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
For those of you who were already invited for an off-campus interview: did anything show up on your application status page indicating that you were invited?

I submitted everything on 9/15, and I'm hoping to hear from them soon. I am in Orlando - maybe there aren't a ton of alums here? My understanding is that everyone is invited to interview. Is that correct?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
No my applicant page hasn't changed. There isn't anything about the interview.

Yes, Kellogg interviews everyone. I'm sure they are just staggering them over the next couple months since they have to interview so many people. I can't imagine getting an interview email earlier or later is any indicator of success.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: #MyKellogg Photos of the Week: Oct. 3

Thanks to everyone who tagged their photos of President Barack Obama’s speech with #MyKellogg. Rather than choosing just one picture, here are some of the favorites from the day. Keep taking pictures of your life at Kellogg and tag them with #MyKellogg, and maybe we’ll highlight your picture in the coming weeks.

Follow @KelloggSchool on Instagram to get more looks at life at Kellogg.

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Leading the Pledge of Allegiance during President Obama’s trip to Kellogg

I received a phone call from Dean Betsy Ziegler on Wednesday afternoon, asking for me to call her back as soon as possible. When I returned her call, Dean Ziegler said, “We have submitted your name and it was approved to say the Pledge of Allegiance before President Obama. Would you be willing to represent Kellogg and lead the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance?”

I told her that I would be honored.

President Barack Obama was going to speak to Kellogg students, and the nation, about the economy, and I was going to say the Pledge of Allegiance prior to his speech.

After hanging up the phone, the pressure of the situation I just agreed to set in! The Pledge of Allegiance is something we all know, so why all of a sudden did it seem like there were so many words to memorize?!

I started rehearsing throughout the afternoon. After telling my family what I would be doing for the event, there was one common theme of advice: don’t mess it up.

I arrived at the event on Thursday around 11 a.m. to be shown into Cahn Auditorium. About an hour later, I was shown backstage with Ethan Simpson, a graduate student at the Bienen School of Music, who would be singing the National Anthem. After a brief wait, the announcer said over the speakers, “Ladies and gentlemen, please stand and join Zach Frisbie in saying the Pledge of Allegiance.”

As soon as I walked on stage, I realized there must be an issue with the speakers because the audience clearly did not hear the message. Everyone was standing in small groups casually talking. I can only imagine people thinking, “Who is this guy on stage?”

As I approached the podium, I asked everyone to please stand and join me in reciting the Pledge. All nerves vanished as the crowd joined me in honoring the flag. As a veteran of the United States Army, I was extremely proud to represent Kellogg.

President Obama discussed many important topics in his speech, but there are two that really stuck out to me. The first is the importance of innovation and how that drives growth in the economy. As he talked about the emergence of the energy industry and reduced dependence on foreign oil, a majority of that growth is a result of entrepreneurs within the industry finding new solutions and allowing for us to secure our energy independence. We must continually look at new ways of doing things better, staying at the front of new and emerging technologies to be the market leader.

The second point came at the end of his speech. The President stated that as we continue our pursuit of profits in business, we do so with a sense of purpose and help to bring other Americans along with our success. We at Kellogg understand the importance of inspiring growth in others, collaborating with others and building teams to solve complex problems.

It was a historic and memorable day to have an opportunity to listen to the President of the United States. Kellogg was the perfect setting for such an important speech on the future of business in America.

Zach Frisbie is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program. Prior to Kellogg, he graduated from the United States Military Academy and spent six years in the United States Army, leading soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. He plans on entering a career in general management following graduation.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: 2Y, Obama, President Obama
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts