Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 927 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]
Expert Reply
It's been a while since I applied but I am told most schools will show status of your application and if certain pieces of it were received, so you will know when your LOR's are sent in, and when your GMAT score is confirmed/received.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: USC (Marshall) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.26
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Not to nitpick, but the MGMAT scoring rubric image above doesn't seem very accurate to what's being reported on the "Share your GMAT Experiences" forum, and from what I've been getting on my practice tests?

Just took the GMAT Prep #1 and scored a Q50, V41, which would slot me about 720 on according to the graph, but I received a 760 on the score. Also somebody just posted an actual Q49, V42 which led to a 750 score, but measures in similarly (720-730) on the graph.

I don't mean to make a big hassle about it, but a 30-40 point swing is pretty big.
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
This is a known range, and the GMAC fully accepts this.

I have a 48/38, which was a 710.

Someone else had a 48/38 as a 700 and a third person with the same spread had a 690.

We don't know the full details of the scoring algorithm. We likely never will as this is a trade secret of the GMAC.

NewSc2 wrote:
Not to nitpick, but the MGMAT scoring rubric image above doesn't seem very accurate to what's being reported on the "Share your GMAT Experiences" forum, and from what I've been getting on my practice tests?

Just took the GMAT Prep #1 and scored a Q50, V41, which would slot me about 720 on according to the graph, but I received a 760 on the score. Also somebody just posted an actual Q49, V42 which led to a 750 score, but measures in similarly (720-730) on the graph.

I don't mean to make a big hassle about it, but a 30-40 point swing is pretty big.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy and Operations, General Admin, Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Hi !!

I m happy to know that GMAT scores are valid for 5yrs. I have some free time now and I m keen on taking GMAT in a few months. I may think of applying may be after 2 years or so, then will all universities accept my score? Or would I have some disadvantage by putting up a 2-3 yr old score?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
anushabarrela wrote:
Hi !!

I m happy to know that GMAT scores are valid for 5yrs. I have some free time now and I m keen on taking GMAT in a few months. I may think of applying may be after 2 years or so, then will all universities accept my score? Or would I have some disadvantage by putting up a 2-3 yr old score?

I don't think so.
If your score is valid for 5 years, there is no disadvantage by putting up a 2-3 yr old score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
nellz wrote:
ugh i wish i read this before i sent my scores. i think i was in such a 'must answer every question' haze towards the end of the test, that i filled out all of that optional information, not knowing that it would get sent to the schools in such a big format.

the reason this concerns me is that i have a relatively low undergrad gpa, and without the insight that comes from the application..the schools are getting a report that has a low gpa with a decent score (700 / 6AWA). i mean, i suppose they'll get my gpa eventually, since it's part of the application..but without the explanations (family responsibilities & death in family), it just seems inconsistent..

do you think this matters? or am i doing the classic caffeinated-overthinking?

I'm in the exact same situation... anyone have thoughts?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Send PM
Quote:
do you think this matters? or am i doing the classic caffeinated-overthinking?

gpa matters. but you can not provide explanations when reporting your gmat score. But you may/can/must explain in additional essays why your GPA is low. Don't worry about that, high GMAT score compensates in some extend low gpa.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello.

Regarding the five free score reports, is it compulsory to provide the information of all 5 schools before you sit for the test? Say if I only submit 3 schools on the test day am I essential wasting 2 free score reports? Or do I have the option of identifying the remaining schools in the coming weeks after the test..

Thanks
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [1]
Send PM