GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 19:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 12:49
finmaster wrote:
Hey guys,

Does it weigh negatively on your app if your recommenders submit in the last couple of days?

My app is ready but my recommenders won't be able to make it before 23-24, or may be both on the same date.

Is it gonna raise a red flag if both of them submit on the same day?

zero impact
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 13:34
homeone wrote:
engineer1234 wrote:
completed the video essay woooohoooooooo. finishing up essays for other schools seem so easy now compared to all the Kellogg components :)

To prepare I went through this list http://piyushj.com/2014/01/mba/kellogg- ... tion-list/ posted last year and just got a rough idea of what I'd say for each one and also narrowed down my #1 reason for "why Kellogg" bc there's definitely not time to say them all. After that I just hoped that I didn't get one I didn't really care about. The 20 seconds to prepare goes by pretty quick! I feel ready to start prepping for the interview after prepping for this though.

thanks for sharing! which two questions were you asked??

hey homeone, perfer not to say exactly since Kellogg doesn't publish the questions but they do publish that

1. will be on your interest in Kellogg, super open ended question so you can do what you want with it
2. personal or experience related question, mine was a non-trivial (it was not: what's your favorite food) but not too tough question from the posted list. preparing like you would for an interview, but without as much depth since you're talking for 60 seconds versus a conversation with a human that can ask for more detail, should be pretty good prep

good luck!
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 15:25
Submitted!! Now just waiting for the link to start my video essays tonight.

Good luck everyone.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Retired Moderator
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 16:23
Ackkk I submitted my video essays and went a second too long on the Kellogg question so my last word was cut off. Hopefully, that doesn't count against me.

Nothing else to do now, but hope for the best!

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 23:29
Submitted my application in time.

Video Essay up next. I suck at Skype calls because I can see myself talking and that distracts me. :lol:
Work definitely needed. :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 05:00
bml1105 wrote:
masoy wrote:
bml1105 wrote:
I know the Round 1 deadline for Kellogg is September 24th. Additionally, we have a week after submitting our application to complete the video essay. However, does the video essay also have to be completed before September 24th if we want to be considered in Round 1?

I have the same question. I tried researching for an answer everywhere on Kellogg website but couldn't spot anything that specifically addressed whether the deadline for the video essays is the same as for the rest of the application

Thanks masoy! I was starting to think I was crazy. I'm just going to try to get my recommenders to finish up their recommendations a few days early.

The FAQs for the video essay section on their application process webpage states that "After submitting your application you will be given access to the Video Essay component and will have one week after the application is due to complete the Video Essay."

I think we can submit it till a week after the application deadline.
Manager
Manager
Why I chose the Kellogg Two-Year MBA Program: Otmane El Manser ’14  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I chose the Kellogg Two-Year MBA Program: Otmane El Manser ’14

After four years in technology consulting, Otmane El Manser ’14 needed a change. He also needed core management skills and the chance to explore different careers. So he turned to Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year (2Y) Program. He felt confident that the program’s emphasis on general management would prepare him to lead in any industry and any role.

While at Kellogg, Otmane became both a Siebel Scholar and a winner of the Ross Prahalad Case Competition.

ABOUT THE TWO-YEAR PROGRAM

Our Two-Year MBA Program is for students who want to gain the confidence to lead boldly and challenge conventional thinking in the global marketplace. You will build core management skills and then move on to specialized electives that reflect their areas of interest. Whether you are inside or outside the classroom, you will learn to lead by practicing in an environment that gives you an opportunity to try new things.

After you complete the required courses, you will have the opportunity to customize your experience through a wide range of electives and more than 1,000 experiential learning opportunities. The program is also proud to offer an unparalleled number of global learning options, including 37 exchange programs across 20 countries.

Learn more about the Two-Year MBA Program.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: 2Y, Case Competition, Siebel Scholar, Two-Year Program, Why I Chose Kellogg Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '17, AGSM '18
GPA: 1.62

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 11:27
For those applying for the 1-year MBA, I did receive an email today saying my prereq courses were approved.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 14:38
Absolutely butchered the video essay this weekend. For some reason my internet connection cut out (?!) and when it came back I went right to the actual questions. I only got one practice in. Not good.

Everything is submitted now. Good luck to everyone.

BTW, I scheduled my interview Monday morning, and it sounded like there were many spots left for anyone scrambling last minute.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.28
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 05:31
In for Round 1. Quick question: I submitted my application last night and have not completed the Video Essay portion. Do I have to wait until I complete the Video Essay before I can schedule an on-campus interview? I don't see anywhere on the website that allows me to schedule the interview.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Round 1 application deadline is today  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Round 1 application deadline is today
Don’t forget that the Round 1 application deadline for Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA Program is today. To be considered for Round 1, please submit all application materials by 5 p.m. (CT) today, Sept. 24.

Round 1 applicants will receive their admissions decision on Dec. 17.

For those of you who are still putting your application components together, you may be interested in the Tips for Applying series written last month by Beth Tidmarsh, director of admissions for full-time programs at Kellogg. Topics included in the series are:

If you are interested in applying as part of either Round 2 or Round 3 at Kellogg, please take note of these key dates:

ROUND 2

Deadline – Jan. 7, 2015

Decision date – March 25, 2015

ROUND 3

Deadline – April 1, 2015

Decision date – May 13, 2015

If you have any questions about the application process or Kellogg’s deadlines, please do not hesitate to contact the Kellogg Admissions team.

Sincerely,

The Kellogg Admissions Team

847.491.3308   |  mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Admissions Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 09:16
forevertfc wrote:
Absolutely butchered the video essay this weekend. For some reason my internet connection cut out (?!) and when it came back I went right to the actual questions. I only got one practice in. Not good.

BTW, I scheduled my interview Monday morning, and it sounded like there were many spots left for anyone scrambling last minute.

Now, how does interview work for international students? We cant schedule it on our own I suppose?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 10:10
ankurq7 wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

Now, how does interview work for international students? We cant schedule it on our own I suppose?

I'm an international applicant - but I'm in Canada so I'm heading to campus to do the interview.

If you are requesting an off-campus interview, they will get in touch with you within 3 weeks I believe with your interview details.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 10:11
dr0xlunltd wrote:
In for Round 1. Quick question: I submitted my application last night and have not completed the Video Essay portion. Do I have to wait until I complete the Video Essay before I can schedule an on-campus interview? I don't see anywhere on the website that allows me to schedule the interview.

Thanks.

No. Just call admissions to schedule your interview. No need to do the video essays before scheduling the interview.
Manager
Manager
Alumni Spotlight: Elaine Russell ’09  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 12:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Alumni Spotlight: Elaine Russell ’09
Get to know some of Kellogg’s alumni who are bringing bold entrepreneurial visions to life.

Photo by Ron Yu

Sometimes, the Internet serves as a guide. Netflix, Amazon, your favorite online clothing retailer — all offer a menu of recommended items. Shoppers get the convenience of similar options at the ready. Retailers keep the shoppers clicking.

Now, apply that to a purchase that can be one of the most uncertain and stressful: jewelry. To address that niche, Elaine Russell ’09 founded Heirlumé, a company that takes the guesswork out of gift giving, at least when it comes to all that glitters.

“The gift giving industry is a big one,” said Russell, who co-founded the company. “Jewelry is the No. 1 gift men give women, and people need a lot of help.”

Return to Chicago

A veteran of Silicon Valley, Russell was vice president of product at e-commerce company Storeplacer.com and worked for Tinyprints.com until Shutterfly bought it in 2011. That’s when Russell moved back to Chicago and got into the startup scene.

Fine jewelry is a $40 billion industry in the United States, with 80 percent of it men buying jewelry for women. But for shoppers, department stores and big chains generally mean lower-quality products and over-eager commissioned salespeople.

“Jewelry is a hard gift to figure out,” said John Adolph, a Heirlumé shopper and attorney from Dallas, Texas. “It’s hard to get good feedback without giving it away that I am trying to get a gift.” A friend told Adolph about Heirlumé and he decided to give it a shot.

Learn more about Elaine and how Kellogg helped her get where she is today.

Filed under: Career Tagged: alumni, alumni network, Alumni Spotlight, entrepreneurship Image

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 01:52
Submitted my application on 22nd. Completed the video essay today! Now a long wait for the interview starts...
Most US candidates are done with their interviews too, right?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 06:38
sachdix wrote:
Submitted my application on 22nd. Completed the video essay today! Now a long wait for the interview starts...

I doubt it. On campus interviews run to the beginning of November if I'm not mistaken.

Kellogg tries to interview everyone. I'm not sure what their R1 applications number is this year, but if they average about 5500 applicants a year - and we assume 2500 of those to be first round applicants - and take into mind the international and Chicago based applicants interviewing offsite, you are looking at about 1300 interviews they must conduct on campus. That's a lot!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 07:06
forevertfc wrote:
sachdix wrote:

I doubt it. On campus interviews run to the beginning of November if I'm not mistaken.

Kellogg tries to interview everyone. I'm not sure what their R1 applications number is this year, but if they average about 5500 applicants a year - and we assume 2500 of those to be first round applicants - and take into mind the international and Chicago based applicants interviewing offsite, you are looking at about 1300 interviews they must conduct on campus. That's a lot!

Good observation mate. Would you also know what parts of our application are provided to the interviewers?
Manager
Manager
Why I Chose Kellogg: Bowie Cheung ’14  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 10:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I Chose Kellogg: Bowie Cheung ’14

ABOUT THE ONE-YEAR PROGRAM

Our One-Year MBA Program is your fastest path to a Kellogg MBA. It is designed to build upon your business fundamentals and get you back in the workforce with new skills and knowledge that will propel your career forward. From June to June, you’ll immerse yourself in the rigorous curriculum, learn from world-class faculty and build leadership experience and a supportive network that will help you immediately and throughout your career.

Now in its 50th year, Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program was one of the first programs of its kind in the country. Unlike other programs, our One-Year MBA allows you to bypass core classes and immediate dive into advanced studies that are customized to your career goals and set you apart from the competition. At the same time, you still will be able to take advantage of the vast experiential learning opportunities; world-renowned faculty and distinct cross-disciplinary thought leadership model that makes Kellogg stand out.

Learn more about the One-Year MBA Program.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, One-year, One-Year MBA Program, Student perspective, Why I Chose Kellogg Image

Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 11:08
sachdix wrote:
forevertfc wrote:
sachdix wrote:

Good observation mate. Would you also know what parts of our application are provided to the interviewers?

Hey, I believe Kellogg is blind. With that said, I was only told to bring my resume to the interview. Hope that helps.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 25 Sep 2014, 11:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap