Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1291 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Darden '14
Send PM
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi .. Can anyone please tell .if it is necessary to send the official GMAT score from mba(dot)COM site before a particular date of .. we can just give the self reported score and then can send the gmat score later .. because I have seen that it was mentioned that at time of application self reported score shud be given .. but no time line was given for official report of gmat score to be sent to the school .. I just sent the official score yesterday .. shud i mail them about this? would my application be considered in next round now ..i did recieve application under review a few days back but no mail regarding gmat score ..
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Hi all,

today I have received sad news from Haas, please see below. I am wondering how it would affect peopple`s decision to apply.

Dear XYZ,
We are sad to inform you that there was a tragedy at the Haas School on Tuesday which involved the shooting by University Police of a student carrying a gun. Nobody else at Berkeley-Haas was hurt.

In our business school’s 113-year history, we have never experienced an event like this, nor do we expect another occurrence—all evidence points to this being an isolated incident. Still, we are taking every precaution to make certain our students, staff, and faculty are as safe as possible. Safety is of paramount importance to our community and an essential precondition for what we are all doing here together at Berkeley-Haas.

We are grateful for the vigilance of our staff members and police officers who responded so quickly to keep others in our community safe. As is typical at Berkeley-Haas, our community is pulling together to support one another during this trying time.

For additional information, visit
https://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2011/11/ ... of-nov-15/.

To read about the incident from a student’s perspective, visit
https://berkeleymbastudents.wordpress.co ... eley-haas/

Sincerely,
Rich Lyons, Dean
Haas School, UC Berkeley
Twitter: @richlyons

Stephanie Fujii
Executive Director of Full-time MBA Admissions
Haas School, UC Berkeley
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Received the same.

Still waiting for an invite to interview... talk about a curve ball.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
gmattie wrote:
Received the same.

Still waiting for an invite to interview... talk about a curve ball.

hah I know what you mean... as I read "sad to inform you..." I thought it was a ding
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Haas updated their admissions blog with the following regarding R1 interviews:

Quote:
We recently began extending interview invitations for Round 1 applicants and thought this would be an opportune time to share some interviewing tips.

Be prepared. This sounds obvious, but you would be surprised by how many candidates put hours of effort into their written applications and then don’t invest the necessary time in preparing for their interviews. Practice talking through your responses with a friend or colleague. Of course you don’t want to sound rehearsed, but you should know your story and be ready share details about your accomplishments, your career goals, and your motivation for pursuing an MBA at Berkeley-Haas. Being prepared also means having thoughtful questions ready to ask your interviewer. The admissions interview is an opportunity for you to learn more about the Berkeley MBA Program, so take advantage of it!

Treat the admissions interview as you would a professional interview. Dress to impress (a suit is always appropriate) and arrive on time. Don’t give your interviewer any reason to question your professionalism.
Answer the question. If you’ve been invited to interview, you can probably boast a long list of achievements and awards. However, let the interviewer guide the conversation and don’t try to force-fit responses that don’t actually answer the questions. When answering a question, think before you speak; don’t be afraid to pause, reflect, and collect your thoughts for a brief moment before responding.

Relax and be yourself. Though we understand that interviewing can sometimes be nerve-wracking, remember that the admissions interview isn’t meant to be a stress test and your interviewer won’t be asking trick questions. We’re simply trying to get to learn more about you and assess your potential fit with our program and community!

As a final note, if you are a Round 1 applicant and have not yet received an interview invitation, remember that we may continue to extend interview invitations up through our notification deadline of January 12. We appreciate your patience with us as we complete thorough evaluations of your applications. Good luck!

- Corinne

https://berkeleyhaasmba.wordpress.com/20 ... ave-begun/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,
I am a round1 applicant. Can anyone shed light on why don't B-Schools send out all their interview invites for a particular round at once?
My belief is that the "best" ( in the school's view) round1 applicants have been issued invites. Other invites maybe issued for Round1
applicants based on the quality of Round2 applicants (Round2 deadline is Dec1). Unfortunately I have not received an invite yet and
Haas is my first choice school.
Welcome any other inputs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
maxSarin wrote:
Hi,
I am a round1 applicant. Can anyone shed light on why don't B-Schools send out all their interview invites for a particular round at once?
My belief is that the "best" ( in the school's view) round1 applicants have been issued invites. Other invites maybe issued for Round1
applicants based on the quality of Round2 applicants (Round2 deadline is Dec1). Unfortunately I have not received an invite yet and
Haas is my first choice school.
Welcome any other inputs.

Even I think so too.. I had got an email from Haas that my application is under review on Oct 20th

Based on that, If I was their first choice applicant, I should have got an invite by now..

Chances don't look good from now on :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What format is expected for the Supplemental Information section?

Two of the five sections specifically ask for a list - clear enough.

But for the career gaps question, I assume this can be in essay format, correct? There's no word limited specified. I actually have a lot of meaningful stuff to say here (several jobs since college, and gaps were fruitful/ had impact), so am wondering whether 300-400 words is too much.

Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the e-mail address of HAS (Haas Student Amabassador)?
MY PC doesn't let Outlook Wizard work~ so, I can't see what's hidden behind "Email the Haas Team".

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/hsateam.html

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
sleepy1660 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the e-mail address of HAS (Haas Student Amabassador)?
MY PC doesn't let Outlook Wizard work~ so, I can't see what's hidden behind "Email the Haas Team".

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/hsateam.html

Thanks in advance.

It's hsa@haas.berkeley.edu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Does Haas actually send some ding emails for the people who are not sent the invites? or is it just that one has to wait till Jan 12th only to realize that he has not been invited?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
Does Haas actually send some ding emails for the people who are not sent the invites? or is it just that one has to wait till Jan 12th only to realize that he has not been invited?

Unfortunately, I believe you have to wait until Jan 12th
Manager
Manager
Send PM
avillaroya wrote:
thereddevil wrote:

Based on last year's thread, that is the case...

Additionally, it seems that people were invited roughly 4-6 weeks after their profile went under review.. so for those of us who went under review shortly after the deadline, if we don't hear back by end of next week.. I would say there is unlikely to be good news on notification day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
WE 1: Energy
Send PM
krazo wrote:
avillaroya wrote:
thereddevil wrote:

Based on last year's thread, that is the case...

Additionally, it seems that people were invited roughly 4-6 weeks after their profile went under review.. so for those of us who went under review shortly after the deadline, if we don't hear back by end of next week.. I would say there is unlikely to be good news on notification day.

Hey Guys,

I am a reapplicant. I went complete early in the process last year but was not granted an interview until mid-Dec. Eventually ding-ed.

Still waiting with the rest of you this year - but don't give up quite yet. If my experience last year is any indication - your not out of it until the very end.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Guys, Need your help!!

For the reco, there is a question to provide examples of "Confidence without attitude" kind of situation. One of my recommender asked me to help recall an example.But I am unable to think of one to show both - confidence and no attitude.
Any pointers on types of examples this question can translate into? Really appreciate your help!!!!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Concentration: Other
GPA: 3.27
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Not that I'm putting any weight behind it, but both of the applicants who listed interview invitation dates listed Tuesdays, so perhaps Tuesdays are Berkeley's preferred day to send out Interview Invites. Hopefully, we(and I) will see some positive news this afternoon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Just offering up a different perspective to the group. The Haas office is tasked with reading hundreds of applications right now. I know mine clocked in at more than 3,300 words and two staffers have to read it before an interview invite is sent out. Not sure how big Haas's staff is but this round of applications is easily five times the word count of War and Peace--that's about 7,000 pages of personal statements!

If my glimpses at other admissions teams from other fine programs are any indication, these people are still gearing up for the other three rounds of admissions and still doing recruiting and events as well.

It doesn't matter when you get the interview. It's not a professional sports draft. You will not be putting first/12th/240th round draft pick at Haas on your C.V. in the future. There's hundreds of applications to go through and they haven't magically looked at all of them and put the best ones on the top of the pile. Don't bestow them with superhuman powers just because they hold our fate in their hands ;)

I like what trikstr said, you're not out until you're out. There's much better ways to use that nervous energy. Do some holiday volunteering, take a class or find a new hobby. Have interesting things to talk about once you get that coveted interview. Because idle hands Google "Haas rejection rates." Continue to uphold those Haas values I know you all wrote about in your applications. Believe in the power of positive thinking and do something productive instead of staring at your inbox. It's tough but so are all of you :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts