Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 05:05 It is currently 12 May 2024, 05:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Does anyone have a review of Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
Thanks a lot for coming back to my question!

I also had a few 1 hour conversations with different admissions consultants and my experience was more or less the same as yours. I would nevertheless be interested how the first steps after the free call were and whether you are satisfied. Let me know if you want to discuss this here or in PM.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I decided to work with Fortuna and I can tell you that the team is really amazing. At first, I was not too hopeful of getting admitted to good business school mainly due to my age as well as GMAT score. That mindset changed significantly after the one-hour free consultation. They immediately followed that up by performing a quick profile assessment on me and they were confident that I could at least secure an interview. With only 6 weeks left to the application deadline, I initially thought I would not be able to make it but they assured me that I could actually make the deadline. More importantly, they pushed my own confidence to present a strong application and from the start I knew I was in the right path. Throughout the whole process, my coaches were very responsive and helpful. They were two of the best coaches I have ever worked with in my professional career. They definitely know how to bring the best out of me and make my application shine. The whole process turned out to be fun, enjoyable and relaxing rather than stressful. At the end, I actually managed to complete the application a few days ahead of the deadline, secured the interview and finally got admitted to INSEAD (the only school I actually applied to). I would give my strongest compliment for the team in Fortuna Admissions. I will be very happy to share more story if anyone needs further information
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi

I can say that Fortuna have a fantastic team and were an absolute pleasure to work with. I worked with Matt, Caroline and Melissa, and all were extremely professional, helpful and knowledgable about the admissions process at the top schools. I was considering European schools only, and one thing that immediately set Fortuna apart was their willingess to look past my fairly abonimable undergrad GPA. Through Matt I was able to get direct feedback from key decision makers within the admissions departments of some of the best European Schools to see what my chances were, even before applying (and even before formally comitting to Fortuna).

Caroline is a former admissions director and had expert insight into what my application strategy should be and what aspects to highlight in my profile (much different from what I thought I should!). Melissa was a consistently great coach, and I really appreciated her thoroughness and attention to detail in reviewing each iteration of my essays and application.

Fortuna were always highly responsive, encouraging and took genuine care in all aspects of the application process. I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated having them on my side during what was sometimes a nerve-wracking period. I highly recommend and thank them - they were a massive part of my admission to INSEAD.

Happy to take PMs if anyone wants any more granular info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does anyone have a review of Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
I worked with Fortuna last year and I can say that they were by far the strongest admissions consulting firm out there. I did initial consultations with nearly every major company, but it was Fortuna's depth of experience that really sold me. Unlike some people, I knew without a doubt that I needed help with my applications--I come from a tree-hugging, non-traditional background--so I was prepared to spend.

There was some sticker shock when I looked at the price of the school packages, but once I got into my dream school, it immediately was written off as a drop in the bucket. If you are even on the fence about needing a consultant for any help whatsoever, choose Fortuna and don't look back. You can't put a price tag on your dream school. PM me for any questions, I'm happy to help.

Originally posted by kivavik86 on 21 Sep 2014, 20:42.
Last edited by kivavik86 on 18 Feb 2015, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
George and bgpower,

Who did you end up going with, and how was your experience?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Does anyone have a review of Fortuna Admissions [#permalink]
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I actually had to postpone my 2014 app, but will apply 2015 for sure.

Having talked with about a dozen of admissions consulting companies, Fortuna clearly stood out and I am looking forward to also working with them. Great team! Will definitely write a more detailed review once I start working in my app.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.7
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello,

I am an MBA grad and I like to contribute to this forum because I was in the same positon a year ago. I remember when I read these stuff last year, I wasn't sure if it was genuine but you can find my profile, pm me and verify that I'm a real person who actually got admitted to INSEAD, LBS and Oxford with scholarships.

So let me share my experience, hopefully it would be helpful. I worked with both Fortuna and Laura Freedman from Access Education and let me get it straight, Laura is the best, period. If you did a fair bit of research, you probably came up with these 2 companies mainly for European schools.

Although I didn't have a bad experience with Fortuna, I found that I got way more for my money with Laura. Fortuna is the big firm, where you're just a dollar, I was surprised by the amount of things I was supposed to do for the money, for $5000, I don't want just an opinion, a review or a plan. I wanted someone who was with me, involved, with a lot of experience and who helped me frame my story and sell myself, Laura did it way better than Fortuna. Laura gets personally involved with all her clients, is very honest about their potential and work relentlessly until it's perfect. I needed this kind of intense support that only Laura was able to give me.

My profile was ok, nothing spectacular and I did the essays, the CV review and the interview prep for LBS, INSEAD and Oxford and got admission and scholarships everywhere. The prep I did with Laura even helped me during my job search during the MBA. Laura is an expert at European schools and she's simply the best. I know you might think this review is overly positive, but Laura helped me so much get into my MBA that I really wish I knew all of this before.

If you want to check-out her company, it's https://www.accesseducation.com/

Always glad to answer private messages if needed.

Thanks -
GMAT Club Bot