Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.68
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
indiejoe1 wrote:
cgottuso wrote:
craxx wrote:
Adcom email says the application status should change to "Ready for review". My status still shows "Submitted". I am the only one around here?

Mine still says "submitted," but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Even mine says submitted.. what to do now?

I'm pretty sure you guys are fine, mine still says "submitted" in a green box and I'm a R1 applicant!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.31
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
indiejoe1 wrote:
cgottuso wrote:
craxx wrote:
Adcom email says the application status should change to "Ready for review". My status still shows "Submitted". I am the only one around here?

Mine still says "submitted," but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Even mine says submitted.. what to do now?

If you click the 'view checklist' button there is 'application status' section at the top that shows 'ready for review'.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Even mine says submitted.. what to do now?[/quote]

If you click the 'view checklist' button there is 'application status' section at the top that shows 'ready for review'.[/quote]

Thanx! it works now
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey Guys :)
So one of my preferred choices is obviously Wharton but I am also interested in Duke and LBS.
Besides all the nerves from the application process, I am very interested to hear from all of you on why you chose Wharton or would recommend it over other schools?
Would really appreciate some feedback!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Bookmarks
PeggyFin wrote:
Hey Guys :)
So one of my preferred choices is obviously Wharton but I am also interested in Duke and LBS.
Besides all the nerves from the application process, I am very interested to hear from all of you on why you chose Wharton or would recommend it over other schools?
Would really appreciate some feedback!

Depends a lot on your interest, goals, and profiles... so it would be better to say if you share a bit about you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Visiting Campus During the Spring Semester
We look forward to resuming our campus visit program on Monday, January 26th. For more information on what we offer and how to register, please check out our website. Aside from the regular on-campus visits, we are gearing up for some of our special-interest Spring visit days as well. Follow the links provided below to learn more about what these days entail and how to register:

• LGBT Visit Day – Thursday, April 2, 2015

• Women’s Visit Day – Thursday, April 9, 2015

• Military Visit Day – Thursday, April 16, 2015

Should any questions arise, please feel free to reach out to our office directly at 215-898-6183 or mba-admiss@wharton.upenn.edu.  Thank you for your interest in the program and we’re excited to meet many of you in person over the coming weeks.

– The MBA Admissions & Financial Aid Team

The post Visiting Campus During the Spring Semester appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.59
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
So I am very late to the forums but have been following for a while and thought it would be unfair to hold my voice back any longer. I am in for R2 and will keep you all updated on what I hear as well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Does anyone know when Wharton is expected to release R2 interview invitations?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Icarus10 wrote:
Does anyone know when Wharton is expected to release R2 interview invitations?

Have it written down at the office, but if I recall correctly, I think it's Feb 11.

Could be wrong...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Send PM
Is it one release date or is it rolling? Do they announce the Lauder interviews at the same time?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bulldurham wrote:
Is it one release date or is it rolling? Do they announce the Lauder interviews at the same time?

Posted from my mobile device

One single release date. They all go out on Feb 11th. Lauder interviews happen at the same time as the Wharton interviews, so 99.9% sure that those notifications will be included in the release.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Showcasing the Team Dynamic

On February 11th we will be sending out invitations for Round 2 Team-Based Discussions. In the past, I’ve highlighted the logistical aspects of the TBD and we’ve shared a student’s personal experience. I know that many of you still have questions about how to best prepare for the TBD and what to bring to the table when you show up for one – I’d like to take a moment and demystify some of this for you.

The goal of the TBD is to give all prospective students the opportunity to show us who they are and demonstrate key skills such as communication, leadership, peer-to-peer interaction, decision-making, etc. Going into this next level of the admissions process, many of you are already pretty prepared – you’ve worked in teams for years. Make sure you tap into these experiences and skills – this will set you on the right track.

Everyone’s TBD experience will be different. That is the nature of the exercise. Each interview group will be unique in its dynamic and content.  We want to see how you integrate and engage with your peers – part of what we’re looking for is how you quickly adapt to the particular group dynamic at play.

Your approach to the TBD will be a balance between being prepared and adapting to the situation. Use your instincts and knowledge of what works best in a team-based setting to navigate the exercise.  Consider the following elements:

Flexibility: Team dynamics are constantly changing. The challenges a team faces can vary from moment to moment. Don’t come in with pre-conceived notions about how you’ll contribute.

The overall process:  How can you provide value to ensure that best possible outcome for your team? Does your team need more brainstorming? Do they need more clarity around the proposed ideas?

Your skills and strengths:  What are different approaches/tactics that you have used in past team settings and how can they help move the team forward? Is a strength of yours providing structure for the group – or do you prefer to generate new ideas?

The absence of a “right way”: Be yourself. There is no specific role that is expected of you; get a feel for the group dynamic and let the rest fall into place.

The TBD is an opportunity for you to express yourself both as an individual and a member of a functioning team. Remember to balance these two roles during this exercise and make the most of it!  This is your time to show us that you are a fit for Wharton as an individual, and also a Wharton community and team member.

Interviews will take place starting in late February. Similar to Round 1, we will be holding TBDs on campus, in Philadelphia, as well as in Dubai, London, Mumbai, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo. All invited candidates are encouraged to interview on-campus or in the off-campus location that is most convenient for you.

I hope that this information helps to provide further insight into the TBD. As always, reach out to the office directly if any questions should arise. Thanks, again, for your interest in the program and I hope to meet many of you in person during the coming weeks.

Regards,

Maryellen Reilly Lamb

Deputy Vice Dean, MBA Admissions, Financial Aid and Career Management

The post Showcasing the Team Dynamic appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Does anyone know what form of communication are sent out? I assume that there are emails for initial notification and phone calls if you are accepted with information coming in the mail afterwards about the program. Are letters sent through the mail under any other circumstances?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Congrats to all R1 admits and good luck to those of your interviewing! I'm excited to share with you guys that https://www.tripweave.com has officially launched. We are bringing powerful pre-MBA travel experiences to a select group of schools that don't currently offer this option. As we get off the ground in 2015, experienced travelers are welcome to contact us at info@tripweave.com for information on how you can help facilitate one of our amazing experiences for you and your classmates. Go get 'em!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
Any idea when Wharton will be sending out R2 interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
baajubhai wrote:
Any idea when Wharton will be sending out R2 interview invites?

The 11th
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Kudos
One of the most quiet topics on the forum..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts