GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Why Do YOU Need an MBA?

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Download Why MBA and learn how to determine your MBA goals and weave them into a compelling essay!

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 22:23
big4sucks wrote:
phlaym39 wrote:
big4sucks wrote:
finished my video essay!! was actually way less painful than i thought it would be!

does anyone know if we need to send official score reports to Kellogg for the application to be complete? when i took the GMATs, i didnt list Kellogg on the list of schools so they don't have a copy of my official score report. my applicant status page reads "Please note, unofficial test scores will be accepted during the review stage, however, all applicants should ensure that official test scores are sent to Kellogg for verification purposes". Does this mean i can send them whenever or I should be rushing to get these to them ASAP?

You should probably get it out of the way sooner rather than later. If I remember correctly, they asked us to upload the official score report as well if we had them. My score was "verified" before I even submitted the application

yeah you are right, I should send out the score report soon. i don't recall uploading the unofficial score report for kellogg and its not showing up in my application proof...can anyone confirm if they asked for this in the application?? also, i noticed the only GMAT scores that showed up as 'verified' for me were the ones for schools that i listed on GMAT while taking the exam.

Yes. they did ask for it in the application. In my application, it does show as verified. I sent the official score report separately about 10 days before the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 04:23
sachdix wrote:

Yes. they did ask for it in the application. In my application, it does show as verified. I sent the official score report separately about 10 days before the deadline.

oh crap, i cant believe i forgot to include that! how the heck did i not notice that when i was reviewing my application??? ughhh...

is there anyone i should reach out to in particular at Kellogg to figure out what to do? or should i just call the number for admissions listed on their website??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 04:27
big4sucks wrote:
sachdix wrote:

oh crap, i cant believe i forgot to include that! how the heck did i not notice that when i was reviewing my application??? ughhh...

is there anyone i should reach out to in particular at Kellogg to figure out what to do? or should i just call the number for admissions listed on their website??

I am not sure. I guess you should call that number only!
Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 07:11
Man, my video essays sucked... I just hope that I have a chance to redeem myself.

Has anyone heard about interview invites yet?

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Manager
Manager
How to ace your MBA video essay, by Crain’s Chicago Business  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 08:16
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: How to ace your MBA video essay, by Crain’s Chicago Business

Crain’s Chicago Business put together this fun, two-minute video of tips for applicants to consider when submitting the video essay portion of their MBA applications. Have a look at the video and the accompanying article to learn why Kellogg values the online video essay.

Learn more about Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA Program.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Admissions Tagged: admissions, Crain's Chicago Business, online video essay, video, video essay portion, video essays Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.28
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 15:28
big4sucks wrote:
sachdix wrote:

It says not verified, but when I looked at it again, I'm pretty sure you can just upload a copy of your score report and it is something that can be verified when you are admitted (same as for official transcripts).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Booth '17, AGSM '18
GPA: 1.62

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 16:45
Done! What questions did you guys get? I got if you could meet one person, who would it be.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 03:22
dtse86 wrote:
Man, my video essays sucked... I just hope that I have a chance to redeem myself.

Has anyone heard about interview invites yet?

In the same boat! Mine was horrible :-( despite doing a ton of practice videos. Oh well.

Haven't heard anything RE interviews yet. Although I'm doing an off campus one.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Concentration: General Management

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 04:52
Been so crazy at work, that I have left this really late. Will be doing the Video Essays first thing tom morning. Is the interest in Kellogg question.. literally Why Kellogg? Would appreciate any guidance that the group could offer.
Manager
Manager
Why I chose the Kellogg One-Year MBA Program: Juliana Merola ’14  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I chose the Kellogg One-Year MBA Program: Juliana Merola ’14

Juliana Merola ’14 was laser-focused on financial services — and had been for some time. She worked in banking for years and even had a finance degree. So Kellogg’s Full-Time One-Year Program was a perfect fit. The program’s accelerated format enabled her to bypass core curriculum and zero-in on courses that would strengthen and propel her career.

ABOUT THE ONE-YEAR PROGRAM

Our One-Year MBA Program is your fastest path to a Kellogg MBA. It is designed to build upon your business fundamentals and get you back in the workforce with new skills and knowledge that will propel your career forward. From June to June, you’ll immerse yourself in the rigorous curriculum, learn from world-class faculty and build leadership experience and a supportive network that will help you immediately and throughout your career.

Now in its 50th year, Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program was one of the first programs of its kind in the country. Unlike other programs, our One-Year MBA allows you to bypass core classes and immediate dive into advanced studies that are customized to your career goals and set you apart from the competition. At the same time, you still will be able to take advantage of the vast experiential learning opportunities; world-renowned faculty and distinct cross-disciplinary thought leadership model that makes Kellogg stand out.

Learn more about the One-Year MBA Program.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, finance, One-year, One-Year MBA Program Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 13:33
I heard someone got the video essay question: "Explain to me what a DCF is"

....just kidding. relax guys, just be yourself.
Manager
Manager
Alumni Spotlight: Jen Moore ’04  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 06:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Alumni Spotlight: Jen Moore ’04
Get to know some of Kellogg’s alumni who are bringing bold entrepreneurial visions to life.

It’s a familiar scenario: You get home from work — starving, tired and wondering what’s for dinner. Do you cook? Or do you order takeout?

Jen Moore ’04 wants you to choose the former. And her company, Meez Meals, is making the process a whole lot easier.

Founded in 2010, Meez Meals is an Evanston-based service that delivers prepped ingredients and simple recipes for making quick, tasty meals at home. Its name comes from the French phrase “mise en place,” a culinary term for ingredients that have been prepped and organized for cooking.

Each week, customers choose from an ever-changing menu of meatless meals, such as Arugula Pesto Orecchiette, Tacos Provençal and Spinach Pancakes with Basil Corn Relish, and select the number of servings. The following Monday, they get a cooler delivered to their door with all the ingredients pre-chopped and portioned, along with step-by-step instructions for making the dishes in 30 minutes or less.

Cooking up a solution

As a Kellogg student, Moore knew that she eventually wanted to start her own company, but didn’t know what it would be. She studied brand management “because it would give me the experience of running all aspects of a business, owning a P&L, managing cross-functional teams and all those other wonderful things,” she says. “That path turned out to be a great one, giving me the experience I needed to launch my own business.”

Moore came up with the idea for Meez Meals in 2009, while she was still working as a brand manger for Unilever. She noticed that her sister, a working mom, found the process of making dinner stressful, even though she used to love cooking. “She said that she just wanted someone to cut everything up for her,” Moore recalls. “And I said, ‘Well, gee, that’s an idea. I can do that.’”

The timing turned out to be perfect: When Meez Meals launched, it was the only company offering a DIY meal kit. Moore knew, however, that “it was only a matter of time until national companies entered the market.”

Learn more about Jen and how Kellogg helped her get where she is today.

Filed under: Career Tagged: alumni, alumni network, Alumni Spotlight, entrepreneurship Image

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 07:45
Video essay wasn't bad at all. Take advantage of the practice questions and you'll be fine.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 07:54
gamesfreak wrote:
Been so crazy at work, that I have left this really late. Will be doing the Video Essays first thing tom morning. Is the interest in Kellogg question.. literally Why Kellogg? Would appreciate any guidance that the group could offer.

While the question is open ended, it is not that open either.

The deadline is 6 hours away to get the video essays in!
All the best people :)
Kellogg Thread Master
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 08:50
Just got done with the video essays. Kellogg R1 all in.

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 09:12
Does adcom start reading apps now or do they wait until after interviews?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 10:14
Just received an email with the name of my off-campus interviewer. Thoughts on how to respond?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 10:20
B School Moderator Missxmelon's great post from Class of 2016 discussion.

missxmelon wrote:
I just submitted my application for Round 1, so I thought I'd post about my overall experience.

As I was doing a final check of all the sections, I was shocked to find the awards / certifications page blank! I had typed up descriptions for six awards eons ago and knew the page had saved. Like everyone else I'm sure, I've done check after check of each page and never found any issues. I have no idea how they were erased. There's no way I clicked delete next to each description or went into each box, highlighted everything, and pressed delete. In any case, I'm glad I did a final review. It wasn't too much of a hassle re-typing the descriptions... and thankfully all of the other pages (including the more verbose ones) were fine.

In hindsight, I should have copied and pasted each short answer / description into a MS Word document for safe-keeping. :(

Now onto the video essay, which users seem to be quite shy about sharing. :)

To prepare, I searched the internet in length to see if anyone had posted their questions. I only found two: "What is one thing you've always wanted to try?" and "What is one piece of technology you can't live without?". I needed more to practice with, though, so I searched the internet for random personal questions. I ended up picking a few from this site (I'm sure there are other resources out there, too): http://www.dwanollah.com/blather/082006/

For each question, I typed out an outline of points I wanted to hit. Then, I recorded myself on my computer and watched each video afterwards to dissect my areas of improvement. (My goodness you really get to know your flaws...) Once I got the right tone down, I started to time myself. After I picked a question, I gave myself a minute to prepare my response. (You actually get 90 seconds, but I wanted to be prepared in case I somehow lost a few seconds.) Then I immediately started recording. It was a more realistic environment making myself perform under pressure.

So, how did my preparation help me for the real deal?

My first question was: "What is the most interesting course you took in university?"

I felt as if I had ample time to come up with talking points (like as if I had an extra 30 seconds... ;)). When the actual recording began, though, I totally choked and had to discard the video. It's tough remembering all the classes you took in university, much less the details about those classes!

(It was my first try, okay?! Call it stage fright. :oops: )

The second question, unfortunately, completely caught me off guard: "If you could meet anyone (living or dead), who would it be and why?"

My mind raced through historical figures, athletes, musicians, but ultimately I didn't have enough substance to talk about any one person. To be honest, I didn't feel strongly about this question, though I know it probably resonates with some people. So I made a tough decision... to discard this one, too.

Dun dun dun... I was resigned to my third and final question. My heart was beating so fast; the pressure was on.

"What is your most treasured possession and why?"

:shock: OMG. I struck gold. This was a question I had prepared for already! I just used the 90 seconds to go over my points again and calm myself down. Then I recorded my best video yet. :-D :-D

So in conclusion, preparation for the video essay definitely helps. :P

Oh, and once you click "Submit Application," there's no going back. I mean nothing prompts you to ask if you're sure or to ask you to sign anything. There's no preview of your application. Your application is just...submitted, and then you pay. So be sure to do a final check before you click submit! There's also no way to see your application after you've submitted it. I guess that's so no one bothers the Adcom about changing anything in their application. It certainly forces you to stop poring over your already-submitted-and-unchangeable application!

Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kellogg Thread Master
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 10:36
fbpointgod10 wrote:
Just received an email with the name of my off-campus interviewer. Thoughts on how to respond?

Congrats and all the best!

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 11:43
Got an e-mail for my off-campus interview - very exciting
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 01 Oct 2014, 11:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap