Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
APPSB2013 wrote:
My app has been under review for close to two months now. Not looking good, but somehow I feel that the status doesn't mean as much as we think.

I agree completely. While I don't think our chances are very good because it's so late in the game, I have a feeling that the "stage" doesn't matter much. I doubt that the Berkeley Admissions team is that meticulous about changing it from "stage 1" to "stage 2."

That said, I'm still hopeful for an invite this week. If I don't hear from them by Friday night, I'm moving on with my life, for sanity's sake :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alwayshopeful wrote:
APPSB2013 wrote:
My app has been under review for close to two months now. Not looking good, but somehow I feel that the status doesn't mean as much as we think.

I agree completely. While I don't think our chances are very good because it's so late in the game, I have a feeling that the "stage" doesn't matter much. I doubt that the Berkeley Admissions team is that meticulous about changing it from "stage 1" to "stage 2."

That said, I'm still hopeful for an invite this week. If I don't hear from them by Friday night, I'm moving on with my life, for sanity's sake :)

Same feeling here. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Just got the "general update" email. For a second I thought it was an interview invite. Bummer....

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
mukakucing wrote:
Just got the "general update" email. For a second I thought it was an interview invite. Bummer....

Same here :P .... I woke up and saw the email from berkeley..... nvm keep waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
GPA: 3.42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Now a mail stating a holiday closure update !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.67
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
SVD86 wrote:
Now a mail stating a holiday closure update !!!

Tricky emails...

How is the 15th still almost a month away?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sekki wrote:
Just sent an email to admissions asking whether they will release decisions prior to the deadline, here's their response:

Interview invitations will be made over the winter break, and all decisions (except in cases where an interview report is outstanding) will be announced on January 15.

So the invitations will be send even during the Christmas Holidays ? How come it is possible if they are not working ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
For those who interviewed, did you have to submit attested copies of the transcripts and degree certificate before decision deadline or interview? Would appreciate the help
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SVD86 wrote:
sekki wrote:
Just sent an email to admissions asking whether they will release decisions prior to the deadline, here's their response:

Interview invitations will be made over the winter break, and all decisions (except in cases where an interview report is outstanding) will be announced on January 15.

So the invitations will be send even during the Christmas Holidays ? How come it is possible if they are not working ?

Weird...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
Juggurnaut wrote:
For those who interviewed, did you have to submit attested copies of the transcripts and degree certificate before decision deadline or interview? Would appreciate the help

There is no such hard deadline. My transcripts reached haas 3-4 days after my interview. I also got an email mentioning that my transcripts have reached and that my application is now complete.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
HedgeWi wrote:
Thrilled to receive an invite today! Indian applicant with 710 GMAT and good GPA. Status to 'Application Under Evaluation' changed 10 days back. I guess many Indians would have received an invitation today.

Can you tell me which city in India ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I read in the instruction that the applicant should send the official certificate of transcript to the school before the decision date. However, when I check the status in my self-serviced account, it says I should send both the certificates of my degree and my transcript to the school. I forgot to upload the scanned version of my degree in the application, so I think they should ask for a scanned one instead of a hard copy. Do any of you have to send the certificate of your degree (hard copy) to them (not certificate of transcript).

The issue for me is my school does not provide official certificates (Haas required the certificate from candidate's undergrad school with the seal). My undergrad university only provides original ones and for once only. So, when I emailed and asked about my case, Haas told me to send them the original ones, they will certify them on their campus and then returned the documents to me. It's ok for the transcript as my university granted 2 copies for me. But for my university degree, I feel risky sending the original one even through DHL or UPS. In my country, most authentic copies/certificate of documents are usually made via Justice offices, not by the one which issues the originals.

I am thinking of asking them to let me send the notarized copy of my degree (which issue by Justice Department based on the original one), then follow them with a scanned copy. I still can send my original one to them, but with a lot of anxiety. If I lost the original of my degree, I can only get a certificate that says that I graduated from such a university and that I lost my original one.

Final, there's a myth that Haas is very selective on giving our interview invitation. Thus, if one gets an invitation, he or she probably has a slightly higher chance to get in than in the case of other B-school. For example, Wharton may interview 3 to get 1 in; Haas may interview 5 to get 3 in. Any one confirms this myth?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.27
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MercuryLimestone wrote:
Hi everyone,

I read in the instruction that the applicant should send the official certificate of transcript to the school before the decision date. However, when I check the status in my self-serviced account, it says I should send both the certificates of my degree and my transcript to the school. I forgot to upload the scanned version of my degree in the application, so I think they should ask for a scanned one instead of a hard copy. Do any of you have to send the certificate of your degree (hard copy) to them (not certificate of transcript).

The issue for me is my school does not provide official certificates (Haas required the certificate from candidate's undergrad school with the seal). My undergrad university only provides original ones and for once only. So, when I emailed and asked about my case, Haas told me to send them the original ones, they will certify them on their campus and then returned the documents to me. It's ok for the transcript as my university granted 2 copies for me. But for my university degree, I feel risky sending the original one even through DHL or UPS. In my country, most authentic copies/certificate of documents are usually made via Justice offices, not by the one which issues the originals.

I am thinking of asking them to let me send the notarized copy of my degree (which issue by Justice Department based on the original one), then follow them with a scanned copy. I still can send my original one to them, but with a lot of anxiety. If I lost the original of my degree, I can only get a certificate that says that I graduated from such a university and that I lost my original one.

Final, there's a myth that Haas is very selective on giving our interview invitation. Thus, if one gets an invitation, he or she probably has a slightly higher chance to get in than in the case of other B-school. For example, Wharton may interview 3 to get 1 in; Haas may interview 5 to get 3 in. Any one confirms this myth?

https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions ... 13_12.html

You have roughly a 50% chance of getting in once you get an interview. This is according to the number of applicants the admissions dept says they typically interview (25%ish) and the percentage accepted (13%).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE:Account Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
SVD86 wrote:
HedgeWi wrote:
Thrilled to receive an invite today! Indian applicant with 710 GMAT and good GPA. Status to 'Application Under Evaluation' changed 10 days back. I guess many Indians would have received an invitation today.

Can you tell me which city in India ?

Bangalore
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
contessa922 wrote:
Turns out they are still giving out interview invites over the break! I just received one in my inbox this afternoon at 1:27PM (PT). Since it's so late in the process, the e-mail indicated that on-campus interviews can no longer be scheduled, so even those of us in the Bay Area will have to do off-campus interviews with alums.

Submitted: 10/16
Application Under Review: 11/14 (I never saw my application change from Stage 1 to Stage 2)
Invited to Interview: 12/23

I'm based in California with a tech/start-up background. Hope this helps!

Congrats !! You already got Anderson Admit too. Looks like new enjoyable life ahead ;). Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE:Account Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Done with interview. Pretty standard with questions similar to ones that are seen in the clearadmit website. The alum I met was great. He made me feel very comfortable and the interview went smooth. Took about an hour or so.

Now I'm going to have sleepless nights all the way until January 15th!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Hi Guys,

My interview was on 25th Dec. General questions related to work ex etc. Was wondering if its possible for the decision to be announced before 15th Jan or not? Urgent as i need to take a few decisions before that.

Regards
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts