GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 23:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2014, 11:22
bml1105 wrote:
So many conflicting answers for the video essay. I actually chose to email my recommenders, explain the video essay and asked them to submit their recommendations by Friday. Then I can finish the video essays this weekend in time. Better safe than sorry if you can get it done.

I submitted today (although my recommendations have not come in) and the response from Kellogg said that the video essay must be completed by October 1st. So that clears all that up.

I did it today though, it was straightforward.
Manager
Manager
Why I Chose Kellogg: Zoila Jennings ’14  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2014, 13:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I Chose Kellogg: Zoila Jennings ’14

ABOUT THE ONE-YEAR PROGRAM

Our One-Year MBA Program is your fastest path to a Kellogg MBA. It is designed to build upon your business fundamentals and get you back in the workforce with new skills and knowledge that will propel your career forward. From June to June, you’ll immerse yourself in the rigorous curriculum, learn from world-class faculty and build leadership experience and a supportive network that will help you immediately and throughout your career.

Now in its 50th year, Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program was one of the first programs of its kind in the country. Unlike other programs, our One-Year MBA allows you to bypass core classes and immediate dive into advanced studies that are customized to your career goals and set you apart from the competition. At the same time, you still will be able to take advantage of the vast experiential learning opportunities; world-renowned faculty and distinct cross-disciplinary thought leadership model that makes Kellogg stand out.

Learn more about the One-Year MBA Program.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, One-year, One-Year MBA Program, Student perspective, Why I Chose Kellogg Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2014, 07:21
gotti wrote:
bml1105 wrote:
So many conflicting answers for the video essay. I actually chose to email my recommenders, explain the video essay and asked them to submit their recommendations by Friday. Then I can finish the video essays this weekend in time. Better safe than sorry if you can get it done.

I submitted today (although my recommendations have not come in) and the response from Kellogg said that the video essay must be completed by October 1st. So that clears all that up.

If possible for you, can you share the video essay questions that you received? Thanks
Manager
Manager
#MyKellogg Photo of the Week: Sept. 19  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2014, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: #MyKellogg Photo of the Week: Sept. 19

Congrats to @flyhigh1317, winner of the @kelloggschool #MyKellogg photo of the week contest. Keep taking pictures of your life at #Kellogg and tag them with #MyKellogg, and maybe we’ll highlight your picture in the coming weeks.

View the picture on Instagram

Follow @KelloggSchool on Instagram to get more looks at life at Kellogg.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: #MyKellogg, Photo of the week Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
Dean Sally Blount: For companies to grow, why bigger is not always bet  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Dean Sally Blount: For companies to grow, why bigger is not always better

In an op-ed published this week in Fortune, Kellogg Dean Sally Blount writes that success is not always about scale and acquisitions. As she says in the piece:

“As the world’s population tops 7 billion, and soon 8 and 9, it’s becoming clear that the best performing organizations, and perhaps countries, will be less defined by absolute size and more defined by the speed and agility that comes from clarity of purpose, strategic insight and decisive action.”

Read Dean Blount’s full op-ed on Fortune.com

Follow Dean Blount on Twitter

Filed under: Business Insight, Career Tagged: Dean Blount, Dean Sally Blount Image

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2014, 10:32
gotti wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Thanks Gotti!!

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Kellogg Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 01:58
Hey guys,

Does it weigh negatively on your app if your recommenders submit in the last couple of days?

My app is ready but my recommenders won't be able to make it before 23-24, or may be both on the same date.

Is it gonna raise a red flag if both of them submit on the same day?

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 06:40
Apologies for what might sound like a really silly question, but thought I'd check with this group..
On the app, under each employer tab there are 2 questions
1) Self-employed or family business, total employees
2) Self-employed or family business, annual revenue

Are these only relevant for Self Employed/Family Business or should the rest of us also be filling it up for details on employees and revenue.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 08:01
LOVE the new website! Good job Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 11:07
completed the video essay woooohoooooooo. finishing up essays for other schools seem so easy now compared to all the Kellogg components :)

To prepare I went through this list http://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-mba-video-essay-questions-real-question-list-165526.html posted last year and just got a rough idea of what I'd say for each one and also narrowed down my #1 reason for "why Kellogg" bc there's definitely not time to say them all. After that I just hoped that I didn't get one I didn't really care about. The 20 seconds to prepare goes by pretty quick! I feel ready to start prepping for the interview after prepping for this though.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 16:59
engineer1234 wrote:
completed the video essay woooohoooooooo. finishing up essays for other schools seem so easy now compared to all the Kellogg components :)

To prepare I went through this list http://piyushj.com/2014/01/mba/kellogg- ... tion-list/ posted last year and just got a rough idea of what I'd say for each one and also narrowed down my #1 reason for "why Kellogg" bc there's definitely not time to say them all. After that I just hoped that I didn't get one I didn't really care about. The 20 seconds to prepare goes by pretty quick! I feel ready to start prepping for the interview after prepping for this though.

thanks for sharing! which two questions were you asked??
Manager
Manager
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 17:34
engineer1234 wrote:

To prepare I went through this list http://piyushj.com/2014/01/mba/kellogg- ... tion-list/ posted last year and just got a rough idea of what I'd say for each one and also narrowed down my #1 reason for "why Kellogg" bc there's definitely not time to say them all. After that I just hoped that I didn't get one I didn't really care about. The 20 seconds to prepare goes by pretty quick! I feel ready to start prepping for the interview after prepping for this though.

That's a great post. Kudos to you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 04:30
gamesfreak wrote:
Apologies for what might sound like a really silly question, but thought I'd check with this group..

Are these only relevant for Self Employed/Family Business or should the rest of us also be filling it up for details on employees and revenue.

Hey gamesfreak! I guess that is what it is. These apply only to Self Employed/family Business people!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 04:32
finmaster wrote:
Hey guys,

Does it weigh negatively on your app if your recommenders submit in the last couple of days?

My app is ready but my recommenders won't be able to make it before 23-24, or may be both on the same date.

Is it gonna raise a red flag if both of them submit on the same day?

I don't think so. Even my recommenders are going to submit today/tomorrow itself!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Booth '17, AGSM '18
GPA: 1.62

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 05:07
Is anyone here applying for the 1-year MBA? All in all I think Kellogg has a tough application i.e. with limiting characters and all. It's tough to articulate qualitative aspects of the application.
Manager
Manager
My first summer in the revamped (and redesigned) MMM program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: My first summer in the revamped (and redesigned) MMM program
Having finished my first quarter in Kellogg’s Full-Time MMM Program, there is an excitement for what’s next in our Design Thinking-focused curriculum. Many in the MMM program are looking to be product-focused managers for the next steps of our careers, and I can already tell that the MMM program is going to be the perfect training ground for us to fine-tune the instincts needed to succeed at the next level of technology.

From Professor Eyal Maoz showing just how easy it is to design an amazing product when you can reduce the “degrees of freedom,” to Professor Mark Werwath discussing how hard it can be to launch that product, our summer has simultaneously been a fruitful, stressful, and social start to Kellogg and the MMM Program.

One of the sightseeing highlights was our trip to the famous and soon-to-be-closed Hot Doug’s with program mates. Do visit there if you can. It’s great and well worth the 90-minute wait in line as you try to squeeze a meal in before your next group meeting!

What I appreciate most so far is being able to spend the first two months slowly getting acclimated to Evanston with 59 other brilliant people. It’s hard to imagine what it will be like later in September when the full Northwestern and Kellogg student body arrive and the Jacobs building and every meeting room inside it is constantly booked.

Stay tuned. I’ll keep you updated!

Michael Nguyen is currently a MBA / Masters of Design Innovation (MMM) candidate at Kellogg. In the past he served as Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Cyworld Vietnam, the country’s first social network; co-founded Mimo, a popular Twitter-like service in Vietnam; and helped RedOctane launch the Guitar Hero video game franchise. Connect with him on LinkedIn.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: design thinking, MMM, MMM program Image

Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 07:05
Application in!

Now comes the wait...

Anyone have any updates on how long before hearing anything?

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 08:15
PP90210 wrote:
Is anyone here applying for the 1-year MBA? All in all I think Kellogg has a tough application i.e. with limiting characters and all. It's tough to articulate qualitative aspects of the application.

Hey Hi. I am applying for the 1 year program of Kellogg. Would you mind sharing your profile ?

Did you get any response from them as soon as you finished the first two pages of your application ?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 12:01
sachdix wrote:
gamesfreak wrote:

Hey gamesfreak! I guess that is what it is. These apply only to Self Employed/family Business people!!

Oh, I put in numbers for those!! Nooooooooo.
I hope I don't get dinged because of that.

Personal Blog: I will answer every single question on my blog.
http://johnthundermba.wordpress.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 12:03
JohnThunder Don't worry. That's such a small part of your application! :-)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 22 Sep 2014, 12:03

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap